(Closed) 1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility – Part 27

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 556
109 posts
Blushing bee

RunnerBride13:ย  Thanks, it’s nice to hear what other people do. It seems like there are so many things you can do but at some point it seems like too much and could cause more stress. My fingers are crossed for you!

Post # 557
2427 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

vanike:  I started BCP just this last Thursday – mid cycle. My RE clinic does batch IVF rounds (so, they pretty much schedule any/all patients who are doing IVF that month to be on the same cycle day with the manipulation of birth control). I’m only taking 10 days worth due to my extreme DOR, but the nurse said it was completely fine to start at any point in your cycle. Of course, mine are super short and I have been spotting the entire time since I was already at CD 19 of a natural cycle when I started. Trying to just ignore it as I know I’m still “surpressing.”

As far as how the rest of my cycle and FET are scheduled (of course I’m expecting things to go wonky at some point): I’ll  go in for baseline on CD2 and start low dose lupron (doing microdose lupron flare) stim for about 10 days starting CD3, trigger and retrieval. Immediately following retrieval I have already been prescribed 10 days of provera to induce a period. Once that happens, I will go in for baseline for our FET (fingers crossed we have something to transfer!). I was told that there is a lot more leway with FET, I can choose my transfer date, etc. I’m expecting transfer to happen mid August. However, I do know many clincis will require you to wait an additional full cycle before transfer. I think we will play things by ear depending on my hormone levels and how I am feeling since my meds will be high. 

Good luck!!!

Post # 558
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

Thanks everyone for the encourgaement. It means a lot. My ultrasound and blood went well. This cycle is a go so far!

BeverlyGeese:  Good luck Bev!

arielmerms:  Thanks. I do, but I’d rather be informwd again than risk not knowing, you know?

LilyBlossom:  We should be transferring about the same date. Mine is tentatively the 12th. My clinic and all that I know of reccommend thaing the day off of work, but no bed rest- just light activity. Light activity helps the transfer because it keeps the blood flowing well in the uterus.

Post # 559
633 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 32/35

How long you have been together/married: married almost 3y

How long you have been TTC: 22 months

Known Issues/TTC History: got preg with kid #1 on first month NTNP, not a single positive since, even though we never use birth control and have been timing for 18 months  

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) started Letrozole this cycle. Still haven’t gotten around to having husband do the semen analysis. My labs were normal. 

Just for fun: Vacation/Plans this summer. How will you enjoy your time with your SO, family, friends… Lake, weddings, the usual ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 560
109 posts
Blushing bee

Aqualov:  Thanks for the info. We only have 2 more weeks, it’s going to be here before we know it! I’m glad your blood work and ultrasound went well. I have an appointment Wednesday and then I don’t go again until the transfer. That makes me kind of nervous that they aren’t checking on me more but I’m going to ask about it when I go. 

Post # 561
2427 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Aqualov:ย  Thank you!!! I will be thinking of you and hoping for great news during your upcoming ultrasounds and eventual transfer. I feel like we have been at this for so long that I’m on your journey with you!!! ย Xoxo

Post # 562
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Aqualov:  I’m a couple days behind on the thread so this may look out of place, but would vitrification be a deal breaker for you?  My clinic does not use it and I’ve been wondering recently if I should be looking at a different clinic (for more than this reason).  My current clinic is a two hour drive and there it is the only clinic in my province. I’d have to travel out of province for the other option I’m looking into. 

Post # 563
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

WillowB:  Yes, not using vitrification would be a complete deal-breaker for me. That sucks that there’s so few clinics!

Post # 564
4575 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

JLBB-brooklyn:  We didnt want to do ICSI mainly because the insurance wont cover it due to no male issues, but our RE told us that if they see its needed at the time they put them together, they will make the decision for us and do it, so they did.  I guess now I am just going to wait for the billing :/  How are you doing?

weightwatchers152:  How sweet of your father! Its great to have support ๐Ÿ™‚  I hope you had a great weekend.

Post # 565
2785 posts
Sugar bee

I will catch up soon, but had a quick question. Just went in for my FET check after being on estrace and my lining is 8.7 (got info from ultrasound tech, nurse always calls with instructions end of day). I feel that’s low but ultrasound tech said they look for anything over 7 so it’s totally fine. Is 8.7 really sufficient? And no cysts so that’s good :))

Post # 566
4575 posts
Honey bee

Dreaming13:  OH YAY!!! I am glad you like your new RE! I hope he/she gets you your little bean! And I haven’t done transfer yet, but my RE and our nurse told us Darling Husband doesnt have to come with me.  She said I will be able to go about my day just fine.

RunnerBride13:  Oh my! this just got super exciting! EEP!!! I am glad all went well ๐Ÿ™‚ … RE and nurse told me to call on CD1 so we are not skipping a cycle, we’ll work on getting me ready for FET.  For now, I am temping to have an idea when AF will arrive.  I hope soon!

soontobemrs1011:  So happy to hear your numbers are finally going down.

MattieK:  Thanks! Now, I feel much mornal than I did over the past few days.  I was so bloaded and constipated, but finally back to normal.  I am glad you are feeling better ๐Ÿ™‚ xox

Dreaming13:  How did it go telling your dad?

mkat37:  awww good for you guys! sometimes you just need to this things for the spur of the moment! Vegas sounds like the best dose of medicine! FX for this cycle ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 567
4575 posts
Honey bee

BeverlyGeese:  Best of luck lady!!! Crossing everything for you!

Aqualov:  woohoo!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

drlolaz:  welcome!

Post # 568
4575 posts
Honey bee

I hope you ladies can help me with this question; I am temping again so I can have an idea when AF is showing, but I am not quite sure how many DPO I am, should I consider the day of ER as O or the day after I triggered? Ugh!

Post # 569
4575 posts
Honey bee

solnishko1186:  I was told the same thing.  Anything above 7 is good.

Post # 570
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Aqualov:  Thanks again for in the information on the vitrification. I took a look at my clinic’s site, and it does look like they use it. I still haven’t gotten word on how much the expected cost of that whole process would be vs. embryo freezing.

AFM, looks like I’m ovulating late this cycle. Darling Husband and I have been struggling in with BD. Since he started antidepressants they make him less sensitive so he has a very difficult time finishing, if at all. It’s frustrating and I want to yell at him because I want this miracle to happen. The only thing that’s kept me from yelling is that I know it’s not likely anyway.

We’re still trying to figure out which doctor we’d like to continue with. The pricing is roughly the same (the 2nd opinion will be $2k-$3k more), but really when you’re spending this much money does $2k even make that much of a difference? I also know what location 1 will cost in terms of meds, location 2 hasn’t given me a med list but they said that in addition to the 30% off they’d “help me as much as they can with the medications.” Also, the base IVF price for Location 2 starts at $8900 which is why in my comparison it doesn’t look like 30% off.

The only other thing I’m not liking about location 2 is that the financial department isn’t very quick to respond to questions (location 1 rocks at this). However location 2’s nursing staff seems to answer promptly. I’ve attached a screen shot of my (not-so-handy dandy comparison chart).

Oh also, I have a question. Does anyone know if a doctor that is not in your medical group does a labcorp order if the insurance would still cover it?

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility – Part 27’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors