(Closed) 1 Year + TTC Thread – Pt. 2

posted 9 years ago in TTC
Post # 469
2649 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

@Yellow.Clover:  yay so happy! you had to move on to your side? its so strange how doctors do things differently! i was super freaked out too. i think being so freaked out helped in me thinking, oh that wasnt AS painful as i expected. because the first time i dealt with a catheter – it was horrible. the worst pain ive felt to date. happy for you girlfriend!

Post # 471
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

@Yellow.Clover:  I’ve had to roll to one side and when I asked why they said my one tube was wider so the paint went in it easy but to push the paint towards the other side they made me lay down  then the paint went through.

Post # 473
140 posts
Blushing bee

well it doesnt mean it’s stuck. he said ometimes they turn you to make the dye go k  easier. if he says the tubes are open then they are open and it’s all good. I would ask for the xrays though cause my nee doctor wants it and now I have to go back over there to get it.

Post # 474
5592 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@givemecouture:  welcome. Hope your stay is short and sweet ๐Ÿ™‚ 

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  im so glad everything went well wih your test! 

Just hanging out on cd3 here. Made a chocolate/peanutbutter cake for a co-workers birthday today, and usually when we have cake at work I cut/serve myself last and if there’s none left I take it as an omen that I’m not supposed to eat that shit anyway (and I work with 50 men, so we run out of birthday cake frequently) but today… So help me if someone steps between me and that cake, theyre gonna lose a finger. 

Post # 475
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

@MrsFarmer:  love the MT quote. ive said it before and i’ll say it again, you are a great example of patience!!

View original reply
@SapphireSun:  so sorry about AF coming ๐Ÿ™

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  YAY! so glad your HSG went well!! definitely don’t feel silly for being worried, you never know how it is going to go until you get in there. everyone is different.

View original reply
@ihateweddings:  so glad that you made it thru Sandy ok!

View original reply
@bunny:  soo hopeful for you this cycle!

well, ladies you are all amazing.

i have a problem though. once I start doing something I tend to do it obsessively!!

so, I know I only joined the ttc boards a few months ago, but I am finding myself looking at WB waaaay too much at work. and I think I need to give myself a moratorium.

not to mention, i just really need to figure out how to focus on ME and my life and be happy while ttc. it’s so so hard. and I LOVE the support of this community but i really think it feeds my ttc obsession.

so. . .we are taking a mandated break from ttc this cycle because I’m having a lap surgery next week, and I think I’m going to use this as an intervention for myself. no more WB!!

i will miss you all, even in the short time i’ve been posting here, I have come to think of you all so fondly! cheesy but true ๐Ÿ™‚

by the way, I’m not a Mormon and this lady is, but this blog http://www.ablogaboutlove.com

also contributed to kick-starting the new atttitude I’m trying to have. She has been ttc a total of 8 years with 2 different husbands and is totally positive about it. . .it was very inspirational to me to read her posts.

anyway, love to everyone and prayers for sticky babies. I may or may not come back in December. . .if so, I’ll see you then!

Post # 477
140 posts
Blushing bee

Ok Ladies, so I wanted to share some experiences I’ve had yesterday in case it helps anyone.

I went to my new infertility doctor. He is supposed to be a big name. Gave me a book he wrote as well. Here is what he did different than my last doctor. 

First of all hubby and I had to fill up a really detailed paperwork. Including answering questions about race and background related tests. Like;  are you from italy, mediterranean, greek? or chinese, japanese.. and if you are, have you been tested for so and so or this and that.

Second thing is the doctor and a helping doctor spent alot of time, going through all the notes and test results of the previous doctor to draw up a map of what we need to test, and what we don’t need to waste time on.

A VERY detailed physical test. including a rectal exam. I am very ashamed to admit that at some point yesterday noon, I was sitting on an exam table, pleading with doctor not to do it, stating excuses like “but it’s my first time here, can’t we take it slow a bit?” or “listen doc, I think I would know if I had colon cancer. k?”  Needless to say, much to my pleading I was probed and fingered, and of course, as usual I gave blood.. lots of it. 

Honestly if man ever had to go through any of this for infertility treatments, no couple could ever have kids unless it’s natural.

They are checking for lots of things. He said during my ultrasound he saw a shadow which could mean a shadow or endomatriosis, so I have to go back in 2 weeks.  I never thought I would hope to have endiometriosis but to have a reason is so much better to handle than not having a reason.Hubby has to do another sperm test for good measure and we are getting tested for very detailed genetic stuff that we weren’t tested before.

Also I found out, I was on my 13 days after period and already ovulated, to that my husband said (in front of the doctors) “what the hell? Your ovulation window is like 30 seconds”

Over all it was a very different experience. I felt I was in a very professional hospital full of doctors who help pop up babies left and right.

Downside.. very expensive. 650$ for a visit. If you think about it… it really feels like I just spent 650$ to have a finger up my bumm.

Post # 478
140 posts
Blushing bee

@SapphireSun:  I once heard that eating sticky stuff helps make the embryo stick easier hehe. sounds like good advice to me. Please pass over teh recipie for the cake!

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  My new doctor asked how often we have sex and we realized the longer we’ve been TTC, the less times we have sex.  How ironic is that??

You will have a baby so DO NOT let yourself get upset.

View original reply
@hellorebecca:  Good luck with everything, hoping to you see you soon feeling great! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 481
1183 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@sapphiresun:  You MADE that recipe???  That cake looks freaking amazing.  You’re gonna have yourself a mail order business on your hands! 

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC Thread – Pt. 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors