(Closed) 1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility – Part 27

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
1695 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Age/Partner’s Age: 32/34

How long married: 4 years

How long TTC:  11 months (Is it okay if I join a month early?)

Known issues/TTC history:  Began TTC last year.  One MMC.  CD3/21 labs normal.  SA normal.  charting bbt/opks for last ten cycles.  Accupuncture.  Clomid unsuccessful.  OB refuses to do anymore clomid cycles.  RE not covered by insurance.  

TTC Plans next few months:  This cycle taking a break from charting. Have an appointment with NaProTech MD on June 9 due to insurance restrictions and willingness to try something new!!  

Post # 5
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: Me-34, DH-40

How long you have been together/married: together 7.5 years married 2.5 years

How long you have been TTC: Since summer 2013 just shy of 3 years

Known Issues/TTC History:

Me: DOR, poor IVF responder, severe endometriosis requiring 3 surgeries and 7 months of ‘fake menopuase’ to remove and most recently I’ve found out I have hypothyroidism too.

Darling Husband: non-obstructive azoospermia (NOA), sertoli cell only syndrome (SCOS) (he doesn’t make any sperm and only very rare germ cells). Meds (Armidrex and Clomid) raised his testosterone but no sperm, biopsy = no sperm, intensive mTESE surgery = no sperm.

My first IVF was cancelled after 16 days due to poor response and 1 of the 2 follicles I made that cycle becoming dominant. Second cycle we changed protocol and though it took 19 days to trigger we were able to retrieve 7 mature eggs from the 8 follicles I grew. (We had to freeze them because we didn’t get any sperm at mTESE.) We decided to move on to donor sperm and picked a donor but our hybrid frozen egg & donor sperm/fresh embryo transfer was cancelled because my thyroid went funky.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc): Keep taking my thyroid meds and hope my thyroid levels out. We can’t do anything until my TSH is back under control. I’ll have it tested again around June 7th.

Just for fun: Vacation/Plans this summer. How will you enjoy your time with your SO, family, friends… No summer plans. Darling Husband recently started a new job so he can’t take any vacation time because he’ll already need to take time off for IVF transfer days and it’s never good to start a new job and then request a bunch of time off lol. We’ve decided to go to Ireland for about 10 days around Christmas instead. We’re delaying moving there for 1-2 years to save up more money because tech jobs pay about half as much there as they do here and we want to be successful when we do move. We’ll be scoping out the major cities and winter weather for moving while enjoying our trip. Last time we were there it was sunny and about 70F every day (totally abnormal, even in the summer) and we stayed rural so we want to see the seasonal differences and what areas we like most this trip.

Post # 6
799 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 32/ 35

How long you have been together/married: 8 years, married 1.5

How long you have been TTC: since June 2014, creeping up on 2 years

Known Issues/TTC History: Unexplained.  I have normal periods and ovulate on my own.  All tests came back normal, w/ the exception of somewhat low progesterone.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc)  In the TWW after our 3rd Clomid+trigger+IUI cycle.  If this cycle is a BFN, we will schedule a consult w/ RE and move onto IVF.  I take prenatal, Vit D, Fish oil, and B complex

Just for fun: Vacation/Plans this summer. How will you enjoy your time with your SO, family, friends… No major summer plans yet.  We’ll likely spend July 4th weekend w/ DH’s mom and step-dad, in Chicago, Minneapolis, or somewhere in between.

Post # 7
3563 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age:  We’re both 32

How long you have been together/married:  Together almost 10 years, married for 2.5 years

How long you have been TTC:  Since January 2014

Known Issues/TTC History:

All testing comes back fine.  I go to an OBGYN who can do everything except IVF as the only fertility clinics are ~2 hours away. (This also helps insurance cover things).  I’ve done 2 unmonitored Clomid cycles, and 3 monitored Clomid + Ovidrel trigger cycles, with a 3 month “break” in between.  Dr thinks that my body is ovulating “overripe” eggs based on the size of my follicles during ultrasounds, and knowing what CD I normally ovulate on.  All this Clomid is starting to thin my lining, so when AF shows this weekend I will be asking to switch to Femara.  

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc)

Dr. originally said to do 6 Clomid cycles, and then we can move on to IUI. I want to skip the 6th cycle and go straight into IUI with Femara, but of course Darling Husband thinks we should just do what the Dr wants. Darling Husband still manages to be very positive that we’ll have a baby in due time. 

I’ve had a difficult time emotionally with this whole journey, it really does start to affect your normal, everyday life.  Plus the meds have wonderful side effects.  I don’t have much hope that IUI will even work, and a small part of me just wants to go ahead with it to get it over with so we can say we tried and learn how to face a future without kids.  I have never, ever thought about living a child-free life until we started this struggle.  It seriously hearts my heart even typing this. 

We are on the fence about doing IVF because of the expense and distance we’d have to travel for appointments, and also the emotional roller coaster that is IVF…I’m not sure how well I’d handle spending that much money and it still fails.  I admire the strength that so many of you seem to have!  

Just for fun: Vacation/Plans this summer. How will you enjoy your time with your SO, family, friends…

We have a very close knit group of friends, so we’ll be spending plenty of time with them boating, fishing, and beaching it this summer.  We have an inground pool, so we pretty much spend our summers out there cooking out and hosting a ton of family and friends.  DH manages a band as a side job, so we have several events we’ll attend with them, including a red carpet awards show in August that I’m already looking at dresses for! lol 

Post # 8
4575 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partne’s Age: 34/35

How long you have been together/married: We have been together for 11 years, and married for 4 years.

How long you have been TTC: We are TTC#2 with unexplained infertility for about 7/8 cycles now, although we took a two month mandatory break from our RE due to the fact that we went to Zika infected places.

Known Issues/TTC History: In 2013 I was told my FSH levels were borderline.  When I went back to the RE this time they said everything with me its fine and so is Darling Husband, so we are unexplained.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) We are moving onto IVF since our insurance is not approving injectables IUI (injectables is what gave us our DS miracle with another insurance).  I meet with our RE to discuss our protocol on the 7th and I have my genetic consult tomorrow afternoon.  Our RE is booking IVF in late June, so hopefully we make the cut off, otherwise, we have to wait for our July cycle.

Just for fun: Vacation/Plans this summer. How will you enjoy your time with your SO, family, friends: We had plans to take a long weekend away with the family for the 4th of July since it is also DH’s birthday, but our RE told us that we have to be around, so we aren’t going far, just the family beach house (about 2 hours away) or DH’s twin brother’s lake house (also two hours away) for the day, maybe go to some water parks.

Post # 9
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 32 (will be 33 in June)/34

How long you have been together/married: 8.5 years/married 2.5 years

How long you have been TTC: a little over 2 years

Known Issues/TTC History:  None. Doctor put me on baby dose of synthroid to get my TSH to “optimal fertility levels.” I tend to ovulate a bit later (around CD19). Never a BFP, but then again I never test unless I’m late

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc)

We’re saving up for IVF to be done fairly soon. In the mean time, trying the old fashioned way. Trying to be a healthier person to make sure I go into the treatment healthily.

Just for fun: Vacation/Plans this summer. How will you enjoy your time with your SO, family, friends

I’m doing on a road trip to Texas to help move my niece into college. I’m going with family. Darling Husband is staying home. As for us, we’re just going to try and enjoy different events in our area.

Post # 11
203 posts
Helper bee

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age:26 /27 

How long you have been together/married: Together over 8 years married last June . 

How long you have been TTC:11 months but this cycle is almost up so right at the year mark . 

Known Issues/TTC History: Not sure yet . Looks like Darling Husband sperm count was low and morphology also but we are waiting for the urologist to call us back to book his follow up appointment to go over all his tests . My follow up is next wed so I will know the results of my Saline sono , blood work and what our next steps are . 

My doctor called me today and said my cervical swab shows bacteria urea plasma and that we both need to be treated with antibiotics . She said it’s not an STD and half of all women have it but has shown to be a cause of infertility . If we were not TTC they would not even treat it . Kind of confused about it does anyone have any experience with this ? 

Just waiting for our follow up appointments to see where to go next . 

Just for fun: Vacation/Plans this summer. How will you enjoy your time with your SO, family, friends…

Nothing right now . Darling Husband will be starting a new job in a couple of weeks so we do not want to take time off . The insurance should be better than what we have now so hopefully we end up with some infertility coverage . We have no coverage on our current plan , they won’t even cover any of our tests . 

Post # 12
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 35 / 41 (on Sunday!)

How long you have been together/married: together 3 years / married almost 1 year

How long you have been TTC: 13 cycles, 1 year

Known Issues/TTC History: Darling Husband has low morphology, otherwise all testing has come back normal. He initially also had low volume, but the last 2 IUI samples have been great (they don’t check for morph on the IUI samples). We tried for 8 months on our own and started seeing the RE in January 2016. We did a round of TI, a round of Clomid + TI, 2 rounds of Clomid + trigger + IUI and now we are in our second round of Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc). I take a prenatal, CoQ10, DHA and vitamin D daily. Currently on CD6 of our 4th IUI. Using injectable meds Follistim + Ovidrel. I’m not sure what we will do after this cycle, we are thinking about moving on to IVF (July or Aug) and paying completely out of pocket :/

Just for fun: Vacation/Plans this summer. How will you enjoy your time with your SO, family, friends… Darling Husband has a huge project at work that isn’t set to wrap up until mid July. My boss is taking vacation the end of July through the begining of Aug and asked that we not be away at the same time. We are not making any plans until after that. We also don’t want to be away during IVF. We also want to move out of NYC, so currently it feels like everything is up in the air.

Post # 13
1117 posts
Bumble bee

Hi Everyone. Today and last night haven’t beeen the best of the days. Positive news is that my beta was positive. They didn’t tell me levels but just told me over voicemail since I missed the call and to come back on Friday to see if my levels have doubled. Tried to talk to my RE this morning but he never called me back so no progesterone test or endometrin. Darling Husband yelled at me all last night when I mentioned my concerns and told me I’m not a doctor and that I’m embarassing him in front of his colleagues. Mother-In-Law started major drama so this weekend is shot. I’ve spent last night and today crying. Not exactly how I thought I’d be reacting when I got a positive test finally. Trying to remail calm but I’m having major AF like cramps πŸ™

Post # 14
4575 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

weightwatchers152:  YAY for AF almost here! I hope this new cycle brings you great news πŸ™‚

JLBB-brooklyn:  Are you guys doing anything fun for his birthday?

Ham1320:  awe no! why is your Darling Husband being so mean?!?!? He shouldn’t be yelling at his pregnant wife! I am sorry you can’t yet enjoy your BFP πŸ™ please try and remain calm and as much as I hate the word “relax”, please try to take it easy on yourself and relax and let people deal with their own shit.  HUGS!!! I hope your week gets better and FX for Friday, lady! πŸ™‚

Post # 15
398 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Aqualov:  I went to Ireland in October/November a few years back. LOVED it. A little chilly, but the sunshine was great and the green countryside was unbelieveable. Of course, now I live in NZ where it is green through the winter as well. 

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 32/34

How long you have been together/married: been together nearly 5 years, married 3.5

How long you have been TTC: it’ll be 3 years in October

Known Issues/TTC History: none for me- all tests came back normal. Darling Husband came back with bad SA results for 2 out of 3 tests. We’re on the waiting list for public funding IVF.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) Start taking my vitamins again to sort out my cycle. The last few months have been ridiculous. Shorter and shorter cycles with breakthrough bleeding and short LPs. We probably won’t get to IVF before October, so it’s just a waiting game here.

Just for fun: Vacation/Plans this summer. How will you enjoy your time with your SO, family, friends… It’s winter for me in NZ, so the biggest plan is keeping warm. Lol. We’re working on landscaping and doing some home improvement while it’s slower around here. My mom is coming to visit in August/September, so we want to get a few things done before she comes. In June we’re going to take a long weekend at DH’s grandparent’s farm. Hope we get some snow up in the hills then! Then it’s my birthday in July and DH’s birthday in September. Not sure what we’re doing yet for those.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility – Part 27’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors