(Closed) 1 Year + TTC Thread – Pt. 2

posted 9 years ago in TTC
Post # 302
2294 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@wifegoodman:    Good luck on the HSG today!  I know for me it wasn’t pleasant, but it wasn’t horrible either.  And it brought some answers (and more hands in my hoohah with a cauterizer… lol).  Hopefully today will bring you some good news!

I feel you on the cost of things.  We’ve been lucky in the cost of our meds, but then had the cost of an HSG ($350), MRI ($550), Hysteroscopy (still waiting for the hammer I know is going to fall on that one but I’m expecting around $1200), as well as the myriad of other blood tests that I’ve had done, genetic testing etc.  Who knew we’d be going through our savings like we are just trying to get and stay pregnant!!  I’m likely to be adding Lovenox to the mix for my next pregnancy and I’m dreading finding out what our co-pay will be on that.  >.<

View original reply
@SapphireSun:  Ugh.  I had the cycle that didn’t want to die also.  When I came off of bcp, I had 17 months of no natural cycle at all.  My only cycles (4 in total) were brought on by prometrium.  I finally got my natural cycle back after my Endo put me on metformin and I lost a ton of weight – I have PCOS.  I hope you get your AF soon, or get in for an appointment and get some answers there!  Best of luck on your hubby’s SA!

View original reply
@BrianneG:  Erg.  I’m not looking forward to giving myself shots (or making hubby give them to me!).   Glad they are getting easier for you!

View original reply
@MrsFarmer:  YAY for hubby taking it religiously!  Mine has surprised me with that as well!  He’s been remembering to take it on his own without me saying a word.  When will you test?  I feel you on taking a break.  DH and I have been trying now for 2.5 years and 2 miscarriages and it just realllllly gets to you after a while.  I had to take a break over the last several months because I just couldn’t take it anymore – especially while I was having to wait on ttc for surgery.  I hope this is your month!

View original reply
@lonsk:  Here’s to hoping you are wrong and it’s cycle 17 that’s your bfp cycle!

View original reply
@bunny:  
View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Wishing you both the best on your tww’s!!  

View original reply
@hamikay:  Fingers crossed for an early O for you!

Not much going on here.  I couldn’t sleep, so I’m up waaaaay too early.  I have my post op appointment today and am hoping to get the ok to jump my husband again!  With a condom for now, but still!  It’s been almost a month and we are both going stir crazy!  Hopefully we’ll also get the go ahead to start trying again on my next cycle (should start around Nov 5th-ish).

Post # 304
2649 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

WHY IS THIS SO FRUSTRATING! i question myself on when enough is enough.

had my midcycle ultrasound and none of my follies are mature enough. i had two at 10mm but nothing above 15mm. waiting for a call to find out what happens next. hoping maybe another ultrasound on friday or monday (i finish letrozole on friday) to see if my follies have grown from now to then. and praying that they have so i can trigger my O and get to work.

im off to take a nap before my HSG this afternoon – thank you all for your well thoughts. they truly mean the world to me, and some support outside of DH is a great bonus.

Post # 305
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

@wifegoodman:  I’m so sorry that you’re so frustrated. I wish I could do something to fix it  πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™

what are you taking right now ? also dont stress about hsg. you will get answrrs and it’s only a slight discomfort. after mine I laid down for 30 minutes, got bored went to ike, shopped and rearranged my closet πŸ™‚ so dont worry.  

Post # 306
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

hey ladies!

*dances into the room raising the roof*

woot woot- i’m here! infertility par-tay!

(ha. this is a party to which I would have gladly declined an invite but. . . i guess I can come out of lurker mode on this thread now.)

Cycle Day: 13

Months/Cycles TTC: 12 months/this is cycle 14

Any diagnoses? Plans moving forward? unexplained thus far. still need to rule out tubal factor since my HSG was non-diagnostic. If this isn’t the cycle for us, then I am having a diagnostic lap on Nov 15.(eek!)

Biggest Motivator in the TTC process: i have just always wanted to be a mom.

Something we might not know about you: hm. this is a good question. I have to think. oh yeah– I am in an inter-racial marriage. I guess that’s kind of interesting! um, i’m also really tall. like 5’10”. and,  most of you guys already know that i’m a psychiatrist.

Post # 307
389 posts
Helper bee

@wifegoodman:  good luck with the HSG. hope your follies mature over the next few days! keep your head up. . I know it is so hard.

View original reply
@ihateweddings:  i am going to randomly respond to a comment that I remember you posting like 2 weeks ago (yes I was lurking!). and I am going to say that no one ever should have to fit into size 26 jeans, it should be illegal. I think those might fit around my calves. πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  oh i’m so sorry to hear about the temp drop! I was so hoping this was your month with the natural O and everything. fx that maybe the temp was a fluke?

View original reply
@dodgercpkl: just wanted to say that you are such an inspiration. you are one of the people on this board who has gone through the most time and tears and awfulness.  I think that I want you to get pregnant more than I want myself to get pregnant!

View original reply
@SapphireSun:  oh no. grr long cycles sound soo frustrating!! are you on metformin? I keep hearing that that can help …

Post # 308
2203 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Well I have royally effed up my cycle. My head just isn’t in the game this cycle and I keep messing up the timing. From getting off the Pill too early, starting Lupron late, ordering the wrong dose of Estrace… ugh! Last night my stomach was so sore from injecting I just sat down and cried. I feel like I should just stop all meds, have a period and start all over. Like I jinxed myself because normally every cycle I am ON IT. Calendar taped to my bathroom mirror, appts pre planned, med doseage already ready and sitting out the night before. 

Today is just not a good day. I am so tired of trying at this point I want to throw my hands up and say to hell with it. 

Post # 310
389 posts
Helper bee

@Yellow.Clover: thanks for the welcome!  πŸ™‚ you guys are a great group of ladies indeed.

View original reply
@mixtapehearts: hi, nice to ‘meet’ you! I’m sorry you’re feeling so UGH. πŸ™

you know, you may not have really messed anything up too bad. . ,many things in medicine have a margin of error built in. call your RE and see what they think! who knows, this cycle that you are so down about could end up being ‘the one’.

Post # 311
2649 posts
Sugar bee

@ihateweddings:  im taking metformin, letrozole & doxycycline right now. if my follies mature, possibly adding estrace on top of the hcg trigger shot and progesterone.

hope the hsg goes pretty pain free! i sure do love to shop at ikea, lol!

Post # 312
2649 posts
Sugar bee

@mixtapehearts:  i sort of feel the same. but then im like FUCK. what a waste of money that was on all of those meds. (pardon my language). chin up buttercup! tomorrow is a new day πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  bottle of wine. YES PLEASE.

View original reply
@hellorebecca:  my marriage is bi-racial too! YAY =D so lovely. also, i didnt know that hsg’s could be “non diagnostic!” what what!

Post # 313
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@dodgercpkl:  Hope your post op appointment goes well, I bet tonight will be a good good night in your house if you get the go ahead Wink

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Oh darling I hope you can shake the sadness. This process is harder then most people understand. It is okay (and necessary) to have our sad days, I just hope yours doesn’t last too long. I hope all the other exciting things going on in your life right now (like the sale of your house, moving, etc) can provide you with a distraction and enough positivity to get out of the depressing funk. I’ve also heard of many women getting pregnant after an HSG and even more so after a D&C – though not wishing that on anyone!

View original reply
@wifegoodman:  FX that your follies get growing!!

View original reply
@hellorebecca:  Hey lady! loved your enterance into the thread, made me smile with a visual! sorry you had to join the “PAR-TAYYYY!”

View original reply
@mixtapehearts:  Sorry you are having such a frustrating time, please don’t ever think of a cycle as a complete waste, there is always a chance, just BD as if everything was lined up perfectly and who knows maybe this will be your month

Post # 314
2203 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@hellorebecca:  My RE is pretty annoyed with me over all my mess ups. I’m awaiting word on what we are going to do. I don’t blame him, I’m being a pain ha. 

Post # 315
2294 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@Yellow.Clover:  Tbf, I don’t think I ever truly introduced myself on this particular thread! I’ve been on the Infertility thread before, but I’m not sure I have been on this one before. πŸ™‚ I had a septum in my uterus (mullerian anomaly that is basically dead tissue with no blood flow that eggs can’t survive and grow if they implant on), and the surgery cauterized it off down to living tissue (at least so my RE says!). Luckily just an out patient procedure AND I’ve been given the go ahead to actively ttc again once my next AF is over! YAY!

I had the same issue with charting. I started charting the month I got my first BFP (also first true cycle that I knew of), so even though I’ve been ttc for 2.5 years, I only have a handful of charts! I think going one more month so you get some more info is a good idea. Just don’t be surprised if the HSG messes with your cycle a bit. Mine was a bit wonky in the cycle I had my HSG done. I know SOOOO many ladies that had success with getting pregnant after their HSG’s. I hope it’s true for both you and Wifegoodman!

View original reply
@wifegoodman:  *hugs*  I’m so sorry your follies are being contrary.  I hope that you can get another u/s friday or monday and that this time your follies show up with some nice sized numbers!  Hope you have an easy HSG and that you get some good news from it!  I’m hoping both you and yellow.clover have bfp’s that come from your HSG cycles.

View original reply
@ihateweddings:  I was the same after mine. πŸ™‚ In fact I’m pretty sure that my husband and I got it on just a couple hours after mine. lol

View original reply
@hellorebecca:  Welcome to the party!  I wish you didn’t have to be here though!!  I agree that this is one party that I would have sooooo gladly declined the invitation to.  lol  *hugs*  Your comments made my pretty good day even better!  Thank you so much!!  My marriage isn’t bi-racial, but it’s bi-cultural.  πŸ™‚ 

View original reply
@mixtapehearts:  Ugh.  πŸ™  Sorry things have gotten so messed up on this cycle.  I bet it can be a big stress so often with remembering what to start taking when and what to stop taking when.  I hope the cycle can be salvaged and that it leads to your bfp!

View original reply
@lonsk:  It went very well and yes, tonight will be a GOOOOOOOOD night!  πŸ˜€  It will be interesting too.  I’ve heard other ladies who had septums removed say that the sex was even better afterwards because there was more room!  Hope that’s true for me too!  πŸ˜€

So I’m reminded that I’ve never really introduced myself on this thread. lol

My name is Teri. I’m 37.
Married to Anton who is 31.
We’ve been trying since June 2010 (so just shy of 2.5 years).
We have no living children, but two angel babies.
Our first was due August 12, 2012. I miscarried at 4w3d. Dh and I decided she was a girl and named her Angie Joy.
Our 2nd was to be due Feb 3, 2013. I miscarried at 4w5d. Dh and I decided this one was a boy and named him Dustin Matthew.

My issues:
PCOS – diagnosed August 2011
Hashimotos – Diagnosed November 2011
MTHFR homozygous c677t – diagnosed June 2012
Septate uterus – diagnosed September 2012

My doctors and I all feel that the septum has been the major player in my miscarriages. Now that the septum is gone, I am feeling pretty confident that I will be able to carry to term. I have my Hashimoto’s managed at the moment. My PCOS is nearly controlled, and I’ve been working very hard to do everything I can to bipass the issues that MTHFR can cause.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC Thread – Pt. 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors