(Closed) 1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility – Part 28

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 632
523 posts
Busy bee

I can’t share this with anyone else so I’m putting it here- IF I get pregnant with either frostie (I have 2, transferring 1 at a time) and IF everything with DH continues to fall into place, our world will blow up in the spring/early summer- DH is looking at a major job transfer including a move to we don’t know where. New job/major move/baby born within a 4-6 week time span! I can’t imagine moving really pregnant or with a tiny newborn. DH says not to change any plans because it’s too many unknowns but the planner in me is already bugging out. 

18+ months of trying to have a baby and 2 years of talking about this job change and they will probably happen at the same time! 

Post # 633
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

MissCountryGirl727 :  thank you!  I’m sorry your mom is bugging you, that’s one reason why I’m happy we didn’t tell anyone about treatment.  The support is not worth the extra crazy, lol. But hopefully you have good news for her soon!

BeverlyGeese :  Hopefully the testosterone is the worst of it! I get the anxiety though,  its not just about the injections,  starting  stims is so loaded.  I’m really excited for you though,  and those 43 injections will fly by! No more betas for me,  first ultrasound next Monday to make sure there’s something there,  and where it should be.  I used my last wondfo today though,  and it is getting darker, so I’m cautiously optimistic for next Monday. Now I just have to not buy more tests before then!

rusticgirl :  thank you πŸ™‚

Aqualov :  thank you!  I stalked the preg after loss/infertility board for your update,  I’m so happy to see you getting good news! 

View original reply
Turtle83 :  thank you!  No more betas, just ultrasound next Monday, eep!

View original reply
Dreaming13 :  wow,  that’s a lot of stress!  Just remember there are a ton of unknowns, and even if stressful, wouldn’t moving/starting a new job be better with a tiny squishy baby than without a baby? I’m a planner too, but if infertility had taught me anything,  it’s that the best time to have a baby is whenever I have the opportunity to! FX for the best kind of craziness for you!

Post # 634
3875 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
debinoxford :  we just started using softcups a couple months ago and I really like them! They haven’t worked for us but now I use them for my period now too as I find them nicer than tampons. Also I think the post- BD spillage is totally normal. 

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727 :  eek good luck! That’s so nerve/racking that your mom keep checking in. That’s like when DH used to ask me “did you test and was it positive?” all the time. Like dude, I would NOT be able to keep that in and he would be the first to know!

View original reply
BeverlyGeese :  excited for you!

AFM we had out appt with our doctor and nurse today to discuss all of our test results and come up with a treatment plan. All my numbers were great thankfully. We decided to go straight to IVF and they gave me a birth control prescription which I have to start taking when AF comes in a couple weeks. We submitted the paperwork to our insurance so we will find out in a week or two if they will allow us to go straight to IVF. There is a good chance they will make us try IUI first though.

The doctor also told us that there is the option of using s a laser to make a slit in your uterine lining to help the egg implant. I forgot what the name of this procedure is, but I think it’s done during retrieval. Anyone have this done or know about it?

Post # 635
397 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Thanks for all the replies, ladies. It’s good to know it’s normal for post-sex to be super messy. It feels like a such a waste sometimes. Not sure if we’re going to try the softcups, we’ve got one cycle before my mom comes to visit, so i don’t even know if I want to bother trying this time. 

Post # 636
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
hollyberry4 :  congrats on getting started with IVF! It’s a daunting prospect, but exciting as well! I’ve never heard of the procedure you mentioned,  does the doctor think you’ll have particular trouble with implantation?  It’s interesting,  especially since I had read that if a doctor accidentally transfers the embryo within the endometrial lining instead of on top,  that implantation rates are reduced.  I wonder how this would differ? Either way,  congrats on getting started,  and good luck! 

Post # 637
464 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727 :  Hanging in there? Still have my fingers super crossed for you! What’s your plan? Are you waiting to see if (when) you miss your period to test?

Post # 638
3563 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
Turtle83 :  
View original reply
MattieK :  
View original reply
hollyberry4 :  Thanks! 

View original reply
alove2 :  Yes, hanging in there.  Thanks! I figured I’d wait for AF to show or not and then test.  I’ve seen enough BFNs. 

I am not feeling very hopeful anymore.  This morning I had some light pink discharge when I wiped and my heart sank.  Usually AF shows up full force, and she’s not supposed to show till Friday. So right now I’m conflicted between feeling like AF is 2 days early and playing games, or holding on to a shred of hope that it’s a late implantation spotting.  Including today, it’s been 14 days since the Ovidrel shot, 13dpiui.  I guess I’ll be spending most of my day in and out of the bathroom checking for AF. FML.

Post # 639
464 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727 :  Don’t lose hope! Pink discharge isn’t AF, and for me the spotting before she shows is dark. I’m still hoping for you!

Post # 640
3563 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
alove2 :  Thanks, but she didn’t take long to show. 

I’m out.  AF started so IUI #1 failed and even though I really feel like I did a good job not letting my expectations get too high this cycle, I still feel so defeated.  Timing will not work out for this cycle to try again, so we’re looking at hopefully end of September/early October for IUI#2.  I’m hoping taking a break for this cycle from it all will be a good thing for me.  I always thought I was very strong emotionally, but this shit kills me every month.  I honestly don’t know how most of you are handling failed IVFs, and continuing on to keep trying.  I feel broken already and I’m not even dealing with half the stuff y’all are.  Sending you all good luck and positive vibes for whatever you’re going through today!

Post # 641
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727 :  I’m so sorry! It is just so unfair. I know what you mean – I tried to keep my expectations in check during my IUIs, but each time AF showed I felt like I had been punched in the gut. Hopefully the next round will work!

View original reply
hollyberry4 :  Congratulations on getting started with IVF! I’ve never heard about using a laser to prime for implanantation, but it sure sounds cool! My doctor does and “endometrial scratch” about a month before the transfer and then transfers the embryo directly into the uterine lining, but what your’re describing sounds a bit different. It sounds good! I hope your insurance lets you go straight to IVF. If not, hopefully you can just bang out the IUIs and be doing IVF early in the new year. Or maybe you’ll be one of the lucky few where IUI actually works!

AFM, I’m still riding out my post-MC cycle. I thought AF was starting this morning (I had some pink spotting) but nothing else has happened since then. If AF shows up this week, I *might* be able to convince my clinic to move my transfer date a bit earlier, maybe even late October. Fingers crossed! Waiting (and waiting and waiting) is brutal!

Post # 642
2427 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
Aqualov :  
View original reply
Turtle83 :  Thanks, ladies! As fellow DOR friends, you KNOW how ridiculous this AFC is. I still feel like I’m living a dream and really hoping that a decent amount are still growing.

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727 :  I’m so sorry this IUI was not your golden ticket. Be kind to yourself. 

View original reply
hollyberry4 :  Thank you! Good luck with your upcoming IVF and I hope insurance covers it!

View original reply
MattieK :  Haha! I refused to buy tests recently too. Although I will admit I did crack and bought a new box of FRER so that my husband can be home with me when I test before betas after trasnfer. If we ever get there! I can’t wait to hear about your US. I’ll be stalking the P after MC/IF boards for SURE!!!!

AFM, stims are going ok. 12 down and my first monitoring is Saturday. Fingers crossed everyting continues to grow. I seem to already be having a lot of discomfort in my ovaries (thank you many follicles and back to back stims) and much more tenderness in my stomach. I can’t seem to do one injection without bleeding or bruising badly….hmph! Oh well, it will be worth it!

Post # 643
969 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
hollyberry4 :  i hope your insurance comes through! I know some people who have wanted to try IUI but insurance would only approve IVF so you never know!

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727 :  I’m so your IUI didn’t work out. This is so unfair. Sending you lots of love.

View original reply
BeverlyGeese :  go ovaries, go!! I hope everything looks great on saturday!

AFM, IUI was yesterday. I had 4 big follicles and DH had 7.1 million sperm post wash. Praying that one or two of them stick! Beta is on September 1st and I don’t want to wish away the rest of my summer but I’m already feeling impatient.

Post # 644
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Hey bees, just a quick update before my Ambien kicks in for the night!  We’ve been interviewing potential surrogates, and I think we found our match tonight!  I hope they like us, too!  This process is like online dating all over again… πŸ™‚

Anyway, hopefully we’ll hear from the agency soon with an answer!  Egg retrieval is scheduled around Sept 14, so would be great to have a surro ready for transfer shortly thereafter!  FX!

Post # 645
4998 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
Dreaming13 :  My husband is finishing his MBA in December and will be on the job market across the country, and I’m due in March! He is the same way, saying we could move with a newborn and not to worry about it. Honestly I’ve been so wrapped up in IVF and now the excitement/anxiety of early pregnancy, that I hardly care. As long as our little guy is healthy, it doesn’t matter where we are. You’ll be fine! I know it’s hard, but I would try to let your DH worry about that part of things and you worry about baking your little frostie! Good luck!

View original reply
BeverlyGeese :  Cheering for you!! Make sure you’re icing before and after the shot!

Hi ladies! I’m still reading your updates and keeping my fingers crossed for all of you! We graduated from the RE and saw the OB last week, and our little boy (!!!) looks good! 2.5 more weeks until we are in the second trimester, but who’s counting? 😊 

Post # 646
523 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727 :  Sorry about IUI #1!

View original reply
rusticgirl :  Hope your wait goes quickly! I’m with you on the tired of waiting part but when things are moving forward, the anxiety and stress comes back again…

View original reply
mrsdanish :  FX this is the one!

View original reply
BeverlyGeese :  Ice worked for me too. My (unique) wish for you- May your ovaries be filled with 17 beautifully growing follicles and you end up with more frosties than I have πŸ™‚

View original reply
RunnerBride13 :  Congratulations on your baby BOY!!!!!! You give me hope. Moving would suck but it is what it is… I’m calmer now, more excited than anxious about the job situation. I’ve already decided that I’m going to declutter/minimize our junk ASAP because we will probably be moving within the next 6-10 months due to either a baby or the job (current place is too small). DH and I never tossed duplicates (he is a “just in case” kind of person) when we moved in together over 3 years ago and that’s probably a good place to start lol 

CD 1 today, meds on hand for FET, baseline monitoring tomorrow with plan to start estrodiol. Transfer tentatively scheduled for 9/3 (based on lining), assuming beta will be 9/12. The fear that this isn’t going to work is paralyzing at times. It’s 25 days, not even a month to wait for my answer!

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility – Part 28’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors