(Closed) 1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility– Part 29

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 767
2305 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

hollyberry4 :  I’m really sorry you got a BFN & have to start over with someone new. πŸ™ 

Post # 771
1601 posts
Bumble bee

Kabatchy2be :  How are you today?

hollyberry4 :  How are you doing today? Thinking of you. 

AFM, I have my first u/s and b/w on Thursday. Estrogen is going ok, easier than I thought at nighttime. I have very little medication leaking out so I hope that’s a good thing. I want to call my clinic and make sure I don’t need a full bladder on Thursday morning. 

Later today I am having some dental work. Want to get it out of the way before transfer. 

Have a great day, ladies! πŸ™‚

Post # 772
30 posts
Newbee

I just need to vent! I had my first infertility appointment about 1.5 weeks ago. We found out that we are going to have insurance issues with any treatment we may need. Our insurance will change Jan 1, 2017. Until then, our insurance will cover any infertility diagnostics and/or treatments with a $10,000 lifetime max. We just found out that the new insurance, which is the only plan available for the union my husband is in, only pays for the diagnosis and treatment of any underlying cause of infertility. It doesn’t cover any IUI’s, IVF treatments, or any kind of fertility medications needed for those procedures. I’m so nervous to possibly be given a diagnosis of unexplained infertility, meaning there wouldn’t be anything that we could do unless we wanted to pay out of pocket. If I don’t get pregnant this cycle, we will only have time for one IUI cycle before our insurance changes. I feel so discouraged with all of this. I’m trying to stay positive, but it is so much easier said than done. Is there anyone with insurance that doesn’t cover fertility treatments that can offer some advice on how to handle this situation? Is there anything else I can do?

Post # 774
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone. Beta officially negative. I’m meeting with the new doctor next week and will hopefully come up with a new plan (he’s a highly reputable doctor at my current clinic). We are out of embryos so we have to start from scratch. I’m sad and frustrated that all our money, time and needle pokes have resulted in nothing thus far but there’s nothing left to do but move forward. 

hollyberry4 :  Good luck today.. thoughts are with you!

weightwatchers152 :  Glad things are going well for you so far!

Post # 775
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

mrsh513 :  my insurance only covers 50% of diagnosing. It doesn’t cover anything else., no meds, no IUI, no IVF. We are unexplained.

We used our savings to pay for 4 IUIs. We took some time in between IUI cycles to save some money/recover the money we lost. We used first steps program which gave some discount in meds for the IUIs. 

For the IVF, we waited about 10 months which allowed us to pay off some debt and save a bit of money. Then we literally emptied our bank account to pay for IVF, meds,  and hysteroscopy. We only had a few hundred left in our accounts. Some people take out loans. We called our credit card companies to lower interest rates on our cards and increase the maximums just in case. Thankfully, we didn’t need to rely on them. We used compassionate care and first steps for some discounts, and some ladies were gracious enough to pay it forward with their meds. 

Post # 776
2420 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

hollyberry4 :  Thinking of you today, friend.

Kabatchy2be :  Hugs as always. I hope today is better than yesterday. Xoxo

mrsh513 :  My insurance covers some diagnostics and 50% of infertility meds once I hit my deductible ($1500). Unbeknownst to me during the “planning” process, after I hit my out of pocket max ($2k) ALL meds have been covered 100%. 

Like vanike : we did 6 IUI that we just paid as we went along (about $750/each). When all failed and we knew IVF was our next step, we decided to take some time to save money. I also applied for some grants – unfortunately we did not reveive any. Going into our IVF, we knew the odds of success were slim and that my cost of meds were estimated around $10k to start. We paid around $12k for the first retrieval cycle and $2k in meds, and got 1 embryo. Luckily, we had worked our ass off to save enough to cover the meds entirely and since we had some “leftover” funds in our IVF savings, we opted to do a second retrieval immediately as all of my meds were now covered 100%.

IF is so unfair, not only for the emotions and heartache, but the planning and financial aspects of it all too. Our first FET failed, and we are getting ready to start a second one soon – so I am in the process of ordering all of my meds (and any “refills” I have left for stim meds too) since they are covered. Has your RE given you a dx/treatment plan? Since your insurance is covering through Dec 31, would you consider doing IVF sooner if time allows – before the end of the year when things can be covered? If not, I would look into what your deductible and OOP max are – if low enough you might benefit similarly to how I have this year. Otherwise, as PP mentioned, look into compassionate care progrmas, shared risk situations that your RE might offer, and applying for fertility grants. I know it is not necessarily what you want to hear, but knowing this information now vs later gives you time and flexibility to plan and save accordingly. Personally, I was more comfortable with our decision to put TTC on hold for 4 months when we were actively trying to save/had a plan. Best of luck. 

Post # 778
2420 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

hollyberry4 :  FET cycles are generally fairly quick – it’s likely that if they won’t require you a break you can start upon the arrival of CD 1. For my “schedule” the first FET – I started estrogen cd2 for 13 days and then had a lining check. Had all looked good, I would have started progesterone/medrol/antibiotics etc and transferred 5 days later. It’s possible that you could have another transfer at the beginning of Decemeber if you jump right in! FWIW, my second FET protocol is similar, but with the addition of a lot more meds. We also know that I didn’t respond well the first time and was on estrogen around 30 days instead of just 13….so this time we are prepared to push transfer back if needed. Right now I start meds next Wed 11/16 and tentative transfer is 12/5.

I’ll start a new thread πŸ™‚ I was just thinking about that and could use the luck!

Post # 779
1639 posts
Bumble bee

BeverlyGeese :  Gah! You beat me. I was going to volunteer to post a new thread!

Post # 780
1639 posts
Bumble bee

hollyberry4 :  I just started meds yesterday 11/7/16 (but those are for a cyst). I start the other FET meds on 11/17, and tentative transfer date is 12/6.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility– Part 29’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors