(Closed) 1 Year + TTC Thread – Pt. 2

posted 9 years ago in TTC
Post # 33
2649 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

@MrsFarmer:  im so glad youre hanging around with us!

Post # 34
469 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@Yellow.Clover:  Yeah, I looked at natural IVF but I’d probably only produce one egg that way and Micro IVF you tend to produce 2 to 5. Natural IVF is MUCH cheaper because there’s less monitoring and no meds. Micro IVF appears to have less monitoring and fewer drugs. If I can talk my husband into IVF it would be great to minimize the cost. I found a number of offices in Southern California that do Natural and micro IVF so even if my RE isn’t willing I can find another one. I guess that’s the good thing about living near a really big city.

Post # 35
789 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@wifegoodman:  oh good grief! That is so frustrating.

View original reply
@BrianneG:  oh I have that fear also. I dream I give birth to a basketball team! Haven’t heard of micro Ivf. But I wish you the best as you move to the next step of your journey. 

View original reply
@MrsFarmer:  be strong woman!

AFM I’m hanging out at 5 dpo. Had Accupuncture today. And I think I will hold off on another appt until I get my bfp this cycle! (I say with fingers crossed and lots of prayers). I will start progesterone cream (internal) tomorrow.  I swear I’m not symptom spotting at all. Except my boobs have been sore for 3 days. But whateisn’t aren’t boobs always sore! Lol

Post # 37
932 posts
Busy bee

Chatty ladies! A new thread already! Hi there, everyone!

I’m ouuuuuut for this cycle. Shark Week started in full force yesterday morning. I fully expected it though, so the disappointment hasn’t hit me yet (maybe it won’t??). October is month 21 of TTC, and I’m kind of just….blah…about the whole thing. It’ll happen eventually I’m sure, but I’ve just sort of stopped imagining what it will be like to get a BFP. Oh well!

Any of my fellow Canadian bees getting excited for Thanksgiving? I’m doing all of my baking tomorrow (my last full day of freedom before I start my new job! This holiday has gone by very quickly!). Dinner’s on Saturday for us, can’t wait for turkey!!

Post # 39
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@BrianneG:  Hmmm, have you asked Mrs. Lox, I think she may have mentioned Micro IVF before, if not she’s very knowledgeable about IVF

View original reply
@Wispy:  I LOVE your confidence lady!, keep it up. Fingers crossed for you.

View original reply
@redsmarties:  Sorry about the arrival of shark week, glad you are not letting it get you down though. Happy Thanksgiving!

AFM, okay I’m nuts. Last night I watched that new show “Guys With Kids” one of the characters has 4 boys and was trying for a girl and I caught myself getting pissed off and muttering about her getting a BFP on her first try and being a little smug when she didn’t – Geez! now I am angry with fictional characters!!!!

Post # 40
523 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

May I join you lovely ladies?weve been TTC for about 2 1/2 years now,I have PCOS and were currently waiting for an appointment at a fertility clinic.

@redsmarties:  Im sorry about shark week arriving!I know how you feel about the whole blah thing. Every now and again I get all hopeful I suppose you could call it, or maybe optimistic is a better word. but most of the time I feel like weve gone through frustration and anger and now just arrived at “meh”. I still have days where I feel like I could just scream and cry lots but Ive kind of accepted that this really isnt going to happen without outside help.

Good luck to all you ladies!

Post # 42
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@kimbo89:  Welcome, look forward to getting to know you better!

Post # 43
5592 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@lonsk:  haha, I watched that show as well, and was like, “They BEST not get knocked up after doing it once” during the scene when she’s testing.  It’s all good!

View original reply
@redsmarties:  I’m excited for an extra day off for sure.  We’re going to my aunt’s on Sunday so we have no responsibliity except to show up and eat 🙂

View original reply
@kimbo89:  welcome!

Post # 44
789 posts
Busy bee

@kimbo89:  welcome to our little ttc family!

Post # 45
444 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

@BrianneG 

View original reply
@lonsk:  Alas I know nothing about micro IVF so I’m no good. I do know that natural cycle has fairly low success rates so many clinics won’t even bother with it. The thing about any IVF is it’s so much luck involved. Even though you get a handful of eggs, there’s no garauntee they’ll be mature, and then that they’ll fertilize, and then that they’ll grow normally. You could have a ton of eggs retrieved and only have one or two viable embryos in the end. Or you could get just 3 and have them all be picture perfect. 😉 

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC Thread – Pt. 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors