(Closed) 1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility– Part 29

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 783
30 posts
Newbee

hollyberry4 :  Firstly, I’m so sorry about your CP. Hugs to you! I completely agree that it is ridiculous. I live in Illinois, which is one of the states that require insurance companies to cover infertility treatments, but the insurance company through my husband’s union is self-funded by the company he works for meaning they don’t have to follow state-guidelines. I know that there are different payment plans and options through my clinic, but since I just had my first appointment about a week ago, I haven’t sat down with them to discuss all of the financial options yet, but I definitely am going to call them and see if we can jump start the process since we’re running out of time with our insurance coverage.

vanike :  Thank you so much for the info! I will definitely look into the first steps program and compassionate care. Right now we are saving as much money as we can, so hopefully that will help us a little.

BeverlyGeese :  What kind of grants did you apply for? It is completely unfair. I feel like it gets harder and harder by the day and as if the IF aspect of it isn’t bad enough, I feel like we are backed up against a wall when it comes to insurance coverage. I just wish I understood why some insurance companies choose not to offer coverage. I had my first RE appt. Oct 25. At that point she told me to call day 1 of my next cycle to come in for lab work and any testing, which will probably be in about 1.5 weeks. Our first appt. was really just an informative consultation, although it does seem to me that the original plan was to start with an IUI cycle. If time allows, I would consider IVF sooner. I am planning to call my RE’s office to explain the insurance situation and see if we can get started on everything a little bit sooner. I really appreciate the info. I’m glad to have a place to turn to with all of these questions so we can be prepared for when we need to make decisions about treatments later. Thank you!

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC/TTC with Infertility– Part 29’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors