1 year + TTC / TTC with Infertility

posted 10 months ago in TTC
Post # 946
429 posts
Helper bee

So my cycle did get cancelled due to the lead follicle issue. There were 6 follicles there the day after only seeing 3 so i was at least pleased to know there is the potential to get a few more. But I was told on a cycle straight into stims with no bcp etc a lead follicle can be an issue…

So now i wait for my period to start and i go straight on bcp and i overlap that early jan for 5 days with the bureslin injections to try ensure down regulation  (which was why my 1st cycle was cancelled – failure to down regulate ) and then stims and hopefully egg transfer mid January all going to plan. So not too much waiting around…

I did trigger last night and had timed intercourse so im praying for a miracle…that my right tube will swing over and catch the egg from my left ovary! I have read of lots of people on ectopic boards who have had this happen so you never know!!

Post # 947
482 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

MrsG2BIre :  so sorry it was cancelled, glad you won’t be waiting too long. 

Keep hoping to see some good news on here. AF has arrived for me and my friend sent the ultrasound pic announcing her 2nd baby today. I held it together, just. 

Post # 948
482 posts
Helper bee

RaccoonKitty :  hope they’ll overcome that issue for you, let us know what he says. thanks for asking, I’m ok, just waiting on my lap appointment, could be any time in next 2 months (hoping not right before or right after Christmas). 

Post # 949
1570 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Hope everyone is doing ok.

We made the decision to delay our first round of IVF which was meant to be next month. D.H has a promotion and would be out of the country for 3 weeks after the transfer then home for a week and away for another 3 weeks. This is NHS and the clinic weren’t very understanding because I don’t NEED D.H there by that point. It’s a personal preference that I’d want him there to find out if it’s sucessful and if it is for him not to be away for that long early in the pregnancy. They are letting me know later today if I have to be referred back to my GP who will start the process of referral again. It’s a very flawed system. Ideally we would want to start end of March/ April instead but with being referred back to the GP it could be a couple of months later. Since first going to see a doctor about fertility I have been very much made to feel it’s all down to me. My D.H actually rang the clinic but they won’t speak to him about anything other than his SA results because it’s my name on the referral list. It’s really frustrating. AF arrived today so I’m not in the mood for dealing with the staff there.

Post # 951
1570 posts
Bumble bee

Dr_dazzle :  Thanks bee. I’d already brought it up with them that we should both be able to discuss anything with the clinic. When we met with the consultant we’d already had D.H’s SA result but she asked him is it was ok to discuss it, yet we’d been talking about my results already. 

I’ve only told one friend that we are TTC and perusing IVF. I think everyone else thinks we are CFBC. The friend I’ve told thought we should go ahead with IVF next month as D.H not being there for the whole month and in a possible early pregnancy won’t change the result. I get where she is coming from as we’ve been TTC for a long time but aside from a week in June D H will be back in the UK from end of March and is really want him here. 

We are seeing friends this weekend who have a three year old, 9 month old and they’re are expecting again so it’s bittersweet. The 3 year old is the cutest though and he’s so excited about Christmas. I look forward to seeing them but D.H is ready to field the “your turn” comments. 

Post # 952
482 posts
Helper bee

@EllyAnne sorry to hear about your delayed IVF. That’s disapppointing but I think it’s a sensible decision.

I’m still waiting for a lap appointment, it was supposed to be within 3 months from mid October so hopefully not long now.

I get about the friends thing, im meant to be seeing my friend and her kid tomorrow, and my other friend who is pregnant with her second child the next day, and right now I don’t know how I’ll face it.

We’ll be at 2 years TTC at the end of this month and I’m not coping too well right now, I woke up in extreme distress the other day after an infertility related dream which stayed with me all day and I sometimes feel physical pain when I think about it. I was off sick last week because I caught a vomiting bug and someone suggested it could be morning sickness and I just so wish it was. I’m kind of miserable right now but at other times I’m positive and looking forward to Christmas, so it’s not all the time I feel like this, but it is more often. I think there’s something about Christmas that makes infertility sting more.

How is everyone else coping with the festive season so far?

Post # 953
1570 posts
Bumble bee

lucky_charm :  I was lucky with how quickly I had my laparoscopy performed. I live in East Sussex but fall under West Kent for operations and they are stretched to the limit so farm off operations to private hospitals. I had my lap in a nice private hospital not far from our home. I hope you get your date soon and if there is any issues they are easily dealt with.

My friend with a 2 year old isn’t well so Darling Husband and I are taking her son with us to a Christmas event with a Santa’s grotto on Sunday. Although my friend is always posting pics of the kid on Instagram and she wants me to get lots of pics I know I won’t post any on my social media as it just invited the ” your turn next” and “suits you” comments. I’m looking forward to it though. I’m obviously close to her son and I know how excited he’ll be. So it’s a weekend filled with seeing friends kids and a pregnant woman. FX I don’t get emotional.

No children in my close family at all so Christmas Day is an alcohol-fuelled affair. I actually really enjoy it. My sister is CFBC and my brother is gay with no desire to have children soon. Champagne start around 11am 🙂. I remember how we woke our parents at 5am when we were young and I can’t say I look forward to that if we are able to have a child!

Post # 954
482 posts
Helper bee

@EllyAnne sounds like a good Christmas! There’s no children in our family either but I don’t drink, I’ll enjoy eating loads of food and playing uno though haha.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors