1 year + TTC / TTC with Infertility

posted 9 months ago in TTC
Post # 571
595 posts
Busy bee

Thanks! This morning, 14 hours after my injection, I definitely had the darkest, 2X positive Opk. I didn’t know the injection worked that quickly (meaning, that it built up into high blood levels that quickly after subQ injection

Post # 572
3132 posts
Sugar bee

Kslim13 :  Good luck with your ultrasound 😊

I haven’t POAS (HPT) since the end of March and probably won’t until mid June. It feels like it has been forever! I’m done with the monthly POAS boards too. Seeing people get BFPs so quick just really hurts nowadays.

I’m CD9 right now and hoping I O on the earlier side. We decided to book a last minute trip to visit our family and friends in our home city at the end of next week. I can’t wait and we both need a break, but I’m also worried my mum is gonna start on me again with her “just do IVF” spiel, when I’ve told her I’m not mentally in a place where I want to do it right now (D.H wants to hold off on it too).

I wish we could just leave and go on an extended holiday so we don’t have to deal with the baby questions and having people telling us to “JUST do IVF” 😑

I got D.H some different vitamins last week. We were in the chemist and I said “Basically, if you take these, it COULD save us $8000+”. So he’s been taking them this time πŸ˜‚ why do they make those vitamins so huge!? Haha

I also started myo-inositol, so we’ll see if that helps shorten my cycles. Has anyone here had any luck with it or tried it?

Post # 573
3132 posts
Sugar bee

Dr_dazzle :  What are your TTC plans after this natural cycle? If you don’t get a BFP are you going to try IUI again? Or move onto IVF?

I really hope the lap did the trick and you get your BFP!!

For those of you with thyroid issues, how often do you get bloods done to check your thyroid? I’m wondering if I should have a draw since it has been 6+ weeks since they increased my dose. 

I’ve also noticed I’m losing sooo much hair ever since I started on Thyroxine, it is insane πŸ˜‘

Post # 574
1506 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Kslim13 :  Good luck with the ultrasound!

AFM I’m 9DPO and my normal endo cramping started yesterday which is maddening! I thought the lap might have helped. This was our first cycle trying post lap. Had the lap just before I ovulated last cycle and no way I could have BD during that FW. Was really happy before last AF as I barely had any cramps. So basically my prostaglandin and or cytokine levels are high causing the cramps and this makes it difficult for implantation. Trying to work out how to move forward. Kind of wish when I’d had all the transvaginal ultrasounds I’d asked about the antral follicle count. May pay to have this done privately as well as an AMH blood test.

Post # 575
1506 posts
Bumble bee

RaccoonKitty :  Yes, a test 6 weeks after any dose increase. 

Post # 576
1044 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

RaccoonKitty :  my endocrinologist has me come back for re-testing 4 weeks after any dosage increase. She would also have me come for testing every 4 weeks if / when I get pregnant.

The hair loss is kind of odd! I know hair loss can me a sign of thyroid issues, maybe it’s just your body adjusting to the meds?

also, srsly, “just do IVF”? What the everliving fudge? Yeah sure, it’s just like popping another pill, no worries 😑

Post # 577
3132 posts
Sugar bee

EllyAnne :  Ugh, sorry about the cramping, that must suck πŸ™ Is the Antral Follicle Count ultrasound the same as what they would do when looking at the ovaries for PCOS?

I guess it looks like I’m going to get a blood draw done next week then. Hopefully my TSH is around 2.2 or whatever the RE wants it at by then.

sleepymelis :  I feel like I have always lost hair at a high rate but it has at least doubled since going on Thyroxine, I can’t think of anything else I started around that time that would cause it!?

Yeah, that’s my mum with the “just do IVF” line, I really try my best not to snap at her as she is going through some stuff at the moment, and I know she says it because she feels like me giving her a grandkid will fill a void within her. But… It’s not my job to do that. I’m just getting really tired of people projecting their baggage onto me when I have enough of my own stuff going on.

Post # 578
1506 posts
Bumble bee

RaccoonKitty :  I only know it’s part of the ovarian reserve testing. Would be good to know how many eggs we’re working with. I’m 33 and I know women can have a diminished reserve at a younger age but it’s becoming a concern of mine. If we go down the IVF route I believe they will look at this first anyway.

About the hair loss, my best friend has Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and takes Levothyroxine like I do and her hair has really thinned out. She’s upset about it but her doctor doesn’t seem to want to try her on another med plus she feels well again when she had been suffering for a long time so it’s worth it to her.

Post # 579
3132 posts
Sugar bee

EllyAnne :  Ahhhhh, ok! Our RE did my AMH right off the bat  but didn’t mention an AFC test. I am thinking it’s probably something he’ll want to do prior to and during an IVF cycle as well 🀷‍♀️

If my hair thins out really bad I will just keep taking Thyroxine… I want a baby more than I want thick hair lol.

Post # 580
2037 posts
Buzzing bee

RaccoonKitty :  if your hair really starts to bug you, I would 100% recommend halo extensions. I know this wasn’t the point of your comment haha, but I love mine. My friend with naturally really thin hair just got one, too and she loves it. 

Post # 581
595 posts
Busy bee

FOr the ladies doing IUI: I had my first today, 16 hours after trigger shot, and was worried about the timing even though it was fresh sperm (which lives longer). I found a research article that concluded pregnancy rates are the same for those whose IUI was 12 Vs 36 hours post trigger:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.researchgate.net/publication/273615481_A_single_pre-ovulatory_IUI_at_12_hours_after_hCG_trigger_is_comparable_to_a_traditional_IUI_at_36_hours/amp

Post # 583
477 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

EllyAnne :  something you can do to get an idea of ovarian reserve is a home FSH test- it’s no substitute for the AMH test which is the best but it’s a quick way to maybe help put your mind at ease, it looks like an OPK and needs to be done on CD3.

Post # 584
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Apparently my husbands instincts were right, and the RE consult was “unnecessary” – I got my BFP yesterday. I am cautiously excited as I know I could lose it, but will enjoy being pregnant for now. The good thing is since I was technically under the care of the RE, they will monitor my pregnancy till 8 weeks. I’ll go for blood work and U/S tomorrow morning! 

Post # 585
1506 posts
Bumble bee

missmandy7 :  Congratulations! Yes definitely enjoy it πŸ™‚ Great that you’ll be monitored until 8 weeks. Lovely to hear a success story x

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors