(Closed) 1 year+ TTC Thread – Part 4 – Bring on the BFP's

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 408
3314 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@LEwife543:  They do a pretty good job and should I have needed to go the infertility route, my insurance will actually cover 50% of the cost on it (up to a point at least).  I’m glad your dr is working to keep things as inexpensive as possible!  I know I was worried that they were going to try and stick the infertility label on me now since I’m pushing for more tests, so I was in a feisty mood for my appointment just in case I needed to battle them on that topic.  I am SO not paying infertility prices when I’m clearly NOT infertile!!  lol

My only issue with Kaiser is that they don’t believe in or know much of anything about MTHFR.  I’m not sure what they know about thyroid or PCOS for that matter, although I do think that’s more of a dr to dr thing.  My first RE spent 5 minutes peering at my chin to see if he could see evidence of facial hair because without that, he doubted my PCOS diagnosis.  *facepalm*  My current RE accepted the diagnosis without a qualm and has proven to truly listen and want to help in whatever way she can get Kaiser to go along with.  I still have to do most of my addressing of MTHFR outside of Kaiser though.  They only have stuff with folic acid and I won’t touch that crap.  lol

*hugs*  I’m so sorry to hear that AF caught you again.  πŸ™  I can get the deleting of apps.  I go through shifts.  It’s my way of coping, so when I go quiet on here, I might be on a forum that’s completely different talking and vice versus.  I hope this new cycle brings you a sticky bfp!  *hugs*

@lonsk:  Sounds like you had a wonderful trip!  Glad you had good timing even if you aren’t feeling positive.  That friend of yours sounds like a real gem.  People really just don’t think at all before they open their mouths sometimes.

AFM, I’m sitting here on CD16 with no ovulation yet.  After the last 3 months being at cd15/15/14, I had totally expected to have ovulated by now.  I guess my hormones got a work up during the miscarriage and now are acting up.  *sigh*  That should make planning the 7dpo u/s to check my lining fun.  No results back yet on the blood tests we’ve done, but Anton’s is genetic, so I’m guessing that could take a couple of weeks to get back.

Post # 409
501 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

@lonsk: 

@LEwife543: 

haha you know how roomates’ cycles get synchronized sometimes, wouldn’t it be funny if we somehow sent out vibes to each other across time and space and we ended up synchronizing on this message board! πŸ™‚ Because I was CD1 yesterday, too! that makes 3 of us!! and I think Yellow.Clover is not too far off from us if I remember correctly.

(yes I know it is impossible, i’m only joking.) πŸ™‚

well, i’m so sorry to both of you. each month just blows. πŸ™ but @lonsk: , Jamaica sounds awesome!!

much love to you all. AFM, have been trying to really surrender this issue in prayer. i’m so grateful to God for giving me increased peace on this topic recently.

Diagnosis-wise, also been doing some reading recently and it looks like ‘diminished ovarian reserve’ is probably a more accurate dx for me than ‘unexplained IF’.

I found the website of this one doc in NY who described almost exactly my lab values, as an example of someone who has diminished ovarian reserve!  he was making the point that too often, REs don’t want to scare women  by putting that label on it, so they’ll say ‘POSSIBLE diminished ovarian reserve’ but give an official dx of unexplained infertility. Whereas this doc seemed to believe that the vast majority of ‘unexplained’ cases are not really unexplained.

then I was doing some reading and it really does line up with my symptoms. apparently my short cycles are pretty classic for DOR. as is the fact that my mom struggled and failed to have more kids after me (she was 29 when I was born. I’m 31 now).

so. .. looks like i’m really fighting the clock. but I have to believe–whatever I am meant to have, the Lord will provide. whether that is a biological child or not. i hope it is, with all my heart, but if not, i really am open to other avenues.

we are also starting to really get serious about looking into foster care. the thing is that I think if we do it, it will only intensify my desire for a bio child!

i love the idea of helping kids in need, and I like that it is less permanent than adoption (which is a step I’m just not ready for right now). but I do worry about getting *more* sad about the IF issue, if we have a cute little one running around and we know that the point of it all is to hopefully give him back to his/her parents in the end.

interestingly enough, my husband spontaneously brought up the idea of fertility treatment yesterday. so we will see.

ok- i gotta get started on work! hope everyone’s work week gets off to a good start.  

Post # 410
3059 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@razzzzzz:  YAYY!!! Good luck tomorrow with the HSG! Hope everything comes back perfect and you get to be a part of that pretty statistic for those who get a bfp within the first three cycles! πŸ™‚

@lonsk:  Oh goodness, how did I forget you were in Jamaica!!?? I’m so happy to hear you had a lovely time and I’m glad your back! Surely did miss you! Your romantic birthday dinner and couple’s massage sounds AMAZING! I’m super jealous right now πŸ˜‰

So sorry AF arrived! I was really hoping we would see that announcement in the sand. *HUGS*

@LEwife543:  Awww, I’m so sorry AF arrived for you as well. πŸ™  I had such high hopes for you! *HUGS*  I too know how sad it is for each holiday, birthday, anniversary, etc that there is no bfp. I keep telling myself, oh well next Christmas, Birthday, etc I should be pregnant by then, and then when it arrives with no bfp, it just plain out sucks. One day, it will happen, when we least expect it!

@dodgercpkl:  Out of curiosity, which plan do you have? Maybe the coverage is different in CA than it is here, but my Kaiser plan only covers 20% of infertility and I have to go to the fertility clinic, no RE doctors here. πŸ™  So for now I’m still dealing with my loony OB/GYN.

I’m so sorry your body is messing with you…sigh. It’s time for it to start being nice!!! FX you get your results back soon! *HUGS*

@hellorebecca:  Haha! I was thinking the same! I think all of us are very near together in cycles! Weird.

BIG *HUGS* to you! I’m sorry to hear you feel you have DOR, but I’m thankful that God is giving you peace. I agree that the good Lord will provide, we just need to put our faith and trust in Him. Give it all to Him. Let Him do His work. Our church sermon yesterday really spoke to me in putting it all in His hands, putting ALL my faith into Him in everything, not just TTC.

I love your idea of fostering. I sometimes think that having children in our lives may lessen the stress of having a biological child of our own. Of course that’s what we all strive for, but sharing our love and faith into another human being is what matters. And hopefully in that time, our strength will over power and we will overcome our struggles and be pleasantly surprised with a miracle of our own. I often think about adoption, but I know right now it’s just not possible for us financially. Good luck in your decision…He will never lead you in the wrong path. <3

AFM, CD5, I’m hanging in and doing quite well! I’m trying to focus more on getting myself healthy in the next few months before we get to the fertility clinic. I’d like to loose another 12lbs to get me under my 2012 goal that I missed. I’d like to pay extra attention to my stomach area, I’m carrying a lot of weight there and feel that can’t be good for TTC. So of course I still hope for that BFP, but right now I need to focus more on my health.

Sending lots of love and positive thoughts for everyone on this board! I truly hope we see some more graduates very, very soon! XOXO

Post # 411
3314 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@hellorebecca:  *hugs*  Learning information like that (even if it’s not formal) is so tough.  I’m glad you are feeling at peace about it.  God’s strength is pretty amazing isn’t it?  My husband and I talked about fostering, but we are on the fence about it because of the high priority to the birth family.  I love the idea, but the thought of falling in love with a child and then the birth family getting him/her back… ugh.  I just don’t think I have that in me.  Anton and I are very much talking about adoption though.  We just don’t know if we can make it work.  It’s sounding more and more like we would need at least $20K to have a reasonable chance of adopting a child without major defects (the more we read, the more we find that the cost of the adoption is directly related to the health – physical or mental – of the child, with the healthiest and youngest coming with the highest price tag and the more damaged and/or older kids coming with the lowest).  We of course have to take into consideration the defect issue, because that could be an issue that would incur quite a bit more medical expenses over the years.  It’s all so… complicated.  *sigh*

@Yellow.Clover:  I’m cheering you on for the weight loss!  I know you can do it!  πŸ™‚  I’m about 19 pounds away from my goal for this year as well, so weight loss buddies?   πŸ™‚

Post # 412
142 posts
Blushing bee

@hellorebecca:  i

good for you for wanting to foster, i know I’m not sure if i could go down that route. My parents have fostered since i was young, and my brother and his wife have just started (they already have 4 children of their own). I find it hard sometimes to go to my parents house and see the kids who could have so much potential given the right upbringing, and then to find out that they are going back to live with deadbeat parents. Or finding out that parents of children my mum has are pregnant again. And the babies leaving breaks my heart every time, i can honestly say when the baby they have just now is adopted in the near future both my fi and i will be brokenhearted. However, the route you choose has to be right for you, and will be amazing any way x

Post # 413
1009 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hi ladies. Quick question for you. Has anyone experienced mid cycle cramping and spotting? I don’t think I should get excited. My chart makes me think I didn’t even o this round. My temps have stayed pretty consistent without a temp surge. Dh and I have been good about BDing just in case, but it’s too soon to be implantation symptoms, but too late to be olulation symptoms (and I’ve never had o syptoms). We have our next re appt next week, so is this a sign of yet another issue?

Post # 416
3059 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@dodgercpkl:  Thank you!! YES weight loss buddies indeed!! I started a thread a while ago for weight loss and TTC, maybe I should bump it?

I tried going back because I know I seen you post somewhere that you’ve lost a crazy amount of weight recently, right??

@HopefulForLittleOne:   I’ve also seen some spot at O time, could it be possible you haven’t O’d yet?

@nyckitten:  YAY for cycle twins!!! Hopefully this will be our lucky cycles!?? Well, guess we won’t be cycle buddies for long… BUT how exciting for your Frozen transfer!!! Ahhhh! I’m crossing all fingers and sending massive prayers that this is it! Eeep!

I agree! It’s time to start a new thread! I think Hami was our only graduate this thread! Time for a new one with even MORE graduates! I’ll pass on starting because I’m not very lucky either…someone else!???

Post # 417
1009 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@nyckitten:  This is my chart, which shows the lack of ovulation (or do the more experienced charters see anything?  I also noted the BDing at about the time I expected to O, so while I did see some eggwhite, I don’t know if that was CM or from BDing).  I’ve always had pretty regular cycles.  It shows cramping on CD16, and spotting on CD17.  Both were pretty quick and minor, but given everything else we’re about to do, I’m trying to very astute to what’s happening with my body so we can proceed accordingly.

Post # 418
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@hellorebecca: Haha! I have thought about how often our periods on this board are  synchronizing it is so weird!

@Yellow.Clover:  @hellorebecca:  Ladies, Jamaica was fabulous and highly recommended

I hope there is more luck on the next thread, I won’t start it because I am beyond unlucky. I received a phone call that my first RE appointment that I’ve waited forever for has been moved from March 18 to April 8 Frown DH is out of town on the 8th so will have to find another date. I don’t know why the forces of the waiting game are against me but for some reason they are. So frustrating!

Post # 419
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Hi everyone!  I was brave and started the new thread.  Find it here.

Post # 420
504 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

@nyckitten:  eh… Aw well.

@dodgercpkl:  50%!! Awesome! That’s so great they work with you. And I really really hope you get some answers. Blood tests and all. (-: what’s mthfr?

@hellorebecca:  honestly. It sucks to know you may have DOR. But it’s great you’re closing in on a cause. (-: and that way maybe you can start to look at other options like ivf or freezing your eggs until you can do that. FX for you. I’m happy that you’re being so positive and calm about your discovery and journey. 

@Yellow.Clover:  eh. It’s alright. Gotta stop allowing myself to get so excited. Silly of me. On the other hand. Your healthy lifestyle choice is Excellent! So excited for you. I’ll be cheering you on the whole way. Sapphire got her BFP that way. So FX you’ll be the next graduate! 

@nyckitten:  so incredibly totally whole heartedly excited for you. Best news I’ve heard all day. FX you will also be a graduate before summer hits us. (-:

Post # 421
504 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

@HopefulForLittleOne:  yeah. Maybe no o yet. Other than that I got nothing. FX it is nbd or a something positive. (-:

The topic ‘1 year+ TTC Thread – Part 4 – Bring on the BFP's’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors