• Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@LEwife543:  
View original reply
@hamikay:  
View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  
View original reply
@SapphireSun:  You ladies with the long and/or irregular cycles must be saints!  I canNOT complain when I think about how great you guys are at dealing with that kind of crazy.

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  ((Hugs))  I’m sorry.  I’m glad you can put September behind you.  I can’t give you any great advice because I’m awful at dealing with them myself.  I am striving more to be happy for other people, because their happiness doesn’t mean that we are any less entitled to a baby/happiness.

I’m actually dreading October because this is the month that lady at church (who kept asking me if I was pg in January because she had just found out she was) is having baby #3. I just want one…….and it’s hard to believe she’s due already.  Can you guys tell I was scarred by that experience?  It seems like I can’t let go of that awful day/conversation and I keep bringing it up!

Post # 469
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

Hey Ladies,

I just wanted to offer a little encouraging story for those with PCOS and long cycles. I’ve just been in touch with my sister’s friend who was given a 1% chance of every conceiving. After years of fertility drugs/injections and no results she started drinking a tea that is a combination of red rooibos and black cumin seeds. She started to pee like crazy and dropping weight with it. Then her period started coming regularly a few months later she was pregnant!. It may be a coincidence but she recently started to drink the tea again and was not trying to conceive yet a month later she is pregnant again!

Anyways because I am into almost every voodoo/hocus pocus thing out there at this point. I started drinking the tea, I don’t have PCOS and my periods are pretty regular but thought it couldn’t hurt. Supposedly it is the black cumin seed oil that is super healthy for you (you can get it as just an oil as well) I know that several of you are tea drinkers and I remember  

View original reply
@MrsFarmer: being disappointed that many of her teas may have been hindering the TTC process so I thought i’d share this with you

Post # 470
1175 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@lonsk:  Thanks for sharing!  I love my teas and have been pretty bummed to give most of them up.  I’m ordering the FertilAid tea tonight so I’m looking forward to having something TTC friendly to drink again. I might have to look this kind up too! πŸ™‚  It sounds amazing! (Wow to what it did for your sister’s friend!)

Post # 471
1053 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

View original reply
@lonsk:  Very interestting!!! 

View original reply
@elchalten:  I’m so sorry.  I know that you had your hopes up super high for this month – rightfully so!  Enjoy some time with your hubby (and that bottle of wine!) and just pamper yourself.  I know for us, it always takes some time to process it the news and then process what our options are for next steps.  Hang in there.  I’ll be praying for you and sending you cheer up thoughts πŸ™‚ 

View original reply
@Wispy:  Exciting!!! Baby dust to you! πŸ™‚ 

View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  What great news!!!  FX for you!

AFM, we had a GREAT trip this weekend!  It was super fast but really fun and just what we needed.  This is going to be a fun month for us so I’m really excited.  We’re going on our anniversary trip to CO next week and then we’re having a Halloween party so I think it will go by fast!  I actually have no idea what CD I am.  I know that AF should be here at the end of this week.  I’m pretty much ignoring all things TTC/AF related.  There are so many other fun things to focus on πŸ™‚ 

Post # 472
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

View original reply
@ecomaha:  wow! You are on a whirlwind of fun stuff! Enjoy every minute of it.  I know so often during the ttc process we almost put our lives on hold.  But it is so important to enjoy each moment. No regrets!

View original reply
@lonskwow that is amazing! 

View original reply
@MrsFarmer:  that sounds like an amazing trip. I hope all the paperwork comes in for you!

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  oh that is so difficult ni had 2 announcements but they were more friends of friends. But it does still leave a sting. 

As mrsfarmer said. You ladies with the long cycles my heart goes out to you. im frustrated with my cycle but I have no idea what you ladies go through. I you are strong women!

Post # 473
1272 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  i don’t know much about clomid, but it seems completely strange that you haven’t O’ed this cycle. I just finally O’ed on CD32 and it felt like it was never going to happen, so hopefully you do too very very soon!

and, oh, ugh – 3 announcments in a row??!!! that’s just the universe being very unfair!

View original reply
@MrsFarmer:  ugh, sorry that you’re dealing with CD1 cramps πŸ™ your plans for this cycle sound good – and your plans for your Europe trip sound AMAZING!!! so nice to have something to look forward to that will be a *tiny* bit more enjoyable if you’re not pregnant than if you are (of course, it goes without saying that we’d give that up in a heartbeat to be pregnant).

i totally understand not being able to get over certain comments – i’m still hanging onto that friend who went on about it being easy to get pregnant and people shouldn’t stress – especially now that she’s dealing with a baby that won’t sleep and is upset at all the people who are telling her not to stress about it… the petty part of me just wants to point out the similarity…

View original reply
@lonsk:  wow, that is an amazing story!!! i’ll have to look into this oil (although the tea kinda sounds disgusting… but probably no worse than the stuff my naturopath has me drinking 3 times a day!!)

View original reply
@ecomaha:  sounds like you are having lots of fun!!! good on you for taking the focus off TTC πŸ™‚

Post # 474
3501 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

View original reply
@MrsFarmer:  totally with you on dreading october. first month of bcp and hoping for a period so i can get this hsg test behind me once and for all. 

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  ditto on everyone else around getting pregnant. a friend tweeted “want long hair? its easy, just get pregnant!” <– um. no. not easy. that same friend has a baby whos 6 months old and shes tweeting about having baby fever since they got married last weekend. another friend has been TTC for two months, and got her bfp! through those two months i heard text after text day after day of complaints about how drained she is and how hard it is to see a bfn and though i feel for her – seeing bfn for a whole 17 months is a whole new exhausting story! le sigh. hang in there darling!

View original reply
@lonsk:  i need to find that tea! i bet it tastes awful tho. for me. because im the pickiest person in the world when it comes to hot drinks. who am i kidding. when it comes to almost anything im irritably picky. πŸ™ congrats to your friend and yay for pcos hope!

AFM, fresh from the honeymoon. got really sick on our day of traveling home. bcp+metformin + recycled plane air + burger king airport food had me ALL WRONG. happy to be home with the puppies now though! AF should be arriving this week… but then again she never arrives when planned. and oct 15th i have a scheduled class to learn the letrozole+injections… wondering what could happen for that to be cancelled because it seems one unfortunate event happens after another. waiting for AF so i can schedule that hsg test and get it over with! and get those tubes OPEN!

Post # 475
824 posts
Busy bee

I just wanted to send out a HUGE welcome to the new ladies of 1 yr+!!! I was MIA for a bit and I know we have some new ladies! Hopefully we all move on to the 1yr and finally a sticky baby thread! Soon very soon!

Post # 476
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@hamikay:  Honestly, I am not much of a tea drinker, but after 6 months of the Chinese herbs I was taking, this tea was a walk in the park!

If any of you choose to try the tea, it was recommended to me that you boil the loose leaf tea in a pot with the lid on it in order for the seed to open up and the oils to come out.

View original reply
@MrsFarmer:  Good luck with the FertilAid tea, I thought about trying it as well.

View original reply
@wifegoodman:  Sorry you got sick after the honeymoon πŸ™ Good luck with the injections class!

Post # 477
824 posts
Busy bee

Ladies. I’m officially 3dpo! FF had initially said I Od earlier which I knew wasn’t correct. Anyways here we go TWW!

Post # 478
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

View original reply
@Wispy:  Awesome! πŸ™‚

Ladies, I feel like a slacker. I’m reading every post, but I’m still kind of bed ridden, so I’m not doing well with responding. I promise, I’m keeping up with asll of you though!

As for me, I think I’m sick, which is complicating the ER recuperation. I can’t tell what problem belongs to what now. I talked to the clinic this morning and got cleared to go to the doctor to start sorting this out. I’d just like to feel somewhat normal again. And, you know, to sleep.

As for my 12 little embryos, they’re all still growing and we are scheduled for a 5 day transfer on Thursday. I should be getting my exact times and instructions this evening.

Post # 479
3059 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@MrsFarmer: Thank you. It is hard. Normally I don’t have to face the pg announcements, and when I do, I normally take them very well. I guess Sept was just a bad month for me all around starting it off with my Dad.

I don’t blame you for dreading Oct. I think I’d be a little traumatized over that incident as well. Please let us know how it goes.

View original reply
@lonsk:  Wow, what a great story! Thank you for sharing.

View original reply
@ecomaha:  Glad you had a great time! October sounds like a great month for you. I love October; I think it’s my favorite month. : )

View original reply
@hamikay:  I know, so unfair. But thank you. I really hope I O soon as well. I’m glad that you did, and good luck! : )  I really don’t feel it coming though. I’m afraid I might have a cyst that’s keeping it from happening because I’m still getting those sharp pains.

View original reply
@wifegoodman:  OMG, really? What a comment…I swear she sounds just like my friend who just had her 2nd last month when her oldest is only 14 months!! Sometimes I just wish the whole world knew what we were all going through and maybe they’d be a little more sensitive?

View original reply
@Wispy:  Yay for TWW. Hope it flies by and you get your bfp! : )

Post # 480
3059 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  Hope you feel better soon lady! You’ve got some embabys waiting for a home! : )

Post # 482
3059 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@redsmarties:  Aww, lady, I’m so sorry : (  I really had high hopes for you. But you’re right! Yay for the shorter cycle, early O, and 14 day LP! Progress! Hope this month slows down for you and you get a bunch of sexy-time.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC Thread’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors