(Closed) 1 Year + TTC Thread

posted 9 years ago in TTC
Post # 17
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

View original reply
@Mrs. Jaguar:  always happy to see you post!! How are you feeling?

I posted on 6mth+ page but I’ll repeat here.  I went for the saline u/s and follicle scan.  After my many questions they decided against the saline u/s today b/c I have a great looking follicle and will O most likely within the next 24hrs! So the DR didn’t want to do anything that could possibly disrupt what was happening.  I’m so glad I asked questions and made sure they did a follicle scan before anything else.  If I don’t get a bfp this mth they will fit me in for the saline u/s right away in my next cycle.  Fingers are crossed!!! Come on O and good bd timing!!

Post # 18
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I want to join in! I was a long time lurker on the 6 months thread and would love to have some company at this point in the process. 

Cycle Day: 11, just triggered this morning 

Months/Cycles TTC: 15 months/ 18 or 19 cycles…I’m trying not to count anymore!

Any diagnoses? Plans moving forward? We fall into the “unexplained” infertility category. I am in the process of my third Clomid + IUI cycle and will be discussing next steps with my doctor if this cycle is unsuccessful.

Biggest Motivator in the TTC process: My husband. He is so excited for us to be parents. It simultaneously melts and breaks my heart.

Something we might not know about you: Well, I’m new around here so there’s probably a lot that you don’t know! The basics…my day job is being a school psychologist and my French bulldog puppy takes up a lot of my down time. He is the sweetest little dog ever. 

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies!

Post # 19
1053 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Thanks

View original reply
@redsmarties: for starting this thread πŸ™‚ 

Cycle Day: 5 DPO

Months/Cycles TTC: 13 months/14 cycles

Any diagnoses? Plans moving forward? Endometriosis for me and low morphology for him.  This is our first full cycle using the Creighton charting method and Napro. 

Biggest Motivator in the TTC process: The main ones would probably be getting to have a baby with my husband.  He will be a great dad and his babies will be adorable πŸ™‚  Just knowing how much we love each other and how much fun we have, I want to multiply it. 

Something we might not know about you:  I could eat Mexican food every day.  No lie. πŸ™‚  And, given the chance, I’d go to Disneyland/ World at least twice a year if I could! 

View original reply
@elchalten:   I’m with you – I’d love to follow your blogs!  PM me too πŸ™‚ 

Post # 20
1053 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@elchalten:  Awesome – what a fun job that would be!  How great would it be if we could all get together for a daily ‘1 year+’ TTC yoga class – Amazing!!! πŸ™‚ 

View original reply
@Sunshine1810:  I’m with you girl!  I want to lose some weight too – I’m terrified of the holidays coming up already!

Post # 21
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2010

I’m rooting for all of you, as always!!!! I hope all of you become pregnant and SOON!!

View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  Let me know if you have any IVF questions. (Underwent IVF in January and it worked for me!) Good luck!!! I know what a crazy process it is – please let me know if you have any questions.

Post # 23
1175 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I ♥ this thread!  I’m looking forward to hearing more from some of the ladies I don’t know so well.

View original reply
@Jenn23:   @Mrs. Jaguar: You guys are the sweetest for popping in!  It’s always so nice to hear the encouragement from the long time TTCers who made it to the other side!

View original reply
@thesaurus rex:  I’m sorry to hear about your miscarriage…Yay for a natural O!

View original reply
@SapphireSun:  Hee hee, I bet you would have made a cute Cinderella! πŸ˜‰

View original reply
@pretzel:  NFL recruiter? Sweet!

View original reply
@bunny:  You are a magazine editor AND a wedding photographer??!! Wow, you’re making the rest of us look bad. πŸ˜€  I’m interested in photography and have a Canon DSLR but I really don’t know how to use it properly.  Do you have a website?  I would love to check out some of your work!

I would love nothing more than to be pregnant at the same time as a bunch of you.  The transition from infertile to pregnant is a scary one (joyful but kind of scary for us considering our journey), and I think we’re all coming from a place where we are going to have a totally different outlook and appreciation for being pg than someone who only took a month or two to conceive.

Post # 24
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

View original reply
@Jenn23: Thank you so much! It’s good to know some people who have been there and come out on the other side. You and 
View original reply
@Mrs. Jaguar are my happy thoughts as we get close to this cycle.

I do always wonder about folks’ reactions to all the injectibles though. We did a stimulated IUI last cycle and I learned that most of these meds seem to mess with me kind of hard core in the side effects department. Just one of those things, you know?

Post # 25
5496 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  I had side effects with the Lupron injections. It made me very weepy, similar to the reaction I had when I took Clomid. Crying for no reason, etc. It doesn’t last long, though. Maybe a week or so? But other ladies I know didn’t have any side effects at all! Hopefully you won’t. It’s all worth it, though. πŸ™‚ Good luck! Do you know which meds you will take?

View original reply
@redsmarties:  &
View original reply
@MrsFarmer:  No problem. I’m here if you need support any time. I still remember all the heartache and struggles I went through like it was yesterday during my infertility battles. All the pregnancy tests, surgeries I had to have, bad news after bad news from my fertility doctor and then being told I needed IVF. I’ll never, ever forget how hard it was. Never. Truly the worst few years of my life. And my husband’s, too. My heart aches for all of you and I hope you all get fantastic BFP’s soon!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 26
1998 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

View original reply
@MrsFarmer:  haha … It sounds more glamorous than it is! My magazines are just tiny little local publications, and my wedding photography business is just a side thing — I shot 5 weddings the first year, 12 the second year and I think I’m doing 8 this year. It’s just fun! πŸ™‚

Post # 27
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

View original reply
@Jenn23:  I’m on Gonal-F and Menopur to stim, Ganirelix to suppress, and then Estrace and progesterone after retreival to help me hold onto it. Oh, and straight up HCG to trigger.

My concern is that I did an IUI with Gonal-F to stim and progrsterone afterwards. Because the gonal-f drove up my estrogen, I couldn’t sleep and had wicked nightmares when I did for the duration I was on it. Then when I went on the progesterone, I had wicked “morning sickness” and heart burn. It was really hard on me, especially for something that had almost 0 chance of working for us. (Our chances were so much lower than normal due to the severity of our male factor issues.) I’m not looking forward to the effects the higher dosages and extra meds will bring.

Post # 28
5496 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  Well, I had much better success on Ganirelex than Lupron as far as side effects goes! My first cycle was cancelled due to high progesterone (very rare, but it happened and my RE thought the lupron was the problem). I only had the bad side effects while using the Lupron. The next time I did Bravelle and Ganirelex (never added the Menopur, because he thought the Bravelle was enough, and it was!) and I didn’t have the bad crying spells like with the Lupron. So hopefully, it won’t be too bad for you. I was on the maximum amount of Bravelle (6 vials per day) that you can take and luckily it didn’t affect me in a negative way. I’m sorry you had that with the Gonal-F. Maybe this time it won’t be so bad! I can say that the progesterone injections (I had to take them until end of 1st trimester so for many months) did give me some negative side effects (very tired, but then again you are tired while pregnant) some mood swings, crazy discharge, but really, it was all worth it. Try not to worry about the meds and the side effects. I know easier said than done. But really, you’ll get through it! I wish you all the best!!!

Post # 29
1508 posts
Bumble bee

Wishing all of you the best. It took us 18 month and then IUI with injectible Gonal-F and Clomid. I thought my plain Clomid cycle with oral progrestrone was far worse than the higher dose Clomid with Gonal-f and Progrestrone and estrace suppositiories. I did feel emotional and bloated. I also felt really strange the night of my Gonal-F shot. It might have been due more to shot worry than the actual med. My trigger shot of Ovidrel went much easier.  Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Post # 31
1175 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@kayakgirl73:  Thanks for popping in. I hope pregnancy is treating you well! πŸ™‚

I love that it’s the long weekend!  And I have next week off so I need to get a bunch of stuff done here at work. Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! Can’t wait to be outta here today!! πŸ˜€

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC Thread’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors