(Closed) 1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility– Part 29

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 721
799 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Kabatchy2be :  It was easy peasy…nothing to it. Huge relief. I just got the dose ready and didn’t waste any time. I’m hoping the Follistim and Menopur will be just as easy! When is your beta?

Post # 722
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Prettysmile40 :  we are twinning . I’m triggering tonight and ER on Weds as well!  🙂 

Post # 723
2304 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

WillowB :  Funny! Good luck. I hope they get lots of good eggs. 

Post # 724
1601 posts
Bumble bee

Happy Halloween ladies!! 🎃🎃🎃 Hope everyone is having a great day! Wishing those ladies with upcoming egg retrievals a great procedure and an even better fertilization report! 🙂

Post # 725
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

WillowB :   Prettysmile40 :  Happy Trigger Day, ladies!

soontobemrs1011 :  All the sub-q’s are pretty easy.  The Follistim pen always worked well for me.  Just a heads-up, the Menopur burns a little bit once you start injecting (it sounds like this is a pretty common thing, based on my googling after my first Menopur injection!).  Another bee here suggested letting the Menopur sit for a few minutes after mixing before injecting, and that seemed to help a bit.  I also injected it in slower, small bursts.  Nothing excruciating, but definitely a little sting!

Post # 726
2304 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

mrsdanish :  Thanks. I am done with injections so am glad tonite is the end of it (for now anyway). 

Post # 727
799 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

mrsdanish :  Good to know!  I’ll eventually be doing PIO shots, and I’ve been forewarned about them.  So I’ll just take these easier ones now and be grateful for the time being!

Post # 728
523 posts
Busy bee

soontobemrs1011 :  PIO was just a pain in the ass- literally. My butt was sore at the injection sites and sometimes bruised. It was annoying because Darling Husband needed to do it (I couldn’t reach) and you have to ice before and then heat helped after but Darling Husband travels for work and I’m not always home to have access to ice/heat… just annoying. I will happily do it for 10 weeks if I actually get pregnant but it’s not a fun one. Glad the SQ ones were easy.

I might have access to health insurance starting 1/1 that includes IVF coverage after paying out of pocket for our first cycle. Strongly considering a second retrieval IF it’s covered at my current doctor before a second FET. That’s like a $12,000 bonus (meds + stim cycle) for 2017! It would mean delaying transfer for 6-ish weeks. I’m guessing we would still do FET after retrieval cycle not fresh. But how could I turn that opportunity down?

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility– Part 29’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors