(Closed) 10-12-14

posted 6 years ago in October 2014
Post # 3
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Hi There! I couldn’t stand seeing an empty thread…I’m not a 10/12/14 bride…I’m back and forth between a 10/3 & 10/5 but I wanted to say Hi!! And I’m STILL goingto answer the question ๐Ÿ™‚ Everything is moving S-L-O-W-L-Y for me. I had settled on a location and venue (no $ down) now I’m changing my mind & wanting to do something different, I have three color themes (just added my 3rd yesterday) so basically with all this time, I haven’t narrowed down anything..LOL. I feel like I have no rush to lock stuff down so I keep adding stuff!

Post # 5
242 posts
Helper bee

Started Dress Shopping?! HA! Only in my head…I have about 20 lbs to lose before I put this bad baby in a dress ๐Ÿ™‚ I just got off the phone with one venue and I made an appointment to go there in August.

While I haven’t been banned from making decisions, I do get a lot of side eyes from people (mainly Dirty Delete and FI) who tell me that I need to relax. <- I’m so starting to hate those words (ARGH) I won’t be able to make decisions until at LEAST next June ๐Ÿ™ But I have decided on colors!!! Yay Me..and getting tons of ideas from the bees

Post # 6
217 posts
Helper bee

I wanted that date so badly! But we decided on 10/4/14 because I wanted to stay in the beginning of October and as far from Christmas as possible in the Fall. (Christmas is my FAVE holiday, and now wanted to be married and settled with plenty of time to decorate/cook/clean for Christmas lol) 

@Hopeful3120:  i hear ya! I’m on a “shedding for the wedding” mission myself so when I finally do go dress shopping, I don’t have to stay in the plus size section. 

Post # 7
358 posts
Helper bee

Couldn’t help but comment!  I’m an October 4/14 bride!  Its so difficult not to plan!  I feel its too early to do a lot of things but its so hard not to.  I’ve got my heart set on a venue which I plan on booking in January 2013 and putting my deposit down on.  I’ve tried on dresses and fell in love with one but the sample was too small for me to try on so I’m working on that right now.  

I have a colour scheme in my head selected and bridesmaid’s dresses as well.  I have 3 friends getting married this year (1 down, 2 to go!) and it helps to focus on their weddings to keep my mind off mine. Its so far off!  

I’ve considered moving it up earlier in 2014 but I’ve wanted a fall wedding for as long as I can remember and early October is still warm-ish here but the leaves have started changing so I can’t imagine getting married any other time!  

I think the looking and “head planning” is the best part – like getting ready to go out is always fun!  I think planning now is more fun and less stressful than the real planning is going to be ๐Ÿ™‚  

Post # 8
242 posts
Helper bee

Ok..so one venue (I’m between Key West & Winter Park Orlando) won’t let me book until a year out…Key West. That just means I have over 1 year to wait…whoa that is a freakin’ long time, All I can do is laugh.

August 2nd I go look at my dream venue casa feliz in Winter Park (Love the old museum romatic look) at first glance, it seems like I wont have to do many decorations, but I know I will – something I wasn’t planning on doing. And guess what bees, I broke down nd put this body in a mermaid dress. albeit it was satin and pure white ( I want more of a chiffon, lace & taffeta dress but I wanted to see what I would look like. Won’t post a pic just yet (I talk too much about the bee IRL and don’t want anyone to come on and look me up).

This is my dream dress that I will try on locally and then 99% sure I will order from Dressilyme…

Post # 10
242 posts
Helper bee

@colorofmyheart:  We chose (from a hat no less!) Sage green, ivory & gold

My hope is to have it outside and thank goodness for Florida because it will indeed be GREEN outside LOL. I do go next week to a Winter Park location (just to tour it) and see if their prices for a Friday night wedding will be within my budget..because right now. I can get married there, but we’ll be wearing PJs and slippers and eating McDonalds and I’d prefer not to LOL…

Post # 11
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m a 10/04/14 bride too…I’ve picked out my colours and decided a few things I’ll be adding to the DIY list. I tend to switch gears a lot and don’t want to pin anything down until I’m absolutely positive about it, especially the dress. I know my venue and plan to book it by Jan 2013, but everything else I’m going to take slowly and pay it off one by one.

Post # 12
242 posts
Helper bee

I’m pretty much all over the place right now. Except I’m still sold on the color combo – check back with me in a monthWink

I also want a lot of DIY items – but I get so frustrated (NO patience as my Fiance tells me) so that alone scares me…

I have gone from a brooch bouquet to hydrangea only bouquet and now I’m on the coffee filter bouquet kick,..truthfully, I just want a different yet still elegant look. Too many ideas out there – so my pintrest is overloaded LOL

Post # 13
135 posts
Blushing bee

I found a date sister!!! Im 10/12/14 . So far I have put deposits on the venue, photographer/videographer and dj and we had our engagement session back in april when we had our engagement party. i also have a deposit on a dress im totally in love with. In terms of colors I knew I wanted the warm colors associated with fall so we will be having burgundy, chocolate brown, gold and accents of burnt orange with lots of candlelight. Im super busy with law school so i got all this done before I started. Now I have time to relax and focus on my studies until the summer when i can get back in bride mode ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Post # 15
135 posts
Blushing bee

@Hopeful3120:  Im obsessed with my pinteres wedding board. i scour the wedding section all day long haha

The topic ‘10-12-14’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors