(Closed) 1 yr later … thank you card wording??

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I would make each card more personalized than that. A year is really late for thank you notes.

I’d take the time to really thank them for the gift (make sure you talk about the specific gift they gave and maybe something about the photos you are sending them).

I know I’d be a little miffed if I didn’t get a thank you note until a full year later AND it was a completely generic card. I’d be much more receptive if the thank you card was personalized.

Post # 4
2103 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I agree, I would like to see the pictures, but I’d like MORE to have my personal gift acknowledged. I hope you at least send a personal note along with the “verse” to each guest.

Post # 5
5657 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2012

I think it starts off fine, but I agree with the PP you should thank them for their gift specifically and mention something about how useful/great it is. “The throw pillows you chose for us our fantastic, they match perfectly with our decor”, something like that.

Post # 7
2792 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@KatNYC2011:  100% agreed. A year later is REALLY late, and I would be ticked off that I hadn’t received a thank you card yet. I’d be even MORE ticked off if I finally got the card and it wasn’t personalized at all. Add in some really thoughtful sentences about their specific gift, or a specific conversation/experience you had with them that night, and you’re good to go.

Post # 8
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Kudos to you for finally sending out cards–better late than never! I agree with the others though that you must personalize the cards. This is true of any thank-you note, but especially when you are a year late in sending them out. You should put more time and thought into them than usual, considering how long it’s been.

Post # 10
2756 posts
Sugar bee

Yes, please be specific and personl in these cards. A year late and impersonal would really send a vibe that you can’t be bothered AND you don’t care about their personal gift – not what you want to convey! I think the verse sounds nice, so do use it, but add a hand-written note to each thank you card so your guests know how appreciative you truly are 🙂

ETA – The lateness is understandable with everything you’ve dealt with from your father’s passing; I’m sure your guests will be more than understanding 🙂

Post # 11
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@M M:  I’m very sorry to hear about the death of your father. Knowing that, I’m sure your guests will understand.

I don’t know that you need to put in a cute “verse”, I think just making sure the notes and photos are personalized is the important part.

Post # 13
1815 posts
Buzzing bee

I think what you wrote sounds great (with the personalization). I’m sorry to hear about your father!

The topic ‘1 yr later … thank you card wording??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors