9588 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

Roll Call

Your Age/ Partner’s age: 29/32

How long have you been together/ married: together 6 yrs, married 1.5

How long have you been TTC: one year on Feb 22

Known Issues/ TTC history: what I know for sure:

-my cycles are irregular. There are clearly three types of cycles I may have. One where I ovulate around CD 17-20.. one where I ovulate CD 26-35.. or one where I don’t ovulate at all. I suspect it may be a mild form of PCOS?

Also: after around 8 months of trying I did get pregnant but it was a CP…AF arrived 18DPO. Since then my cycles have been particularly strange.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: I started myo-inositol last night. Had the craziest night sweats ever hah. I’ll keep taking them, just experiment with time of day.

I have an OB apt.on the 16th and an RE apt.on the 23rd. I’m considering canceling with the OB but maybe it’s worth going to get testing started? Dunno. (The tests would be done at the same lab either way, so the RE won’t make me redo them..and seeing my OB is 100% covered)

Oh and Im gonna be in Hawaii most of this tww. Maybe the relaxation will help with implantation!

Just for fun: Where is a place you’d like to visit soon? Hawaii, obviously 😉

On my wish list: Korea!

Post # 33
1994 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

i cant officially officially join this thread quite yet, but i go in for my first baseline/transvaginal ultrasound tomorrow. 

Im freaking out for a number of reasons,

A. this is the first time i will have a male doctor (not that i truly care, but my husband is blissfully unaware, and im curious to see how he will react.)

B. with it being a baseline ultrasound, obviously this is happening on day 3 of AF, this is what is freaking me out the most. I am one that always has a heavy flow, and the thought of the procedure during this not so lovely time is making me even more nervous then ever. 

Anyone bee’s been through this…?

Post # 35
1981 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK

I’ve had 3. One on the last day of AF but they quickly wiped the wand off. I’m sure it doesn’t phase them whatsoever. 

The weirdest one was when I was just ovulating and the male technician said “mmm your uterus is looking beautiful right now, get down to business with your husband asap.” Errr….thanks.

Post # 36
9588 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Kslim13 :  i had a transvaginal US on CD4, but by then I was mostly just spotting (my flow is super heavy CD1 and 2, but often is medium or light by CD3/4.. this happened to be a lucky cycle).  Sorry I wish I had more to say.  I do remember the tech told me that she’s seen it all when I apologized for the little bit of spotting, saying some people come in with super heavy bleeds.. so you won’t be the first.

Post # 37
3291 posts
Sugar bee

EllyAnne :  Omg that creepy ass comment would have made me want to jump off the table!! Ewww!

Post # 38
14940 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Kslim13 :  I went from a female RE to a  male RE, but by that time, I’d lost all sense of modesty.  I figure they’ve seen it all and then some and just didn’t care.  I even joked after our first FET afterwards to my husband and said to him “so how’d it feel to see another dude up in my business trying to get me knocked up?”.  Same thing goes for the blood, I’m sure they’ve seen it all and it should remain very professional.

EllyAnne :  Now THAT is unprofessional and WEIRD.  Was there a female nurse in the room too??  I had a male ultrasound tech and I felt like he was EXTRA careful not to offend or seem at all creepy.  And when he got to actually doing the ultrasound part after setting up, he informed me that as a male, he had to have a female nurse present and went to get one.

Post # 39
9588 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

YAY! my GP ordered all my blood tests for this Friday!  I’ll be getting Day 3 FSH level, Day 3 Estradiol level, Progesterone level, Testosterone level, Fasting blood glucose, and Antimullerian hormone level.

I’m going to just cancel my OB appt. and go straight ot the RE in Feb… I really am not sure the point of going to the OB.

Post # 40
1994 posts
Buzzing bee

amanda1988 :  yay, according to paperwork i was given it looks like they are doing the same kind of bloodwork the same day as the ultrasound. Im due to go back to the OB as well but will probably put it off for another month or two.

Post # 41
9588 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Kslim13 :  do you think you’ll see the OB once the RE has taken over?

Post # 42
1994 posts
Buzzing bee

amanda1988 :  i dont know. Havent decided yet, i still thinks its good practice to get a yearly pap smear and hiv/std testing (yes, im married, but i dont ever think its a bad thing to get yourself tested regardless of the situation) i usually only go twice a year anyways, maybe ill drop it down to one visit this year. 

Post # 43
9588 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Kslim13 :  oh gotcha. Pap smears are every 3 years for me heh. But I did actually get mine only a month ago!

Post # 44
464 posts
Helper bee

I had heavy spotting during my transvaginal ultrasound, its really not a problem, they are totally used to it. My clinic puts a condom on.the wand, and just dispose of that…is that not the norm?!

Post # 45
1981 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK

pinkshoes :  Yes there has to be a female nurse present by law I believe, she was on the other side of the curtain. I don’t embarass easily but it’s quite a vulnerable position to be in. Couldn’t exactly hop off the wand lol.

MrsG2BIre :  Yes, that’s been the same with the three I had. I think I’d feel the same if I was bleeding heavily but like you say, they’re completely used to it.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors