(Closed) 1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility โ€“ Part 26

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum. I am 26 and my husband is 30yrs old. We have been  ttc for about 1 year now. We recently went to  a fertility clinic. Got  all the tests and stuff.  I am good so far no problems with me.My Darling Husband hormone levels are normal but his SA has problems. He had 4 SA.  In the 4th one, his count increased from 3 to 9 million, motility was 0% first now it’s 2%. Morphology was 40% in earlier ones which his Pcp did. The last two were done at the fertility clinic.The results mentioned above are the most recent ones.Last week, our RE told us after testing us,that his sperm morphology is really bad. Sperms are not viable and are pin heads all of them!! Referred us to a MFI urologist. Our appointment is in the next week.He said may be they would have to do testicular biopsy. This news really broke us down. We weren’t expecting this!  My husband takes multivitamins and vitamin c. He has vitiligo too. Could phototherapy cause any morphology problems? 

Is there a similar case? Any word of advice would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

Post # 4
4999 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

ROLL CALL (I think I forgot to do this last time!)

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 30/40

How long you have been together/married: Together about 7.5 years, married almost 3

How long you have been TTC: I started trying to get AF back when we got married, then really started TTC (i.e. seeing an RE) almost 1.5 years ago

Known Issues/TTC History: I have hypothalamic amenorrhea and we recently discovered an autoimmune issue that we think may be affecting implantation. Darling Husband has very poor morphology likely due to his Type 1 diabetes

Your TTC plans for the next few months: In the middle of IVF round 2 right now. Hopefully ER this week(end)! Our goal for this cycle was to try to get more embryos and do PGS testing and heparin with embryo transfer. 

Just for fun – and because I like this one: post an infertility meme here:

Post # 5
4999 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Frohike:  So exciting about your donor!!! A care package sounds great! You could give her nice socks, some chick flics to watch, gatorade/soup/OHSS-friendly things like that, magazines??

saba66:  Welcome! So sorry about your husband’s diagnosis, but at least you have a pretty clear answer to your infertility. See what the urologist says, but to be honest I’ve never heard of any miracle stories with sperm. My husband has 0.5% morphology (on the scale where 4% is normal) and he did all the vitamins and stuff (he was already quite healthy, doesn’t smoke, is thin, etc) and it didn’t matter. Thankfully, IVF with ICSI can bypass poor sperm and give you a really good chance at getting pregnant. MFI is pretty much the best diagnosis to have if you’re doing IVF. And I don’t know anything about vitiligo and phototherapy, but it’s possible there’s a connection. We think my husband’s MFI is due to his type 1 diabetes, but unfortunately there’s not a whole lot he can do about that! 

Post # 6
2826 posts
Sugar bee

Meeting with RE went well. We basically were talking about ivf cycle and moving on to FET.

RE reassured us that low % of blast formation (5 total blasts out of 17 strong day 3 embries) is not alarming to him yet. Said that with my estrogen being so high (almost 6,000) day of retrieval, it might of compromised egg quality. He doesn’t  believe in sperm DNA fragmentation and thinks embryos arresting after Day 4 is most likely due to chromosomal abnormalities in the eggs, and not the sperm.

He did say that because our frosties made it to blasts on day 6, and not 5, the sucess might be a bit lowered. But they are “high” quality.

He doesn’t think its necessary to do any more testing as of yet and to just proceed with FET.

I felt really good after talking to him. And we brought the consent forms with us and he had NO issues signing them at all at this appointment. NONE. Wasn’t a big deal at all. So the nurse must really not like me or something and is being difficult on purpose. Can’t wait to call her and say “forms signed bitches”…ha. I have to wait for hcg to go to 0 and than wait for normal period to come. Than can start FET. 

Post # 7
523 posts
Busy bee

I came close but here’s my ROLL CALL ๐Ÿ™‚

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 31/42

How long you have been together/married: 4 years

How long you have been TTC: 14 months

Known Issues/TTC History: I have PCOS with long cycles. His SA has improved from “go straight to IVF” to “just low volume with good count/motility” (don’t know why or how). We have been seeing a RE since the beginning of October and have had multiple roadblocks to complete our 3 IUIs (first a cyst, then I didn’t respond to Clomid). We had our first IUI at the beginning of the month (finally) and it just ended yesterday in a chemical pregnancy but I saw those 2 glorious lines so Darling Husband and I have new hope.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) IUI! I go in for CD3 monitoring tomorrow and will hopefully get the all clear to start my second round of letrozole. We did letrozole, ovidril, and IUI 36 hours post trigger which was obviously a successful combination. I’m guessing the will have me use the progesterone suppositories next time because my progesterone wound up tanking. FX that round 2 or 3 actually result in a sticky baby.

Post # 8
2826 posts
Sugar bee

Did anyone have embries reach blast stage on Day 6 instead of Day 5? I am kinda freaking out now that RE said sucess rates with Day 6 are lower. He didn’t say much lower, just lower, but of course I heard the word “lower” and freaked out. 

Post # 9
1891 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 28/ 32

How long you have been together/married: together 10.5 years; married 3+

How long you have been TTC: 16 months

Known Issues/TTC History: we’re unexplained; I’ve had long irregular cycles for as long as I can remember. Did 4 Clomid cycles with my OB last year, no success. DH’s SA came out great. Redid all testing when we started with the RE this year; my AMH and AFCs were both on the high side, but low testosterone, so no PCOS. Doc told me to gain weight in case that was a problem, so I’ve been banned from running and am attempting to keep some extra pounds on.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) In the TWW after our first Clomid+trigger+IUI cycle. If this cycle is a BFN, we’ll do one more Clomid+IUI cycle, then move to injectibles+IUI. I usually chart, and take vitamin D.

Just for fun – and because I like this one: post an infertility meme here: I love this!! (I hoard these, so I’m posting a couple…)

Post # 10
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 33/36

How long you have been together: Together 5 years, married 3

How long you have been TTC: 18 months

Known Issues/TTC History: No actual fertility issues; it’s more of a mechanical issue with my spine (due to a severe injury and reconstruction, cannot carry a pregnancy myself). After trying for over a year and then having a CP, along with worsening spinal issues, was determined that surrogacy would be a safer route for me.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: We went through our first IVF cycle in March which resulted in 4 frozen embryos.  Transfer to our surrogate was TODAY!  Everything seemed to go well!  Now we have the long wait until beta testing next week!

Just for fun: My RE has an e-card in his office that says, “IVF: Taking the fun out of procreation since 1978”. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
398 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 32/34

How long you have been together/married: Together 4.5 years, married 3 and a bit years

How long you have been TTC: over 2.5 years

Known Issues/TTC History: Nothing on my end of things, just need to keep some weight off/lose a bit more. Darling Husband has low count and motility (I can’t remember exactly). 

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) Nothing special while we wait for our letter and the first round of IVF with ISCI for us. Probably won’t happen until October/November at the earliest. So we’ll be at 3 years trying by that point.

Oh man, you’ve opened a can of worms here…now I will waste more time looking at infertility memes….lol.

Post # 12
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: Me 34 now (Boo! I was 31 when we started!) Darling Husband 40

How long you have been together/married: together since 2007, married since 2013

How long you have been TTC: 3 years this summer

Known Issues/TTC History: Hahahahahahaha. Ok, here’s the simple version:

DOR, poor IVF responder, severe endometriosis requiring 3 surgeries and 7 months of ‘fake menopuase’ to remove Darling Husband: non-obstructive azoospermia (NOA), sertoli cell only syndrome (SCOS) (he doesn’t make any sperm and only very rare germ cells). Meds (Armidrex and Clomid) raised his testosterone but no sperm, biopsy = no sperm, intensive mTESE surgery = no sperm. Final answer. My first IVF was cancelled after 16 days due to poor response and 1 of the 2 follicles I made that cycle being dominant. Second cycle we changed protocol and though it took 19 days to trigger we were able to retrieve 7 mature eggs from the 8 follicles I grew:) We had to freeze them becuase we didn’t get any sperm at mTESE.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) Since DH’s almost 4 hour mTESE surgery failed to find even a single sperm we now know that road is hopeless. i’m so happy that he’s finally accepted the idea of donor sperm:) The 7 mature eggs from last IVF cycle are frozen awaiting our donor loot. My follow up appoitnment from last IVF cycle is Tuesday, I’ll know more then details wise, but we plan to thaw our eggs and the donor sperm we bought yesterday and give the whole making embryos thing a go as soon as we can.

Post # 13
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

Thanks for all the congrats on our purchase ladies:)

RunnerBride13:  I disagree that MFI is the best IF diagnosis you can get. Depending on the severity of the diagnosis, they can all be the absolute worst. We’ve had was better success with severe DOR and as bad of Endo as you can get than with our MFI.

ruby26:  lol about your bros!

Mattie K: Sorry I can’t tag you because the last thread closed and you haven’t resonded to thsi one yet but ‘ova’-achieving’ LOLOLOLOL. I love it!!

Post # 14
14882 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

ruby26:  A few doctors I spoke to would actually say you fall in the PCO category based on long irregular cycles and high AFC (if over 25).  I have long cycles (anywhere from 35-49 days), AFC 25-30, AMH 14, all else normal too.  One doc said that high testersterone is actually not that common for a lot of people who get that diagnosis.  So those are the 3 criteria for the diagnosis, and 2 is needed for the diagnosis of PCO.  https://jeanhailes.org.au/health-a-z/pcos/how-is-pcos-diagnosed  I dunno that it matters, cause it doesnt change the treatment method at all, but just having a name to the “problem”.    And LOVE that second meme! 

Post # 15
1612 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 38/44

How long you have been together/married: Together 3.5 years, married 1.5 years

How long you have been TTC: 14 months

Known Issues/TTC History: Went from regular cycles (sometimes with some spotting in the luteal phase) to what the heck is going on. 3 months with no period, heavy periods, clots, the period that never ended. It was almost a year before I got “reset” by medication from my GP. So far test results are pointing to a a diminished ovarian reserve and I’ll probably offically get that diagnosis today at my RE appointment. Last CD3 bloodwork showed a FSH of 16 and my AFC from 2 weeks ago was 3. Getting fresh CD3 bloodwork today as well as my AMH results. My husband hasn’t been tested yet.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc): Acupuncture (been to 2 sessions so far and I love it) and supplements (multi, omega 3, maca, CoQ10 ubiquinol, vitamin D and adding wheatgrass and royal jelly when my order gets here). Asking the dr about DHEA as well as you need a prescription in Canada. Also doing seed cycling as per my naturopath. We can’t afford IVF especially with the horrible budget my province just brought down. They introduced a bunch of new taxes, fee increases, etc that will cost us an extra 5 grand a year. And my husband and I both work for the province and the threat of layoffs is over our heads. I would like to try some IUI though.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility โ€“ Part 26’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors