(Closed) 1 Year + TTC Thread

posted 8 years ago in TTC
Post # 498
3501 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

View original reply
@BrianneG:  +1 from all women dreading the IVF costs. so sad and so ridiculous πŸ™

Post # 499
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

View original reply
@BrianneG:  that price seems about right  does your insurance cover any of it ?  my husband and I suffer from unexplained infetility so after 1 IUI I just wanted to see what is going on and did an IVF. cost us about 18 k that was IVF and FET . my insurance only covered some of the office visits so i paid out of pocket 18k  UGHH This month we’re using the free technique I call pink floyd  which is basically having lots of sex while listening to pink floyd. much cheaper and less stresfull lol.

During the IVF you will have a choice of doing micro injection  which costs couple thousand  dollars  we were against it but to be on the safe side allowed them to do it on 4 eggs  next IVF cycle I’m just gonna not do it .  

Post # 500
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

So guess who has to go buy the group baby gift for a co-worker that delivered on Sunday? Frown Yup, send the infertile co-worker to do it. I have a love/hate relationship for baby gift shopping, I love gift giving and tend to go completely overboard but seeing the baby items hurts my uterus…

Post # 501
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

View original reply
@BrianneG:  I agree with Lox – as a healthy, under 30 year old, the most we ever got quoted in terms of success rates, was 30-40%. And sometimes, that was WITHIN 3 cycles of trying. 

It’s scary how expensive it is.. that I know first hand! πŸ™

Post # 502
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

IVF cost= ouch! And I agree that it makes it even more painful when you realize others get their babies for free. 

Post # 503
3059 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@SapphireSun:  I have also heard of spotting during O. But not sure about a “heavy spotting.”

View original reply
@SapphireSun: 
View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  I thought the same, but I can see why she does it. It’s basically a tool to use if the buyer comes in 10K lower than asking, we can come back right away and say here’s the appraisal take it or leave it? Plus, as I told my husband, we can all sit here and say our house is worth 150k, wait around three months, get a prospective buyer, they get their bank appraisal and they come back at 120K and then were screwed. I guess it just saves us any future heart ache of being able to sell or not. We have an amount figured up that we can’t go any less than. I did meet with another realtor last night who is supposed to be emailing me her market value on the house. However, I really liked the first realtor better.

View original reply
@BrianneG:  IVF is rediculous isn’t it! And I agree with the babies for free comments, so sad. But, if you have the money for it right now, go with your heart. Only you and your husband can make the best decision.

View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  How are you feeling? Better I hope!

View original reply
@lonsk:  Oh, I so agree!! I love shopping but baby shower shopping just hurts.

View original reply
@Mrs. Jaguar: Hope your doing well! : )

AFM – Nothing’s changed. I decided to do an OPK this morning for the fun of it – of course negativo. But it wasn’t stark white. But, I guess that has to do with the PCOS. But, my phone appointment is at Noon today – so me and my “lovely” doctor will be talking provera and lap. 

Post # 504
1053 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

View original reply
@BrianneG:  So crazy!  I just can’t get over the cost of trying to get PG.  I wonder if someday all of these things will be covered.   At this point I’m just assuming everything we do will be out of pocket.  It definitely does help with the stress of TTC!  πŸ™ 

AFM, nothing much is really going on.  I had some cramps last night so I fully expect AF.  Actually, sooner rather than later would be great since we’re going on vacation next week/weekend.  The last thing I want is to have it ruined by a delayed AF!! πŸ™

Post # 505
750 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  I don’t really know any other numbers than what he said. 70% was for two embryo and genetic testing, so maybe that’s the difference? My husband is starting to waffle on IVF due to the price and the un-naturalness of it. I’m more gungho but I admitthe price is pretty scary. I think we’re going to try a cycle or two of IUI because we can cashflow that without any extra savings. And maybe try IVF in 2013 (if I can talk him into it) so that all the costs would be in one tax year. Half of it might end up being tax-deductible which would at least cushion the blow.

Does anyone actually get pregnant from IUI? It feels like it’s just a stepping stone to IVF.

Post # 506
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Personally, i still think it’s super shady and I’d look for another realtor until I find one I like that can actually do their job without incurring extra steps and costs. I totally get what you’re saying but as someone who’s been through the selling process, I’m just saying that all of that is part of the realtor’s job and shouldn’t incur additional costs and steps for you. However! I’m not there and it’s not my house. So I’ll shut up now. πŸ˜‰

I’m doing a little better. We finally figured out that about half of my misery was coming from a kickin’ upper respiratory infection that I happen to have at the same time as all of this. Lovely, right? IWe’re finally treating everything and I’m already starting to feel better.

Got the last update on my embryos before transfer tomorrow! Of my 12, 3 are abnormal and have given up, 4 are doing okay, and 5 are doing excellent. We’re hoping those 5 little champs keep going so we can transfer one and freeze the rest. Go little embies!

Post # 507
13561 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Hey ladies! So sorry to interrupt. Anyone willing to start a Part 2 of this thread so I can close this one down now that we’re past 500 posts? πŸ™‚

Post # 508
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

View original reply
@BrianneG:  Even with top quality embryos, the highest % I’ve ever gotten was possibly 55% under perfect conditions. And that doesn’t go up with the transfer of two… the only thing that goes up in that scenario is your chance of multiples. Genetic testing shouldn’t increase the odds of an excellent quality embryo implanting, it merely helps you decide which embryos to transfer or to prepare for the future. I’m not trying to be negative, I just don’t like the idea of a doctor giving any of us false hope or shady stats. 

I totally get the fear and hesitation over not just the price but the process itself. We struggled a lot with how far was too far and if this was okay with us. It’s not easy… if you ever need to talk to someone about that, I’m here. It wasn’t an easy choice for me.

As for IUIs, they have a roughly 20% success rate! Which is also roughly the same success rate as trying on your own. However IUIs can be useful depending on the set of difficulties you have. They are more useful for some conditions than others. I never did the research on IUIs with unexplained fertility so I’m not sure how that pans out, but I definitely know people who have IUI babies.

Post # 509
3059 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@Gemstone:  Wow, we sure are talkative! I’ll start pt. 2 now.. : )

Post # 510
13561 posts
Honey Beekeeper

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Haha, that’s okay! πŸ™‚ Thanks so much!

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC Thread’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors