(Closed) 1 Year Wedding Anniversary…I don’t know what to do!

posted 6 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

@Whitanella:  My anniversary is two weeks from today!  Do you want to go with the traditional “paper” theme?  I found a really cute print on Etsy that is perfect as it is symbolic of our name and a song we played on our wedding.  Do you have a favorite moment from your wedding?  I started a thread last week about 1st anniversaries and there were some fun ideas there.  Maybe you could print a wedding photo of you–his bride–and frame it in a frame that your husband would like?  Or do you have a ticket stub or something on some form of paper that means a lot from this first year of marriage that you could frame? 

Post # 4
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@cafegirl, we have the same anniversary!  I have some boudoir photos, but I’m not sure what to do with them… I mean, should I find a tasteful one to display in the bedroom?  Or should I make a private photo album for him with them?  Not sure…. 

Post # 5
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

@AnnaS:  You could make him a photobook on MyPublisher. It’s super easy and they always have specials going on.

Post # 7
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I saw a really cute idea on pinterest where you take a deck of cards and make them into 52 things i love about you. We always end up buying cards when we travel because we forget to pack them. i havent decided if i would hand write the things or pretty them up on the computer.

Post # 8
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

@Whitanella:  I love the idea of printing your wedding song and framing it!  That sounds simple, beautiful, and meaningful.    Do you have any ideas as to what you’ll do to celebrate your anniversary?

Thank you for the congrats!  Yes, it really has gone by fast.  I had all these fantasies of what my 1st year of marriage would look like–long breakfasts of waffles and coffee while we daydreamed about vacations and life, lots of romantic dinners, a cute, cozy house… but it was mostly real life with work and chores as well as some growning pains.  We didn’t live together first so it was also challenging moving into his house.  Yet there have were also many great times, just not my fantasy!  I definately think 1 year is worth celebrating!  I know you didn’t ask for a re-cap of my first year, but I felt reflective.  To answer your question, on our anniversary, we are taking the day off from work and we’re going to get a couple’s massage.  Then we’re going out for dinner at the restaurant we went to on our wedding night.  It’s going to be a good day!

@AnnaS:  Awesome!  Yay for April 23rd!  I thought it was interesting to celebrate my 2nd Easter as a married couple before our 1st anniversary.  Of course, last Easter didn’t really feel like Easter as we were just married the day before!  What are you doing for your anniversary?

Post # 10
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I don’t want to thread jack, but this might help the OP too. Our first anniversary is just around the corner as well. Does anyone have any masculine gift ideas I could get for my DH? I’ve seen some great suggestions, but they all seem to be things women would like better than men (like pictures, poems, etc.). I don’t want to get him something he will think is silly or sort-of sweet but useless. I’m considering boudoir photos, but they would be expensive and he might just look at them once then put them in a drawer (he has mentioned that he doesn’t know why he needs pictures when he has the real thing). I don’t care about sticking to the traditional paper/clock theme, but I would like it to be something special that would fit into a personal theme I could continue through the years. I appreciate any suggestions.

Post # 11
7152 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

For my One Year I got our baker to make the top tier of our wedding cake again. We didn’t save any cake from the wedding. We thought that was tooooo gross!! I then invited family and friends over to celebrate with us. I had it around 2 on a Saturday, so I just fed everyone punch and cake. He was so surprised and loved it!

The topic ‘1 Year Wedding Anniversary…I don’t know what to do!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors