(Closed) 1 Year + TTC Thread – Pt. 2

posted 9 years ago in TTC
Post # 47
2649 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

I went from blonde to brunette last night. Quite the shocker and huge change. I’m… ah… still adjusting lets say.

We were going to go up north to our cabin this weekend and celebrate “apple fest” with the family – but with weather being 24-42 degrees with snow showers greatly makes me rethink that decision. Not to mention apple fest is along lake superior. BRRRR. So instead, i think husband and i will stay here at home in MN and soak up our 60-70 degree weather after these horrible windy 50 degree days. We’ll take anything above 50! After being away the last 3 weekends, i look forward to hanging around town and lounging with our pups. 

I’m a stay at home wife and husband works a lot – as any wife would, im excited to spend some QT! and were juuuust under our 2 month mark of newlyweds.

I’m dying to get to a punkin patch/apple orchard. I love the hayrides. Anyone else?! Have a lovely weekend bees!

Post # 48
523 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Thanks everyone!Laughing

@wifegoodman:  Haha I went brunette to blonde and it was…interesting lol. I decided to go back a few weeks later because maintaining my roots got annoying,and Im supposed to be a hairstylist lol! Your plans sound like fun I like nothing more than spending time in our neighbourhood with DH and the dog.

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  So true about keeping hope to a minimum!

We finally heard back from the doctors and things are finally rolling (after 6 months, *sigh*) DHs records are being linked up with mine and in a couple of days I have to ring back to organise him going for a sperm analysis. Hes not exactly happy about “putting his stuff in a cup” but hes laughing and joking about it so I dont think hes too upset about it lol. I also have to go for bloodwork on cycle days either 2-5,which will now have to be November, grr I am so NOT a patient person!

Does anybody know what they will be testing for with my bloods?I wouldve asked on the phone but it was just a receptionist passing a message on so I didnt think she would know the exact reasons why

Post # 49
4053 posts
Honey bee

Stalker here!! Hope you don’t mind;)

@kimbo89:  Usually they will check an estrogen (AKA, estradiol or E2), FSH and an LH that early in the cycle. Also, I just wanted to say my husband threw a FIT with his SA. He was such a cranky pants! He was like, “Well it was embarrassing have to hand your cup to some random girl in public!!” I was so mad at him lol. I’m like, I’ve had my parts violated not once but twice so far AT my place of employment and we are only in the second cycle of testing!! Lol. What he is going to do if we have to do IUI or IVF?!?!?! I was so mad. =)

Post # 50
5592 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@kimbo89:  My CD3 test was for exactly what @ChuckNorris: said as well.  My husband also has the cup in hand to do his SA, but I keep having fertile signs (FF said I’m 7dpo, but I’m still getting obvious EWCM, so I’m wondering if I messed up my temps) and don’t want to abstain for the required 4 days quite yet.  My husband is really touchy about the SA as well.  He just seems to take it as a personal insult that someone would even INSINUATE that his sperm are less than spectacular, and is definitely a little embarrassed as well.  I’m not very sympathetic, and am pretty much… “which would you like to hear about first dear??  The internal ultrasound, the endometrial biopsy, the repeated pelvic exams, bloodwork… I CAN GO ON!”  Bur really, I just tell him how proud I am of him doing his part in solving our little problem, and he perks up and i think he’ll play along nicely.

Post # 51
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Ladies I need help please!!!!

I’m so confused about the ovulation sticks.  I’m using 1th response daily ovulation test  I did it last month as well.  So the line gets dark then it was dark for 3 days then got lighter. So when should we do it then? The first day it gets dark? The next day? how does this work?? I did the temperature thing but I suck at it. It seems like everyday is roughly the same maybe because my apt is so darn hot.  

I’m tired ofgoing on sticks..

also I want to mention something that’s been pissin me off  .. 

I hated being on birthcontrol pills because they made me sick and I hated condoms.  We also used to pull out. Now that we’ve been ttc for over a year I realized we could have been having carefree fun this whole time!!!! 

Post # 52
5592 posts
Bee Keeper

@ihateweddings:  a positive opk is supposed to be a heads up that you will ovulate in 12-24 hours so when you see them dark get busy. 

Post # 53
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

@SapphireSun:  Thank you 🙂  i have the nagging feeling that i keep missing the date

Post # 54
5592 posts
Bee Keeper

@ihateweddings:  I can never “time” ovulation very well either.  We’ve always been pretty solid 3/4 times a week people though, so I usually think we have it covered.

Post # 55
789 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@ihateweddings:  just wanted to send good luck your way. I haven’t ever used the Opks. I chart with ff. but the longer I’ve done this the more I realize that that isn’t always right either. *sigh* why must this be so difficult. 

Afm I’m 8dpo. I started progesterone cream last night. It probably will give me phantom pg symptoms. Although (and trying to not read in) I’ve had sore boobs for days and a little extra sensitivity. I feel bloated a lot and weird cramps here and there. It could be anything I know. I’m just trying to be cautiously optimistic. 

Post # 56
5592 posts
Bee Keeper

@Wispy:  FF has me as 8dpo too!!  And I’m totally symptom spotting/my body is playing mean tricks on me.  I have mean cramps today… and I never ever get cramps as a PMS symptom.  Always day 2-3 of actual AF only.  So, I’m trying to explain them away, as maybe I pulled… an ab??  from my run today?? 

Post # 57
1126 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Yellow.Clover:  aww, i’m so touched that you remembered my time difference 🙂 hope you had a lovely weekend – we did, went to stay at the in-laws and got completely looked after while we bludged around eating, reading and watching movies 🙂

View original reply
@kimbo89: ,
View original reply
@ChuckNorris:  &
View original reply
@SapphireSun:  i am NOT ok with any complaints from hubby about SAs… i mean, i get it, but surely our femininity is just as tied up to our fertility as their masculinity. Get over it guys, you got nuthin’!

View original reply
@ihateweddings:  when you say the OPK “got dark” – was it as dark or darker than the control? Mine tend to fade in and out a little in the week before Ovulation, so definitely keep testing if you think it might still be coming. i can’t remember – are your cycles regular? If so, how many days, and what are you on now?

View original reply
@Wispy:  &
View original reply
@SapphireSun:  totes 8DPO triplets!!! but i’m not pregnant, i’m sure of it. bad timing (only O -2), and Naturo said it won’t happen this month anyway, my uterus isn’t ovum-friendly. Enjoying dismissing my ‘symptoms’ of shooting pain in nipples and minor cramping yesterday, tiny bit of nausea today, and even looking forward to seeing if AF is more ‘normal’ after my month of treatment…

Fingers SOO crossed for you two!!

Post # 59
789 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@Yellow.Clover:  that sounds like a lovely weekend! And if your mom bought it then its not bad luck, maybe it’s her “intuition”!! 

View original reply
@SapphireSun:  oh yay cycle twin!!!! Ok since we aren’t symptom spotting (lol) here is what I have pretended not to notice. My boons have been sore othose side (at first) since like 3dpo. I normally have soreness but not much and usually closer to af. The soreness is noticeable on the under side of my boobs for a few days now too. And my right nipple is more sensitive and that never happens. And a couple days ago I had that achy feeling of menstural cramps in my lower abs for a few min. I’ve been really bloated feeling and a few days ago I had crazy gas for a few days. Now my logical brain tells me this could be anything.  But boy this would be great if it means a bfp. Lol

View original reply
@hamikay:  come on lady stay positive.  You never know you sapphire and I are cycle triplets! We can do this!

i love this thread for so many reasons. But where else in real life can I ever talk to my friends about my sore boobs and nipples!!! Lol!!! Love you ladies!

Post # 60
5592 posts
Bee Keeper

@Wispy:  I’m NOT noticing/explaining away cramping that’s STILL there today… barely making it through dinner without needing a nap despite the fact that I slept in until 10am yesterday (Turkey tryptophan?), bloating (too much dinner?  Even though I don’t like Turkey dinner so only had a bit of turkey, veggies and a bun), and tenderness in my left boob (did I walk into something and forget, or I’m just poking them too much to check if they’re sore).  But really, I’d be blown away if this was actually the month still with the concurrent spotting/supposed ovulation and bad BD timing.

View original reply
@hamikay:  Yay triplets!  I still have fingers crossed for you.  But, if this isn’t the month for any of us, if you guys have regular cycles, I would HAPPILY remain cycle triplets, because if this isn’t it, I just don’t want another marathon cycle.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC Thread – Pt. 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors