(Closed) 1 Year + TTC Thread – Pt. 2

posted 9 years ago in TTC
Post # 347
3501 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

View original reply
@dodgercpkl:  sorry you werent feeling well afterwards. til next time, and itll be worth the wait! happy thoughts.

i think i broke my toe tonight. the glass top from our end table fell and completely smashed my foot. its swollen and not pretty. i even think the corner of the glass went right into my foot, because i have a huge huge dark dark purple dab. WHAM.

i cant find a urgent care that does xrays and is open at 530pm. so annoying. and DH is at work until about 730. i finally got the courage to put ice on it and MY THAT KILLED. correction: KILLS.

im hoping since my toe might be broken, ill have mature follies tomorrow. a girl can dream!

in the mean time, i lay on the couch and wait for greys anatomy. wishing i had one of them to give me an xray. and a baby. hehe

Post # 348
3311 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
@wifegoodman:  Oh no!!  I hope you can get in soon to have it looked at.  I’m praying so hard for you to have nice mature follies tomorrow!!  

Post # 349
3501 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@dodgercpkl:  ah, thank you so much dear! im sure regardless of the result ill be thinking of this thread and anxious to update!

Post # 350
3311 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@wifegoodman:  I’m looking forward to it!  What time do you have your scan?

Post # 351
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I just wanted to stop in and say hi! I miss you a ladies a bunch but it is good trying to decrease my ttc focus.  I just wanted you to know that I’m cheering for you and I will check back in soon.

Post # 353
3311 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  *hugs*  I can totally get that.  I hope can find a way to de-stress about ttc this next cycle.  We’ll be thinking of you!

Post # 354
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

View original reply
@MrsFarmer:  Awww… thank you so much for thinking of me!!  Hugs and prayers to you too (and all the other lovelies you mentioned)

Post # 355
3501 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  thinking of you always!

i have a mature follie! ONLY ONE. but ill take it! one is all it takes! im waiting for my dr to take a look at the u/s and call me back with the plan as to when to inject myself & BD. DH and i decided to do “timed intercourse” vs IUI this cycle since our doctor didnt think there was any reason to suggest i do IUI first & if this doesnt work, were thinking we’ll do the same thing next cycle with letrozole but go the IUI route. and then probably take a break from all the meds and continue to BD on our own. if we have no luck come feburary, we’ll head on the full ivf route.

hoping we dont need to follow with all those plans and that this little thing will stick!

& my toe isnt broken, yay! but i almost wish it was for a boot to protect it. lol. it was hard to sleep & keep the puppies off the bed! + i cant get a shoe on! definitely went to my drs office without it. aaha.

ITS FRIDAY! weekend plans to get anyones mind off ttc?!

Post # 356
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

View original reply
@wifegoodman:  One is still good ! like you said, all it takes is one so YAY and so sorry to hear about your toe!

Here is something that might make you laugh.. Remember how I was talking about my part job and I will lose it cause I cannot fit into their jeans anymore? The moment of truth has been scheduled tohappen tuesday morn.

and separately how I recently filled out a questionnaire just to get approved to be seen by this highly recommended infertility doctor?

So finally I get a call back from this doctor about 10 minutes ago, saying “hi yes the doctor will see you, actually we just had a cancellation’

me:”oh wonderful, thank you so much. I am available anytime except for tuesday morning 10 to 12.”

-“aaah the time available is tuesday morning at 10:30. so the next one is at the end of November”

……… of course it is… THIS IS MY LUCK hahahahhahahaha

so now the doctor’s office is holding the date for me for 1 hour. I’m trying to change my fitting time, since I can easily not-fit into jeans the next morning.

UPDATE.. I was able to move the fitting to the next day, so I will see this miracle doctor tuesday. I somehow wish he would say “HAHAHAA of course you didnt get pregnant, I know why.. it’s your allergies. you are allergic to sperm..(or something equally silly and simple) very easy to fix, eat a lime daily and you shall be pregnant BAAAM”

Post # 357
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

and on the subject of all of us being here in this PARTY 🙂  It’s easier when I have all of you to share things with. and I think we will all get there eventually, maybe right away, maybe later.

In the mean time here is what I promise; IF I get pregnant, I will still be in this thread, because there are a million friends with babies we can get advice from, but there are only so few of us to share infertility experiences and it’s important that we still share our experiences with everyone else. 

My mother had me when she was 22. She didn’t want me as she was recently married and knew right away the marriage wouldn’t last. I was the accident. When much later she wanted to have my sister with my step dad she just couldn’t. Unexplained miscarriages.  She had many IVFs and many miscarriages. Finally after 10 years, she went to a different doctor, who insisted that during the IVF, she should only get 1 embryo instead of the traditional 2 or 3 or 4. It was a success and she gave birth to my sister. This was 15 years ago. The technology and medicines are better today. for example I remember she used to get months of burning progesterone shots. My sister was the biggest spoiled brat in the world. She is a teenager now so UGH.. but she is a good kid 🙂

We will all get there, so it’s just a matter of when, but in the meantime I’m here to listen to anyone vent and yell (or write in capital letters).

Post # 358
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Don’t know if it helps, but there will only be 2 people in the room for your HSG. That’s Shady Grove normal, and all I had. 😉

Post # 359
3501 posts
Sugar bee

im in! NOVEMBER 13.

a week later than i expected, but since my follies werent mature enough on wednesday that delayed things. im thankful they were mature today! 

dr called with the plan — i do my hcg trigger injection sunday night, BD sunday night & again 36-40 hours later. sometime tuesday, have to check with DH work schedule. then let the tww begin.

Post # 360
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  You will be missed around here but hope a break is just what you need to bring you into a more positive light. take care of yourself, look forward to hearing from you again when the time is right for you.

View original reply
@wifegoodman:  Yeah for the mature follie!!!

View original reply
@ihateweddings:  Ahhh… your promise to stick around through/after pregnancy warmed my heart – thank you!!! It is so important for us to support each other and those that may follow in our footsteps. Thank you for sharing your mother’s story as well. It is so true that we will all become mothers one way or another if we want too. It may not be in the way that we invisioned but one way or another we WILL all be mothers whether it be by IUI, IVF, surrogate, adoption, or naturally. I look forward to knowing all you ladies as Mommy’s and the struggles of TTC being behind us!

I got hit with a pregnancy announcement that I was not prepared for. It came from a just married almost 38 year old who was so non-chalant and thought it was so easy to get pregnant. She wasn’t even trying yet as felt she had “lots of time” – I remember thinking “Lady you have no idea how long it can take, its not always so easy and time is against you” Well she proved me wrong! Find it frustrating that she has NO CLUE about pregnancy or babies. All she is concerned about is what her body will look like afterwards. She had no idea she should not be eating sushi and that she needs to take prenatal vitamins… sigh.

But I will continue to remind myself that my time will come…

Post # 361
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

SO SO SO SO EXCITED for you!!!! FX

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC Thread – Pt. 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors