(Closed) 1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility– Part 29

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 571
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
hollyberry4 :  Oh boy. Are you putting pressure on the area right after injection? I found that helped ease the bruising. Also, I found doing them in my upper thigh instead of the stomach area was easier on my body. I got one bruise out of a total 37 injections, and the area wasn’t sensitive after unlike when I used my belly for a total of 5 injections during IUIs.

Post # 572
2309 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
hollyberry4 :  ouch! I hope things get better for you.

Post # 573
2427 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
arielmerms :  Thanky You! Hope you are doing well 🙂

View original reply
hollyberry4 :  It looks like you probably hit a vein/blood vessel. I had a LOT of bruising my second retreival, but chalked that up to back to back cycles and my body just not wanting any more injections. I would recommend icing for awhile first, and pressing down on your skin right next to the needle when you remove it. Did it bleed when you removed the needle or was just the bruise there? I echo PP and make sure you aren’t taking any NSAIDS. Hopefully today goes better for you!

Post # 575
1300 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

My update: 

I just got my results back from my ultrasound and just wanted to see if any of you bees had any feedback. I only have three measurable follicles on my left. They measure 14, 13.5 and 13 she did say there’s smaller ones too but those numbers sound disappointing to me. My right she said had 11 measuring 14 to 22. I take my trigger shot tonight at 9:30 and then my retrieval is 8:30 am on Tuesday. 

Post # 576
2427 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
BeeinBoston :  I was worried until I read that you had 11 measuring well on your right! I think its funny, sometimes it seems like women have a “dominant” ovary, which it seems like carries the load of good follicles. My first retrieval I only had 2 measuring on my left and about 6 on the right, until the day before trigger when a few more popped up on the left (albeit tiny). It’s possible some could be hiding or that those you already can see on the left will produce a mature egg. I would trust your RE at this point, you don’t want your 22 to get too mature and produce an atretic egg. Best of luck, I’ll be sending good vibes your way!

Post # 577
1300 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
BeverlyGeese :  thanks! Nurse did say there were a few smaller eggs on left side as well. It’s weird because I feel more pain on my left side. 

I do wonder why they aren’t doing my retrieval until Tuesday if they are having me trigger tonight. I guess I just thought it was a 24 hour thing. 

Another question I have that I forgot to ask the nurse is about my husbands sperm. We haven’t had sex since Wednesday. If he gives a sample on Tuesday will the sperm be too old? 

Post # 578
2427 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
BeeinBoston :  I would call regarding the sperm issue. We had a totally different situation (low volume and counts) so for us, even if DH abstained for 5-6 days (which it was during our second retrieval) his counts were better than with 2 days. IVF isn’t as important as counts for IUI, since they can always default to ICSI if the sample is not ideal. My understanding is that they wash the sperm, and put a select amount (like 100,000) in with each egg if doing regular fertilization. I wouldn’t stress too much if it were me.

As far as trigger, IVF is always scheduled 35 hours after trigger shot is given – if done at the appropriate time, trigger should induce ovulation 36 hours after injection. With IVF, you don’t want to wait too long or you could miss some of the eggs as they ovulate from the follicles. 24 hours is likely not enough time for the final meiosis process to take place and for the eggs to be ready to retrieve.

Post # 579
1300 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
BeverlyGeese :  thank you! Your knowledge is so helpful 

Post # 581
799 posts
Busy bee

Of course my period came late when it’s time to start IVF cycle.  Ugh, I have CD3 blood and ultrasound scheduled for Wednesday.  So

View original reply
WillowB :  I’m 2 weeks behind you now, instead of 1.

Post # 582
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - tbd

Long time lurker. Since we start ivf in less than a month I might as well roll call.  I’ve only told my sisters and a few friends that we’re trying just incase we don’t succeed. 

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 33/35

How long you have been together/married: 4/1

How long you have been TTC: I’ll say N/A on this question. Read next answer. 

Known Issues/TTC History: Me – tubal after my second child with my first husband. Husband – tested fine. 

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc): I’m on birth control now, I start stims November 3 for ivf.

So full story. Had 2 wonderful kids worth my first husband. He didn’t help much so I said 2 is enough. He left me for someone else. A few years later I meet my current husband. He has no kids and is great with my two. We’re trying the ivf route because we only want one more. 

I’m scared of needles but after reading all of the posts I feel much calmer about this process. 

We start stims November 3. We’re going to do no testing and transfer a 5 day blast. Our clinic cannot test and transfer in the same cycle. They also only do 4 cycles a year. 

Interesting info. If this works the first try (fingers crossed), all 3 of my kids will have very close birthdays. Currently my kids and I’s birthdays are within a week of each other. 

Post # 583
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
CamoPrincess :  Welcome! 

Sorry for the mostly drive by post- had a lining check this morning that didn’t go so well. It’s only 5.9 and not trilaminar yet so transfer is postponed for now at least a week. I’m sad and frustrated. The amount of estrogen my RE had me on this time didn’t seem to be nearly enough, especially compared to last cycle. I was taking 2mg of estrae 6x/day last time and 2mg 2x/day and one estrogen patch this time. Idk. My RE is upping me to 2 patches. My E2 is at 362 so he thinks my lining just needs a little more time. Hope he’s right! In the mean time, I’m just sad and frustrated. Here I am spending every dollar I have on acupuncture, castor oil, pom juice, and of course all the meds and for what? Just so over it all. It’s been almost 3 years and I’m still doing this. Grrr.

Hope everyone else is having a better day!

Post # 584
2309 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
Kabatchy2be :  Oh no! I am sorry to hear of your struggles. Hang in there and know that I bet this will all eventaully be a distant memory. Stay strong! 

Post # 585
1300 posts
Bumble bee

Had my retrieval today. We got 12 eggs. I’m not too sore but the anesthesia left me dizzy and nauseous for a while. My transfer will be either Friday or Sunday but most likely Sunday. Hopefully the doctor calls tomorrow with good news about healthy growing embryos.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility– Part 29’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors