(Closed) 1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility– Part 29

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 541
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
BeeinBoston :  Sounds like things are progressing nicely!  I also had my retrieval on our anniversary!  Not exactly the most fun we’ve ever had celebrating, but at least it’s memorable! 🙂 

Post # 543
203 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
hollyberry4 :  I know I haven’t posted much , just got a new puppy so she has taken up so much time . I just had egg retrieval yesterday. I wanted to answer your question because I know how freaked out I was when I got AF while on stims . I stopped birth control on a Monday started my stims on a Friday and by Saturday I had heavy bleeding . The bleeding lasted until day 6 of stims ! My doctor told me it was perfectly okay and that once my estrogen started rising it would stop . It did not effect my lining either . 

Post # 545
203 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
hollyberry4 :  She is a German Shepherd , she’s adorable and really smart but man this energy she has !! I was really embarrassed yesterday when I woke up from anesthesia after egg retrieval I asked if she had to go out to pee lol . 

Post # 546
1300 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
Colormepink :  oh my goodness what a cute pup!

Post # 548
2309 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
Colormepink :  OMG! She is so cute! You are going to have your hands full with a puppy and a newborn. 

Post # 549
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Hi everyone! I’m just checking in. I’m sorry I don’t have time to individually reply, but know that I’ve been reading along and am cheering each of you on.

Post # 550
1300 posts
Bumble bee

For those who have had retrieval? How did you feel the next day? I’m wondering if I should take the next day off. I would have to do it now before I have too many clients scheduled (I’m an esthetician) 

Post # 551
203 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
BeeinBoston :  
View original reply
Prettysmile40 :  Thank you ! 

View original reply
BeeinBoston :  Today is the day after retrieval for me and I’m still really sore .My brother is here helping me with my dogs as walking is still uncomfortable . I would play it safe and take off . 

View original reply
hollyberry4 :  Retrieval went well thank you for asking . I was on a pretty low dose and we got 14 eggs . Just got a call today from my doc and 100% fertilized with ICSI , 1 abnormal so we have 13 now . Our issue was male factor so we had to do ICSI . He’s thinking Tuesday will be the transfer so hopefully ! I feel like once I started the stims it just flew by ! 

Post # 552
1300 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Colormepink :  sounds like everything went really well. Fingers crossed for you 

Post # 553
2427 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes, texts, emails etc! The transfer yesterday went smoothly! The embryo thawed beautifully and was re-expanding perfectly (photo was before it had finished expanding a few hours prior to transfer, so you can’t see the ICM yet). My RE was very pleased with how things looked and the transfer itself was super easy. It was unbelieveable to be able to see the embryo actually placed in my uterus! 

IMAG2455

View original reply
BeeinBoston :  My clinic only does day 5 transfers (so retreival is day “0” and transfer would happen 5 days later). I know some clinics still do a 3 day transfer. I wouldn’t have booked anything for that Saturday if it were me, because 1) you could end up stimming longer, 2) I felt like shit after my retrievals and can’t imagine a spa day within a few days, and 3) the odds that you will be transferring that weekend are high… I would definitely plan on taking the next day off. I was couch bound for around 3-4 days after my retrievals and glad I didn’t push myself. Especially if you are planning a fresh transfer, you want to make sure to take care of your body.

View original reply
hollyberry4 :  I got full on AF both times, it is normal. The drop in hormones happens regardless since your body was without BCP for a few days. My first retrieval I spotted the entire 2 weeks on BCP and then still had a 2-3 day period. My clinic says to expect bleeding, and it may be different than normal, but not to worry. Second cycle I actually started bleeding at the same time as starting stims. All was good!

View original reply
Colormepink :  So cute! Great retrieval numbers, and espeically fertilization rate! I’ll be thinking of you and hope all continue to grow well.

Post # 554
2309 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
BeverlyGeese :  Thanks for the pic. I always wonder what they look like so this helps. 🙂 I hope you end up with a baby at the end of this so keep us posted. 

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility– Part 29’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors