(Closed) 10-10-10 bride!

posted 8 years ago in October 2010
Post # 3
159 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I’m doing the same colors! 

I’m thinking of hydrangeas…depending on the shade of blue…don’t know yet how it will look but may be a little too informal. I think a florist could dress it up!

Post # 4
552 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

OMG me too!   lol.  I have no idea about flowers yet though…

Post # 5
191 posts
Blushing bee

My sister and my best friend have both had beach weddings with blue and brown colors (hey, it’s a really great scheme!) My friend’s blue was turquoise, and she went with sand-colored for the neutral. Her flowers were purple orchids, totally not related.

Same with my sister– her blues were more gray, like ocean colors, and cream/ brown sandy tones. Her bouquets were (hers) white roses and (ours) red gerbera daisies. Only place the red showed up.

I think you’re pretty much safe no matter what color you pick, even if it’s not in your theme. I love the idea of tropical flowers for a beach wedding; I think hibiscus are too fragile for a bouquet but they’d be gorgeous if they could; maybe birds of paradise or something else like that in a bright color?

Post # 6
27 posts
Newbee

I’m a 10-10-10 bride too 🙂 We live on a tropical island at the moment, but we are having our wedding in Napa! Plumeria is a popular and super sweet smelling flower that would be beautiful to have in your bouquet. There are a lot of color varieties but the pink ones are my favorite! Gardenias are also fragrant and wedding-looking. Hibiscus is a typical island flower, but I think it would be better used on tables. Congrats on your island wedding!

Post # 7
552 posts
Busy bee

I love Hibiscus, but yes too fragile I think.  We also have to worry about what’s goin to be in season in Oct. ie-cheaper!  I’m not gonna spend a ton on flowers, but I still want it to look good obv!!

Post # 8
18 posts
Newbee

I’m a 10.10.10 bride too! Thanks for the ideas on colors and flowers. I’m having a destination wedding in Oahu, which is very low key. I was thinking of not even having flowers, but if I do, I’ll know where to start!

The topic ‘10-10-10 bride!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors