(Closed) 1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility – Part 27

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 541
523 posts
Busy bee

I LOVE my new RE office. Best decision I made yet. Went today for CD3 bloodwork and ultrasound- trip wasn’t awful and everyone is much more forthcoming with answers to questions. 

I start birth control pills TONIGHT and we have our next appointment for nurse consult, bloodwork, baseline ultrasound and mock transfer/saline sono on 7/7.  It’s going to be a whirlwind day but it sounds like if all goes well, meds will be ordered and I can start injections shortly after. I’m actually really excited.

How many days do people stim for IVF?

Of course Darling Husband has 2 week long work trips planned for end of July/ early August with only a week off in between! He already said he will come home early for retrieval or transfer if he’s away but it’s a new client of course. Anyone do transfer without their partner?

Post # 542
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

JLBB-brooklyn:  Thank you!

Aqualov:  Really? I guess I stand corrected! I thought they didn’t freeze as well because they are so big. I do know that freezing in general is way better now with vitrification! Yay for science! I’m so glad you are getting back on track Soon!!

MrsR4ever:  yay for embryos!!! Sounds like a frozen transfer is smart. Do they make you take a full cycle off and then FET cycle?

mrsdanish:  Oh no! I’m so sorry ☹️

weightwatchers152:  I hope you keep responding and this cycle Goes well!

AFM, transfer was today and went perfectly! Phew! Transferred a 6AA blast (we didn’t find out the sex), and everything was great!! I’m really hopeful that this is it for us! Third time’s a charm!

Post # 543
4998 posts
Honey bee

Dreaming13:  my first cycle was 9 days, second was 13. Then add 2 days for trigger shot. I didn’t transfer without my hubby but almost had to twice. If you have a BFF or family member, I think it’d be fine.

Post # 544
799 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

weightwatchers152:  Thank you!  I try…my sister told me I am handling it well.  I feel like I am for the most part, but there are still those moments that I think about it and start crying.  I hope you start responding faster and get more answers tomorrow.

I finally got good news today…My level went down from 2700 on Monday to 1912 today!!!  For the 1st time in 3 weeks I feel like I’m out of the limbo and headed in the right direction to be able to try again soon.

Post # 545
523 posts
Busy bee

RunnerBride13:  Glad everything went smoothly. 3rd time’s a charm! Thanks for the info, my sister said she would come with me if Darling Husband can’t. Darling Husband has been much more supportive lately we will see what he chooses to do (I’m ok either way)

soontobemrs1011:  Finally! Hope the numbers go down quickly from here. Limbo sucks

Post # 546
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

Dreaming13:  It’s typical to stim for about 8-12 days. I’m a total weirdo super slow responder myself, I stim about 16-18 days. This is absolutely unheard of abnormal btw. No one stims as long as I do, I’ve literally never heard of it in anyone but me.

Post # 547
1639 posts
Bumble bee

Aqualov:  Thanks for that info! It’s super helpful. I’ll ask my doctor more about it.

AFM, I’m still waiting O and for a miracle to happen before mid-August. Mid-August I’ll be put on the birth control and start up IVF. My niece will be running a college race out in Denver on October 1st. My whole family is going, and I really want to go with them. But I just don’t know much about IVF timelines and all that jazz to figure out if it’s possible for me. I know, I have to be flexible in the scheduling. A part of me wanted to put it off after October 1st, but honestly I’m just going to keep stalling with a million and one other excuses. Just nervous/scared/anxious that it doesn’t work after spending all that money.

Post # 548
109 posts
Blushing bee

RunnerBride13:  I’m glad your transfer went well! My transfer date is July 8th and I was wondering if you did anything special to get ready for your transfer and did your doctor recommend bed rest or light activity? 

Post # 549
4998 posts
Honey bee

LilyBlossom:  Thanks!! I didn’t really do anything special during the FET cycle. I never have issues with my lining but I know there are some wives tales people follow to thicken their lining (pomegranate juice, some sort of teas). I exercised up until a few days before, then just yoga and waking. My clinic doesn’t recommend bed rest, but I’ve been taking it very easy, mostly in bed. I will go back to my normal routine (minus exercise) on Monday.

Post # 550
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Aqualov:  hooray for your thyroid! And good luck today, I am SO excited for you that you’re starting your transfer cycle! Ahhhh!

MrsR4ever:  great news on your retrieval and fertilization! Congrats! How are you feeling today? I felt like death, lol, just drink SO much coconut water, or Gatorade, or something!

mrsdanish:  Oh, I’m so so sorry. Ugh, it’s just not fair. Sending love.

weightwatchers152:  I’m glad to hear you’re progressing! And omg that was so inappropriate of that tech to say – I would have thrown her some major shade after that. Way to be a optimism crusher, lady. Don’t let her get to you, everyone has their own story, and her outcome has no bearing whatsoever on yours!

Dreaming13:  glad you loved your new re! I think I stimmed for 12 days? Maybe? In that ballpark. Also I did a transfer without my partner, and it was no big deal. It takes like 10 minutes, and then you’re on your way!

RunnerBride13:  HOORAY!! I’m keeping everything crossed that this is your baby!

soontobemrs1011:  so glad to hear it’s moving in the right direction! 

vanike:  I think you mat be fine for October, but it could be really really close. I was on BCPs 18 days, then started stims on “cd3” after stopping bcps, 12 days of stims, two days for trigger, then retrieval, and of course if you do a fresh blast transfer, 5 more days. So total that would be about 40 days from bcps to transfer. Of course that is different depending on how long they want you in BCPs, how long stims take, whether you do a fresh or frozen transfer, etc.

AFM, I’m feeling a bit better now that the bleeding has stopped, and now that I’m not getting blood drawn every other day. I have spent the last two days with my sisters and mom, and will go to a wedding tonight, so overall this had been a very well timed and needed trip.

Post # 551
1639 posts
Bumble bee

MattieK:  Thanks for the timeline. We’ll be doing a frozen transfer, so I’m not sure how all that fits into an IVF cycle. Did you start BCP on CD1 or do they start you mid-cycle? I think my CD1 will be right when I’m coming back from my August trip, but I’m debating about just starting them this next CD1 (sometime in the next couple of weeks). Or we can continue to try for a miracle.

I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better, and glad that you can spend time with family and go to the wedding tonight. I hope you have a good time!

Post # 552
523 posts
Busy bee

vanike:  RE asked me to wait until CD3 to start BCP so he had a baseline. I decided to start the BCP instead of trying for a miracle. I hate spending the money too (especially if we end up without a baby) but I’ve realized that it’s our only choice. My dad always said “it’s just money, you can always make more.” 

MattieK:  Glad you are feeling better. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Aqualov:  That’s really long. I don’t know how I’ll react to the stims. I have a polycystic ovaries with a million tiny follicles (AMH 7) so I’m guessing we will have to be careful. 

Telling my dad today what’s been going on, it’s time to let him in on the situation. We are super close so I wanted to surprise him with a BFP but it seems that ship has sailed.

Post # 553
1639 posts
Bumble bee

Dreaming13:  My dad says the same thing! Of course, he makes a whole lot more money than I do. But that’s been sort of my mantra the last month or so.

Post # 555
969 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hi ladies! Darling Husband and I just got back from a spur of the moment trip to vegas and it was exactly what the doctor ordered. We spent most of the trip doing pregnancy unfriendly things and it felt great. I’m 11dpo today and still hoping for a miracle, but if not, only one more cycle to go before IUI.

Dreaming13:  I’m so glad you are loving your new RE! It’s so important to feel confident and comfortable with your clinic.

RunnerBride13:  yay for a perfect transfer! I have everything crossed that third time is the charm for you!

soontobemrs1011:  I’m so happy to hear that things are finally going in the right direction!

Aqualov:  yay for your transfer cycle! I hope that you finally have all the kinks worked out and everything goes super smoothly. You more than deserve it at this point!

MattieK:  enjoy the wedding and time with your family! I’m pretty sure getaways are required in order to keep our sanity during infertility.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility – Part 27’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors