(Closed) 1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility – Part 27

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 511
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

RunnerBride13:  Good luck!!!

We are 5dp5dt today, and surrogate took a FRER this morning.  She swears that she could see a faint line, but I couldn’t see anything. πŸ™ I know I shouldn’t throw in the towel so soon, but I already feel defeated (and even emailed my  RE about another egg retrieval). 

Post # 512
523 posts
Busy bee

mrsdanish:  We can be appropriately excited for you πŸ™‚ FX it really is a line and it really gets darker

RunnerBride13:  AAAAAH you are almost there!

happy2bee:  Fortunately nobody has said that to me, I might unleash some unkind words. When strangers say “it will happen” I just answer “hopefully” and leave it at that

JLBB-brooklyn:  You ovulate on your own right? Because now my Dr is offering another 2 IUI as an option because I don’t ovulate regularly ovulate on my own… 

vanike:  Ugh why is it all so expensive? We are going with a single IVF rate and the “embryo screening” (forgot what it’s called) will put us at $14500 or $15000 without meds (insurance will cover meds with a copay though)

CD1 today- I didn’t cry! I called the new RE and made an appointment for CD3 bloodwork/monitoring and the surgery center will call me to schedule the mock transfer and saline sono (any tips?) hopefully for early next week. Had a LONG conversation with RE and discussed my records and next steps. RE suggested that he believes my ovulation dysfunction is hypothalmic instead of PCOS (I’m guessing labs will confirm). DH’s SA volume is consistently low which causes an overall low count but it’s not horrible. RE offered another two IUI if I wanted it as a reasonable option but my heart is saying I need better odds and hopefully frozen embryos!

I called Darling Husband and he agreed unless the new bloodwork shows anything different. July 7th is IVF game plan day and meeting with the nurse to review meds and sign consent forms. I feel at peace with the decision (although spending the money sucks). This is happening!

Thinking of you all

Post # 513
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

mrsdanish:  Awww, 5dp5dt is too early!! Give it a few more days. Remind me, do you not have any frozen embryos? And did you transfer one or two this time?

Dreaming13:  Saline sono is the easiest part of IVF! I didn’t even feel it. Interesting your RE thinks you have hypothalamic issues – do you not ovulate without meds? Do you respond to Clomid?

Post # 514
365 posts
Helper bee

RunnerBride13:  Our surro has had a positive FRER at 5dp5dt on her previous two successful transfers, so it’s just making me me feel a bit more pressured. It’s awful!  Unfortunately, we have no more frozen embryos.  They retrieved 30 eggs, only 10 fertilized, and only 4 made it to blast.  First transfer in April, one didn’t survibe thaw, transferred one, chemical pregnancy.  Last week we were going to transfer two, but again, one didn’t make it through thaw, so only transferred one.  I just feel like it’s never going to work for us. Sorry for being such a Debbie Downer!  I’m having a rough day today!

Post # 515
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Hey ladies, I’ve been a little MIA trying to hold it together this last week. I’ve had six betas, each going down, but annoyingly slowly. Originally I was supposed to start BCPs as soon as betas were below 2.5, then have a saline sono today, and start FET prep after two weeks of BCPs.  But my beta was still 2.65 today, so they wouldn’t let me start BCPs (yup. By 0.15), and of course i couldn’t do the saline sono. Tomorrow I am heading out of town for a wedding, so the RE wanted me to get blood drawn at a Quest over the wedding weekend, at which point I said f**** this noise, I’m going to let this cycle happen naturally and do the FET next cycle. I can only take so many blood draws, so many sad faces from the nurses who all know me by now, and so many days dwelling on the fact that I’m definitely not pregnant (although not not pregnant enough, apparently). Blech, sorry for the Debbie downer post, I’ll be back when I have a bit more positivity and support to lend.

Post # 516
4998 posts
Honey bee

mrsdanish:  Oh man that’s tough!! Did you ever transfer any into you, or all with the surrogate? I hope it’s just too early!! Keep us posted!

MattieK:  Awww hugs!!! I hope you can enjoy the wedding! 

Post # 517
2785 posts
Sugar bee

MattieK:  Oh goodness, that is soo frustrating. Clinic is being a bit ridiculous, anything under 5 should be considered a definite negative. And to suggest you hunt down Quest on vacation when your beta is at 2 already….wtf. Hope you can have a good time at the wedding and get distracted from all this. 

Post # 518
4998 posts
Honey bee

mrsdanish:  nevermind I read your roll call and remember now! That is such a bummer about the thaw rate. I assume your clinic uses vitrification? 

Post # 519
523 posts
Busy bee

RunnerBride13:  I had a questionable response to clomid and I have unconfirmed O without meds and the two are possibly related. I haven’t quite sorted it out with a RE either because so far it hasn’t impacted anything- I may O on my own just really late and did not respond to clomid OR I may not O on my own and I O’d following clomid. Here are the 2 facts: 1) without meds I get a +OPK 12 days prior to my period like clockwork. O (unmedicated) has NOT been confirmed via bloodwork because my old RE ignored my request to test 7 days after +OPK (he said it didn’t matter) 2) By the time I ovulated on the second dose of Clomid it was CD43 which is pretty close to when I probably would have gotten a +OPK without meds (O following clomid was confirmed via bloodwork). Thoughts?

Post # 521
4998 posts
Honey bee

Dreaming13:  If you get a positive OPK, you make LH, so I would think your hypothalamus is working correctly, but that’s just a guess! If you have full blown hypothalmic amenorrhea, you don’t make enough LH to get a positive OPK and you won’t O with Clomid. But some people can still have a cycle and ovulate, but have hypothalamic issues (for lack of a better word) that prevent them from getting pregnant (I think that’s what happened with Ruby26). I’ll be interested to hear what your RE says!

Post # 522
365 posts
Helper bee

RunnerBride13:  Yep, both clinics use vitrification.  We had our embryos shipped, so unfortunately we don’t have a leg to stand on if we ask the clinics about the poor survival rate (you basically sign your life away when you sign the shipping agreement with all the risks, etc).

Surro said she took another test tonight and said faint line was still there.  I haven’t seen a pic, but I am still worried she’s actually seeing an evap.  Very anxious for tomorrow morning’s test!

Post # 524
523 posts
Busy bee

weightwatchers152:  My body responded similarly- it was very frustrating. I wasn’t on injectables so we couldn’t tweak anything, just had to play the game we were dealt. Second cycle, 2 follies triggered CD12 for CD13 IUI and then third cycle 1 follie that grew slowly, shrank and then another grew a few days later and we triggered after monitoring nearly daily for an extra week and a half. Both cycles were BFN. I’m surprised that your last cycle was cancelled with 3 follies. FX this one isn’t cancelled but if it is, that you find a doctor who will sort out a better plan so this doesn’t continue to happen.

Post # 525
523 posts
Busy bee

RunnerBride13:  So I’m only partially broken? lol I’ll let you know what the new RE says. He’s much more thorough and provides significantly more information compared to my old RE. Bloodwork tomorrow will tell us more. Good luck with transfer!!!

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility – Part 27’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors