1 year + TTC / TTC with Infertility — Part 30

posted 12 months ago in TTC
Post # 436
8888 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Had my appointment, they have decided to give Clomid one more try (upping to 200mg).  They mentioned that if it doesn’t work they would like me to try the other medication, letrizole? Probably spelling that wrong, they said some women do better on the other drug. But they are happy with how I’ve handled Clomid, they said I ovulate right on track and my progesterone has been looking great on the suppositories.  So I will see how this month goes!

Post # 437
503 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Lyndzo :  woohoo!!! FX for this cycle!

Post # 438
8888 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I had an appointment today on CD5.  It’s early but they can see 2 follicles growing, so I am crossing my fingers that they continue to grow.  I’m going back on Monday to talk to the doctor about our options going forward. 

We got a lot of paperwork about options. This month we will continue with Clomid/timed/progesterone and next month we will give IUI a go.  IUI is kind of pricey but something we’re willing to do.  IVF is just too expensive so I am hoping that we have success before then.

Post # 439
503 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Lyndzo :  yay!!!!!!! 

As expected AF is here. So moving on to April. Still not sure what happened. But maybe things will be more obvious this month. ((-:

Post # 440
8888 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

LEwife543 :  I’m sorry about AF 🙁

I met with the doctor yesterday to talk about our options, should this 200mg Clomid cycle not work out.  She confirmed my doubts about IUI, said it would not really benefit us at all.  DH’s tests were all exceptional, his SA was WAY above what they want so she said not to waste time or money on IUI.  She said that we can try 200mg Clomid one more time, or we can move onto the Gonal-F injections.  I am actually relieved that we still have another option.  I mistakenly thought we had either IUI or IVF (which we can’t afford).

Still trying to stay positive for this month.  I have an ultrasound tomorrow and Friday to see how many follicles have grown.

Post # 442
8888 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

BeverlyGeese :  The Gonal-F is quite a bit more than IUI, but our chances are higher with it.  The IUI will not increase our chances at all, since my eggs are the problem.

Luckily, we have $2500 lifetime coverage for fertility drugs, so the Gonal-F will eat through that quickly.  But we are prepared to try a couple of months, we can afford it.  It is the IVF ($10000) that we cannot afford.

Post # 444
8888 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

BeverlyGeese :  Yes we are doing a trigger shot each month with TI. She feels that while I’m responding to the Clomid, it’s not as well as she would like.  She wants to see 3-4 follicles growing and the most I’ve had is 2.  This is the first month on 200mg though so I will find out tomorrow if there’s more than 2.  She said if there’s 3-4 then it’s great and we could try another month of 200mg.

Right now she’s said we have a 15% chance of pregnancy, but if we do the Gonal-F our chance will increase to 30%.

On a funny note, when she mentioned the higher chance of multiples.. the look on my husband’s face was priceless! lol

Post # 445
8176 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

Lyndzo :  i did 2 clomid iuis and 1 injections iui. i personally didn’t see a difference between clomid and injections, acutally i had the best response to the first round of iui with clomid but they said my meds were too high.  i know the goal is one (or 2 max) main follicle. we had bigger issues than iui would have solved.  but iui is definatly worth pursing if there are no issues with the sperm. 

BeverlyGeese :  shady grove is my clinic!!!! do you use them too?

AFM – been doing IM estrogen shots every 3 days.  i have a lining check on friday and if all looks good, i start daily PIO shots.  not looking forward to the days when i have 2 IM shots.  my husband is still against helping me with shots.  i keep hearing the butt is less painful, but i have to do them in my thigh.

Post # 446
8888 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Had my appointment and some good news – I have 3 follicles!  This is the first time I’ve ever grown 3, so I’m happy about that.  I do my trigger tomorrow and then get to BD’ing.  I’m going to hope and pray that this works this month!

Post # 447
8888 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

ajillity81 :  My doctor explained that IUI would be a waste for us.  His sperm is excellent, so she feels that since we have good timing with BD at home it wouldn’t make a difference doing the IUI. My eggs are the only problem and she said that the injections will be stronger and tell the brain to produce more eggs.

Post # 448
3754 posts
Honey bee

ajillity81 :  shady grove is my clinic! I’m at a regular OB now, but I used Shady Grove for our two IVF cycles (one was a CP and the other one stuck!). They are amazing 🙂 and omg I can’t believe you do your IM shots in your thigh! I would have died! I am so thankful DH was okay with doing them. I would seriously tell you DH to buck up and do the injections! I mean seeing all you have to go through the least he can do is help you out! Can you bring him to your nurse so they can talk him through it? 

Post # 449
8176 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

hollyberry4 :  as i was doing my shot last night, DH said if i bought an orange. he would let me teach him how to do the shots.  so we will see.  i ice my thigh and DH holds the skin tight.  i watched a video some guy did that said it was a “painless” way for IM in the thigh.  when i went through the IUIs and IVFs to get DS, all my shots were subq so it didn’t bother me that DH didn’t do them. 

Post # 450
1583 posts
Bumble bee

BeverlyGeese :  

Hey ladies, since I am offically over the year mark I figured it was time to join your group 🙂

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 32/32

How long you have been together/married: Together 5, married for 1 year come July.

How long you have been TTC: 14 cycles

Known Issues/TTC History: DH has low sperm

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) Next few months the typical OPKS, Charting, prenatals… then in a few months we will switch over to IVF.

Just for fun: I love to read, and lately I have found reading to be a great “escape” from the difficult reality that is TTC with infertility. What are you currently reading? Share your favorite authors or “must read” stories! Beautiful Disaster Series, you won’t want to put the book down!!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors