(Closed) 1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility – Part 28

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
3563 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: We’re both 32

How long you have been together/married:  Together 10 years, married for almost 3 years

How long you have been TTC:  Since January 2014, I lost track of the cycle count. 

Known Issues/TTC History:  Everything looks great on DH’s end. 

Everything also looks great on my end.  I O naturally, tubes are open, no signs of PCOS or endo, no thyroid issues, and I have very regular textbook cycles except that I naturally O around CD18.  We did a couple of unmonitored cycles with Clomid, and then monitored the 3rd one and found that my follicles were possibly growing too large before my body ovulates, so we started the Ovidrel trigger. Did 4 cycles of Clomid+Ovidrel & TI. 

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc)

Clomid was thinning my lining, so we just switched to Tamoxifen this cycle.  I have an appointment next week for an ultrasound to see how my follicles respond, and we’ll do TI again this cycle.  We are going to move forward with IUI next cycle.  

Just for fun: Now that it’s summer it’s been pretty hot where I live and I’m not a fan. I’m more of a springtime weather type of gal. What’s your favorite season and why?

I’m actually a summertime girl.   I love the beach & I love the pool…but if I didn’t have access to either of those so easily, I’d probably hate it too. lol  I’d really love a Fall/Autumn season too, but where I live we only tend to have “fall weather” for about a week and then the temps drop. 

View original reply
Aqualov:  I have my FX so hard for you!  

Post # 4
4575 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 34/35

How long you have been together/married: Together for 11 years (at least) and married for 4 years

How long you have been TTC: For baby #1 we TTC 13 cycles and after 3 IUIs we got DS, We are now TTC for baby #2 since I believe September/October, 2015.

Known Issues/TTC History: Unexplained infertility.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) Pre-Natals, Vitamin D, and once CD1 is here I am to call my RE to start me up in getting ready for our FET.  Tomorrow we should know how many made it to blast.

Just for fun: Now that it’s summer it’s been pretty hot where I live and I’m not a fan. I’m more of a springtime weather type of gal. What’s your favorite season and why? Mine is Summer! Just love the warm weather and yes, sometimes super hot weather. I love going out for walks, going for a swim, having barbecues, not wearing coats and drive in movie theater.  Thank goodness DH enjoys it just as much.  And of course Water Parks!

Post # 5
4575 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
Aqualov:  I have absolutely everything crossed for you! Best of luck!

Post # 6
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 35 / 41

How long you have been together/married: together 3 years, married for 1 year

How long you have been TTC: 15 total cycles, 6 of them medicated

Known Issues/TTC History: Technically we are unexplained. The only possible issues might be that DH had 3% morphology (Kruger strict) on his SA in Nov 2015. My RE suspects I have hard shell eggs (but I have a good amount of eggs for my age) and that we have fertilization issues because of this.

We started TTC in May 2015, went to OBGYN in Oct 2015 for initial testing. We started with the RE in Jan 2016, 1 cycle Clomid + Trigger + TI, 2 cycles Clomid + Trigger + IUI, 3 cycles of injectables + trigger + IUI.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: Considering doing another couple of injectable IUI cycles through the end of 2016 while we are waiting to get on another insurance plan in Jan 2017 which will cover $12.5K towards IVF. We are planning to do IVF with ICSI in Jan 2017. In the mean time I take a daily prenatal, Coq10, vitamin D and DHA. My RE told me to stockpile Gonal F & Follistim now while I am covered for injectable IUIs for use during IVF in case meds are not covered then. We are also saving up money to do a second round of IVF in 2017 just in case.

Just for fun: like 

View original reply
Aqualov I also really enjoy the springtime! My birthday is in March, so the arrival of the daffodils and crocuses signal spring and the beginning of a new year (for me). I love that everything is growing anew! Also, Easter has the best candy of any holiday 🙂

Really dreading these next 6 months until we can do IVF. I’m beginning to doubt that these IUIs will do anything for me, and debating how many more I should do. My parents don’t get it, my mom just (like 5 min ago) called me because she saw a bassinet on sale and wanted to know if she should get it for me, sigh.

Post # 7
523 posts
Busy bee

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 31/42

How long you have been together/married: 4 years

How long you have been TTC: 15 months

Known Issues/TTC History: Started TTC March 2015 after BC for 10 years, my cycles got longer and longer and in October of 2015 we had our first RE appointment. At that point, typical cycles were 60+ days. Testing showed polycystic ovaries, high AMH (7) but no PCOS diagnosis. DH initial SA was awful, further testing was ok. He consistently has low volume. 1 cycle clomid didn’t work, 3 cycles of letrozole, ovidril trigger, IUI didn’t work. Gave up on RE and found new RE who actually listens. We have started our first (and hopefully only) IVF cycle (I’m on BCP).

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) IVF!!!! I can’t believe how excited I am to just get it over with. I’m tired of planning my life around unknown doctor’s appointments. I’m taking prenatals, magnesium, fish oil, vit d, vit k, and a probiotic. My next appointment is on 7/7 (nurse consult and mock transfer/saline sono) and we can hopefully start stims soon after.

Just for fun: Now that it’s summer it’s been pretty hot where I live and I’m not a fan. I’m more of a springtime weather type of gal. What’s your favorite season and why? Fall because Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I love fall family traditions 

For those of you who asked on the other thread- telling my dad about IVF went fine. He just wanted me to know that he’s there for me which I knew. He wants me to keep thinking positive (thanks dad for the advice lol)

Post # 8
523 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  ugh that’s so hard. If you don’t think that the IUI will work, it’s not worth doing it. There is a thing to the power of positive thinking.

View original reply
Aqualov:  FX for you! I’m hoping you end up with lots of beautiful embryos

Post # 9
969 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age:  31/32

How long you have been together/married: Together for 7.5 years, married almost 4

How long you have been TTC: 2 years on Sunday.  I can’t believe we’re going to reach that milestone.  It SUCKS.

Known Issues/TTC History:  Nothing major.  I have wonky androgen levels, possibly due to Non-Classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia.  But I still ovulate regularly on my own.  DH checks out perfectly fine.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc)  We are ready to start IUI but have to wait until August because our clinic shuts down for cleaning in July.  I should be getting AF any day now and when she shows up I’ll be doing an unmonitored cycle on 100mg of Clomid.  If I can track some down – apparently the pharmacies in my city are experiencing a shortage.

Just for fun: Now that it’s summer it’s been pretty hot where I live and I’m not a fan. I’m more of a springtime weather type of gal. What’s your favorite season and why?  Summer!  The hot weather is our reward for putting up with 6 months of our harsh Canadian winter.

Post # 10
397 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 32, very nearly 33/ DH is 34

How long you have been together/married: married 3 years, together nearly 5

How long you have been TTC: Since October 2013…will be three years soon

Known Issues/TTC History: we’ve got MFI. DH has low numbers and they don’t swim well. We’re on th waiting list for public funded IVF with ISCI. Maybe not called up until closer to Christmas.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) Right in the middle of the TWW right now and dealing with cramping and a bit of spotting…hoping its a super good sign, but probably it’s just my cycle being mean. Just taking vitamins and B-complex and timed BD. 

Just for fun: Now that it’s summer it’s been pretty hot where I live and I’m not a fan. I’m more of a springtime weather type of gal. What’s your favorite season and why?

It’s winter for me here in NZ. I don’t like winter here very much. Cold and wet. I do love spring and summer in NZ though. Never gets too hot and humid. It’s just lovely here.

Post # 11
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age:

30/30

How long you have been together/married:

Together 10 years, married  3.

How long you have been TTC:

21 months, since October 2014

Known Issues/TTC History:

DOR for me, maybe some mild MFI issues.Charted and did TI for a year with one CP in month 5, three rounds of clomid and TI, one letrozole IUI.  First round of IVF cancelled the day before retrieval due to estrogen crash. Second round of IVF gave us 18 eggs, leading to 6 PGS normal  day 5 embryos. First FET led to positive test, but betas didn’t double, and we lost the pregnancy right at 5 weeks. Currently CD10 of miscarriage cycle, and ran blood work for anticardiolipin and antiphospholipid components, both normal, and ran a saline sonogram today to check for new polyps, which I don’t have. RE wanted us to do karyotyping, but says she thinks are just in the extremely unlucky 7% who lose a PGS normal pregnancy.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc):

Once AF arrives, start estrogen for a second FET. I also got some prenatals with folate instead of folic acid, juuuust in case, and I’m trying to work out, keep living life, and stay as sane as possible.

I love fall — scarves and boots and apple picking — so nice!

Post # 12
4998 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
MattieK:  Was just thinking about you! I hope you are feeling a little better. I’m curious, what would karyotyping show you that PGS wouldn’t catch? Something that PGD would? My RE did karyotyping on me after our second failed transfer and it was normal. 

View original reply
mkat37:  My RE thought I might have CAH for a hot second because my progesterone levels were high but he didn’t think I ovulated (I’m pretty sure I did). He tested me for 17-hydroxyprogesterone (I think?), but it was normal.

View original reply
Dreaming13:  Yay for starting stims soon!!

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  YES, stockpile your meds! I did that during my IUIs and probably saved over $1,000 when it came time for IVF.

View original reply
MrsR4ever:  Good luck with your embryo report tomorrow!

View original reply
Aqualov:  So excited for you!!! I REALLY hope this cycle works well!!!

AFM, 4dp5dt, trying to keep my sh!t together!

Post # 13
4998 posts
Honey bee

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 30 (31 next Wednesday!)/40

How long you have been together/married: 8 years/3 years

How long you have been TTC: 2-3 years

Known Issues/TTC History: I have hypothalamic amenorrhea, tried to get my period back for a little over a year before we really started trying (hence the 2-3 years above). Started seeing an RE in January 2015 and learned we also have MFI. We tried 3 IUIs, 2 were cancelled and one BFN. Started IVF in November 2015 – three embryos, two transfers, two BFNs. Did IVF round 2 in April 2016, got 12 embryos, 6 PGS normals. We just transferred a 6AA blast on Friday, so I am now PUPO.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: Hopefully being pregnant!!!

Just for fun: Now that it’s summer it’s been pretty hot where I live and I’m not a fan. I’m more of a springtime weather type of gal. What’s your favorite season and why? I like fall because I love the clothes and cooler weather without it being too cold. And the leaves are beautiful where we live!

Post # 14
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 32/31

How long have you been together/married:  five years together/married for 3 

How long have you been TTC: ttc for #2 since August 

Known issues/TTC history: diagnosed with severe MFI (super low count)  in summer 2013. Conceived DS miraculously just days before IVF consult in January 2014. Been TTC naturally for the most part since this past August. Tried one medicated IUI in January but with a post wash count of 800k, I figured we should just save our money for ICSI. I also have some progesterone/short LP things going on so I have been taking progesterone after ovulation every month while we try naturally. Our first IVF cycle is set to begin Aug 29.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: IVF end of August 

Favourite season and why? Love fall. Love the colours and the cozy feeling that fall evokes 🙂 

Post # 15
109 posts
Blushing bee

ROLL CALL Your Age/Partner’s Age: 38/41

How long you have been together/married: 20/2

How long you have been TTC: 15 months

Known Issues/TTC History: Tried on our own for 6 months and Clomid for 4 months. Doctor sent me to do an HSG but my cervix was to narrow to preform the test. Doctor recommended that I go to an RE. RE ran tests and recommeded IVF. 

Your TTC plans for the next few months: Our transfer date is July 8th! I am taking prenatals, aspirin, dha, vitamin d and estrace. I start progesterone on Sunday and am anxious because I don’t know how much it’s going to hurt. I have an appointment tomorrow and am hoping everything checks out fine. 

Just for fun: Fall is my favorite season. I love the cooler weather and that smell in the air that tells you fall is here.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility – Part 28’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors