(Closed) 1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility – Part 28

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 647
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Sorry I’ve been MIA. I was traveling for the last week, and am back to my life today. Also CD1 today, so I called the doctor’s office. I should be starting birth control tomorrow. So I guess we’re really doing this IVF thing… no last minute mircale for me.

Post # 648
3859 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

vanike :  I’m just 2 weeks behind you! AF should be here in 14 days then it’s starting BC for me! It will be weird going through the BC cycle knowing there REALLY is no chance for pregnancy that cycle. Might be a nice welcome break from anxiety and false hope actually!

Post # 649
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

vanike :   hollyberry4 :  Good luck for both of you on the IVF! That is exciting. Do either of you have target days scheduled for the ER? How long will you be on BC?

Post # 650
2419 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

mkat37 :  Thank you! And 4!!! I am sending lots of luck your way that one of those little guys fertilizes and nuzzles right in. Keep me posted!

RunnerBride13 :  Dreaming13 :  I always ice for 20ish minutes prior to injection while I let the meds come to room temp. Darling Husband has been traveling for work and I’ve had to inject myself, so I’m not sure if it is that (I super freak out) or if the testosterone has thinned my blood a bit (I bled badly with my baseline blood draw too). Either way, I hope you are right and that I have 17 beautiful follicles growing right now too πŸ™‚ XOXO

vanike :  CD1!! Bring on IVF πŸ™‚ Hope you had a great trip!!!

hollyberry4 :  So soon, I hope these next few weeks fly by for you too.

Post # 651
203 posts
Helper bee

I haven’t roll called yet , I plan to with the next thread . Just wanted to pop in and say I’ll be starting my birth control for IVF when AF comes next week . As much as it sucks I am glad there will be a few of you going through the process close to mine ! I feel so alone in this in my everyday , I don’t know one person who has been through IVF . 

vanike :   hollyberry4 :  

Post # 652
1601 posts
Bumble bee

Hugs to all—I’ve been reading through the last few pages of updates. Thinking of you all and hope you have a fantastic weekend!! πŸ™‚ I’ve missed this thread….

Post # 653
3859 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

rusticgirl :  none yet! Still trying to figure out how to schedule everything around a trip to NM for a wedding that will be in early October! May have to extend BC for a couple weeks… Boo. 

Colormepink :  yay we will be very close in our timeline! I don’t know anyone else in real life going through it either. But you are definitely not alone!

Does anyone know of or follow any good infertility blogs? I’d love to start reading some.

Post # 654
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

hollyberry4 :  There is a huge community on Instagram and several of the girls I follow on there have blogs- trying to think of their blog names though. In Due Time, Waiting for Baby Bird, She Has Good Genes, journey to three, anchor of hopes are some I can think of. I mostly follow their updates on Instagram but will read their blogs for more details sometimes. I have a ttc insta account if you are on there! 

Post # 655
229 posts
Helper bee

I haven’t posted much I know, but I am reading along and glad to see so many successes happening recently! 

I am going in for a lining check on Tuesday and hopefully will have my transfer 8/29 or 8/31. Question for frozen transfers- I will still need estrogen support after transfer right? I used patches (estridol?) after my last transfer but my nurse didn’t put those in my order this time. Not sure if she’s waiting to do those in a separate order or if I won’t need them this time… ?

Post # 656
851 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

MrsLondon :  I was/am on estrace tablets post (and pre) FET, and was told I would be on them until 8 weeks. Maybe give your nurse a call? Better safe than sorry!

Post # 657
523 posts
Busy bee

MrsLondon :  I’m going to be right behind you! My transfer is going to be 9/3 or 9/4. I will continue estrogen support after transfer (and PIO) according to my calendar. I’m on oral estrodiol at this point. PM me if you want to chat/vent. 

weightwatchers152 :  How are you feeling??

Post # 658
229 posts
Helper bee

MattieK :  Oh duh I didn’t realize that the Estrace would continue after the FET. I am on that currently, so that would make sense. I will definitely ask at my appointment on Tuesday. I wonder why there is a change in the way you get estrogen in a frozen vs fresh cycle? I won’t be mad if I don’t have to do the patches they left black residue all over my stomach! 

Dreaming13 :  so exciting! I am ready to be PUPO but not wanting to go through the TWW. I can’t remember is this your first transfer? I am already having anxiety over this one failing too :/ I need to get myself in a more positive place. 

Post # 659
523 posts
Busy bee

MrsLondon :  First transfer because we did PGS testing. I have 2 good frosties. I’m having anxiety too. I’m counting down the days till beta and trying to imagine a positive pregnancy test. I’m ready to be moving “forward” again. Are your’s PGS tested?

Post # 660
851 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

MrsLondon :  I don’t know, I was also on patches for the fresh transfer (which we ended up not doing), but the tablets are way better, the patches gave me a huge welt that left a scar. Not cool. I’m glad to see y ou have your answer though!

Post # 661
229 posts
Helper bee

Dreaming13 :  unfortunately no, ours aren’t PGS tested which makes me more nervous for another failure. We had the option of doing it but we had to decide before our cycle began. So we had no idea of how many embryos I would get and we are paying totally out of pocket so that adds $5K onto the price. I’m also relatively young (27) with no known issues so we didn’t think it was super necessary at this point. But now that my dr saw some ‘red flags’ in terms of egg quality I wish we would have done it. Hopefully statistics will be on my side for once and the one we already transferred was the abnormal one out of the lot and the rest are good. 

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility – Part 28’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors