(Closed) 1 Year + TTC Thread

posted 8 years ago in TTC
Post # 484
3059 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@redsmarties:  I’m hanging in there. Just ready to talk to my doctor and figure out where we need to go with the no O situation and get the talk in about getting a lap done. We met with a realtor last night and really liked her! Only problem is she wants us to get an appraisal done before she will list it. So now I’ve got to get that done. FX it comes back at a good number or else we may not be selling.

Post # 485
1998 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Update: Back from my trip, BFF’s wedding was awesome, ex boyfriend’s wife is 9 months along and ready to pop (that was a fun surprise), and I’m not pregnant — 13DPO, period due today, with a temp drop to coverline at 12DPO and BFNs last night and this morning.

That sounds like I should be upset, but I’m really doing fine. We are processing and trying to decide how to proceed next cycle.

Post # 486
3501 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

View original reply
@redsmarties:  honeymoon was lovely! much needed. DH and i are huge cruise fanatics so we knew that’d be a safe route but now i want to travel again, id really like to go back to st.maarten!

im surely wondering how this injection class will go. hoping something wont get messed up along the way where they tell me we cant start them yet. if i can give them to myself, ill be real surprised and happy!

Post # 487
3059 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@bunny:  Oh dear, I’m so so sorry.  Glad your staying optimistic. And wow, I bet that was a fun surprise. Glad to hear the wedding was awesome.

Post # 488
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@redsmarties:  It is a blend. I believe the lady I bought from gets her supply from Australia (in case @hamikay you decide to try it Wink) If you decide to try it I am sure she ships if you can’t find it in Ontario, here is her FB http://www.facebook.com/thegreenteafrog if you are interested (she sells at a farmer’s market and through word of mouth) Since you already like rooibos it will be an easy add for you I think

Post # 489
750 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

View original reply
@bunny:  Sounds like a double-ouch but I’m glad you had fun at the wedding. The best part about TTC is another cycle is right around the corner.

AFM, I just got back from the RE to discuss my options. I have my official “unexplained infertility” diagnosis that I suspected all along. Now I need to talk to the financial counselor about IUI and IVF and how to get the most bang for my buck. The RE seems to be pushing for IVF because whatever is stopping us from getting pregnant now might also be around during IUI. He also predicts a 66-70% success rate per cycle with IVF so that sounds really promising. Now I’ve just got to convince my husband that the money is worth it once I find out the real cost. Theoretically, we could be retrieving eggs within eight weeks.

Diet be darned, I stopped for a coffee milkshake on the way back to the office. 

Post # 490
9050 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Posting from my phone so it’s so annoying to reply to the previous page, but I am reading along. 

View original reply
@bunny:  darn it. I’m sorry it wasnt successful.  hope you guys can figure out a next step that brings you positive results.  

View original reply
@wifegoodman:  glad you had a good time. I’m also impressed by the people that can inject themselves. Something about willfully inflicting pain of any sort on myself, I just can’t do.  I used to barely be able to put in my own eye drops just because the anticipation of that mild stinging but fingers crossed for you, my dear! 

View original reply
@BrianneG:  sorry about the official diagnosis, but your ivf odds sound good!  Hopefully you guys can figure out the money situation if thats the way you truly want to go. 

Afm – I’m going to have to figure out how to share charts because ff is making my head spin.  I had fairly heavy spotting for the last week which I input but its giving me cross hairs that put me 3 dpo today. Is it even possible to spot and ovulate at the same time??  So clearly we weren’t bd-in while it was partiularly heavy so here’s “low” probability that we timed it well. (4 days before O and 1 after).  So, I think I’m just going to choose to disregard and keep on eod. 

Also, I went shopping for a basal thermometer.  All of the ones at target specifically say for oral use only. Is there a special one for temping vaginally??

Post # 491
3501 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@bunny:  youre inspiring. <3

Post # 492
3501 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@SapphireSun:  ff makes my head spin as well sista

Post # 493
750 posts
Busy bee

After talking to the financial girl at the RE’s office I feel like I could buy a baby or buy a car. With genetic testing it’s $12.2K plus $3-6K for meds. Without genetic testing it’s $8,650 plus meds. IUI would run us closer to $2k total. 

And if we decide to proceed with IVF and end up with leftover embryos we can freeze them for $700, which makes trying again cheaper. And you get the first year of storage free, although I can’t imagine trying to use them within 12 months of getting knocked up the first time. 

Post # 494
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  So about the realtor, that sounds kinda crazy to me. I mean, it’s her job to understand the market and know what your house should be listed at. You shouldn’t have to pay for an appraisal because she doesn’t understand that market. I’m not trying to be all crazy, I’ve just never heard of that? 

View original reply
@BrianneG:  I’m also a little concerned about the success rate you’re being quoted for IVF. I have never ever seen a rate higher than 40%-50% in ideal conditions for women under 35. As a woman under 35 undergoing IVF under absolutely ideal conditions, I really have done the research. I’m curious as to why your RE feels yours is so much higher than that. How did he justify those numbers?

Post # 495
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

View original reply
@bunny:  good for you to be doing well! I don’t know if I would be so strong. 

View original reply
@BrianneG:  fingers Crossed for you. If we don’t get a bfp this time we will be facing the estate dilemma. The cost really is such a huge factor. It’s tough. but I’m sending you good thoughts!

View original reply
@SapphireSun:  I actually have read that’s some women have spotting during O. But that’s just from playing on google. At this stage of the game i have decided anything is possible. 

Post # 496
9050 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Didn’t see the part about your realtor until Lox commented.  But yeah, I agree.  My dad’s a realtor, and determining and appropriate price a property should be listed at is kinda a big part of what you’re paying them for!  Then if the buyers/their bank require an additional appraisal for financing purposes, that’s on them.

View original reply
@BrianneG:  Oh wow, those actual costs give me heart palpitations.  Does your insurance cover ANY of that?

View original reply
@Wispy:  Thanks, I’ve heard that too, but not to be totally gross… but this was more than I’d think the ovulation spotting I’ve heard of would be.

Post # 497
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@BrianneG:  Oh wow, I just gagged a little seeing the cost of IVF. I’m so sorry it is so ridiculously high especially when others get their babies for “free” without even trying.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC Thread’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors