(Closed) 1 Year + TTC Thread – Pt. 2

posted 9 years ago in TTC
Post # 17
5592 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@lonsk:  So weird.. it works when I click it.

That wait time is a boat load of $#it. 

Post # 18
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@SapphireSun:  It’s working now! Not sure why it didn’t the frist time. I’m no help though when it comes to charts – sorry ๐Ÿ™ I don’t chart because I work shift work and my sleep/awake cycles are too sporadic.

Post # 19
5592 posts
Bee Keeper

@lonsk:  But I figured out how to share!  So, yay for little victories… haha

But for real, what is with the 7 month wait to see an OB?  Is it just a particular really popular one or something?  Mine took I think three months and I thought that was absolute crap.  How does he/she even take on pregnant patients?  The baby would be freakin born before you actually got an appointment.

Post # 20
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

@SapphireSun:  Haha! congrats on the victory post!

I have no idea what is with the wait. I have tried countless OBGYN’s but most were not accepting new patients. I was recommended this one by a friend. I had high hopes that he would be really proactive and understanding as supposedly he was a GP first, then his wife had fertility issues so he went back to school and now focuses on infertility plus he delivers babies so that was an added bonus to me. Never in my wildest dreams thought it would take so long. Really wallowing in self pity this month!

Post # 21
2649 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

@lonsk:  id be so livid! as if us ladies have any patience going for us. hmph. sorry dear!

Post # 22
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

@wifegoodman:  Thanks for the sympathies. I had tried getting referals when we were at the 7 month mark but the doctor laughed and said to wait a year, I knew there would be a long wait that’s why I wanted to get on the list prior to the year mark then cancel if necessary. really losing patience!

Post # 24
1092 posts
Bumble bee

Some replies are from the previous thread. ๐Ÿ™‚

@wifegoodman:  I’m glad you had an awesome honeymoon.  The break from “real life” when you go on vacation is always so refreshing!

View original reply
@lonsk:  April 4th–eeep!  I’m sorry for the long wait.  I think it might possibly have something to do with where we’re located in Canada…?  A friend of mine in the same health region as me went through unexplained IF (and ended up adopting) but when they were pursuing treatment, she had to wait a YEAR to get into see an OB (not even an RE!!!).  {And that’s just mean that they made you buy the baby gift for your coworker! Surprised}

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Thanks for starting the new thread.  I love the Murphy’s Laws and can check off pretty much all of them. ๐Ÿ˜‰   In regards to O, you must be SO frustrated!  Gah, why is your body messing with you like that!  I’m sorry, it just…..sucks!  (((Hugs)))

View original reply
@SapphireSun:  “The baby would be freakin born before you actually got an appointment.” Haha, good point!  The link to your chart worked for me and YES!!!! You’re 5dpo today!  Yay for good stuff and small victories!

@bunny: {{{Hugs}}} I’m sorry, lady.  I’m keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.  I know how badly you wanted to get pg this cycle. ๐Ÿ™  Lots of (((hugs)))) xoxoxo

@BrianneG: O gosh, that’s a boatload of money if you decide to pursue IVF.  Wow.  I don’t have much of an idea of costs since we won’t be pursuing that route.  But OUCH. 

Even supplements get pricey.  I spent almost $250 on a 3 month’s supply of FertilAid for Men, FertilAid for Women, FertileCM, and FertiliTea.  (That’s a $1,000 on an annual basis for vitamins!  And we take a few others besides…) We’re going to give the supplements a chance to work until the New Year and then we’ll see about testing. 

I’m actually pretending that I’m not TTC until the New Year.  As of right now, I’m not temping, not worrying about CM, nothin’.  It’s kinda fun, actually. Cool  I just keep telling myself “I’m not TTC. I’m not TTC. I’m not TTC.”  Reverse psychology, you know!  And I wasn’t even going to come on the boards, but I can’t tear myself away from you guys. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 25
789 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@lonsk:  that is craziness!!!!!!! Good grief!

medical personnel who deal with infertility need to have a better bed side manner for us! Grrr. This process is hard enough!

Post # 26
469 posts
Helper bee

@lonsk:  April 4? That’s just crazy. I was annoyed that I had to schedule a month out, but six months is just cray-cray. 

AFM, I let the RE’s office know that we want to proceed with IUI even though I haven’t officially gotten the go-ahead from my husband. I’m feeling really positive about our chances and the price is so reasonable. I’m a little concerned about the cost of meds. I was hoping I could shop around but it appears that they have a relationship with a pharmacy and put in the order themselves. Hopefully, I’ll be on the low end of the medicine range since I haven’t had any prolems ovulating.

I’m also concerned about the potential of multiples with IUI. As much as I love the idea of having twins (one and done), I don’t want to end up like Octomom or dealing with selective reduction. 

Post # 27
5592 posts
Bee Keeper

@Yellow.Clover:  re: provera – Murphy’s law at it again. Of course if you had provera on hand this cycle would have been perfect length. 

@Yellow.Clover:  

View original reply
@MrsFarmer:  thanks for e heckling out the chart ladies!  Unfortunately that o day being correct isnt exactly good news.  both times I’ve taken provera I’ve spotted heavily from cd15-19, so 1) bd was badly timed and 2) even if the timing was good I’m pretty concerned about not having much of a comfy home left for an embryo to implant. So, I’m not putting too much hope on this cycle.  

Post # 28
2649 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

4 expecting announcements on facebook in 3 days. im boycotting. no.. but really! of course thatd be our life! and of course we notice it more. 

i think my ovulation days were oct 1-2 or maybe oct 2-3 but the nurses at our ivf clinic told me no need to chart anymore while on bcp this month and going ahead with the injections+letrozole at the end. i think they also told me to use protection while BD’ing while on bcp. not sure why. but so far that hasnt happened. oops

Post # 29
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

@MrsFarmer:  Good luck with the reverse psychology, I think that’s a great plan! I don’t know why our wait times are so ridiculous, it just adds to the frustration. I’m glad you are sticking around on the boards, they are a little addicting and I’d miss you!

View original reply
@BrianneG:  Good luck with the IUI, I love that you are feeling so positive about it. I have always wanted twins which may sound crazy, but I totally get how you feel about being Octomom – haha!

Post # 30
469 posts
Helper bee

Has anyone heard about Micro IVF? I can’t stop googling unexplained infertility and it sounds particularly interesting. As someone who appears to be ovulating regularly, it sounds like a viable and less expensive option. And maybe my husband might like it a little better.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC Thread – Pt. 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors