$10-15K | June | 3 wks | Where would YOU go?

posted 3 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 2
209 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

You listed that you want a tropical island, romantic European tour, exotic local, and a rugged adventure. Are you looking for one location to blend all of these elements, or do you want to travel around a bit? This may help us narrow down the location.

I love the idea of Croatia and Eastern Europe, and we looked into this as well. You mention that you’ve done that before, but has your FI? Could you hit up other countries that neither of you have been to before?
Other ideas:
South Africa and adjacent countries for a safari (I believe you can do this for $15k but I could be wrong)- definitely exotic and adventurous
SE Asia (Thailand, Vietnam, Bali)- tropical, exotic, and adventurous. Also pretty affordable once you’re there
New Zealand/Australia- I visited earlier this year and loved it. Many options for outdoor activities, gorgeous locations, beaches, wildlife
Central America- Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panema, Belize- good blend of water activities and jungle adventures
Scandanavia- beautiful fjords, romantic and historic towns
Patagonia- the ultimate adventure destination

Post # 3
568 posts
Busy bee

If you fly from North America to certain stops in Europe you can do a stop over in Iceland for up to 7 days for no extra charge. We took advantage of this for our UK trip in the spring. Seems like two vacations in one 🙂

Post # 4
69 posts
Worker bee

Moscow to Bejing on the trans siberian railroad?

Tour around UK by car

There is a dive in Germany called the romantic road or something like that- marketed to honeymooners back in the day

Greek Islands!

Croatia is great and its nice to go back to places- less stress if you know your way around!

Japan?

Post # 5
338 posts
Helper bee

I think SE Asia could be a good fit! I did Thailand for 10 days and was able to fit in nature/forest stuff, city stuff and beach relaxation. With 3 weeks I think you could also go to other countries in SE Asia.

Post # 6
442 posts
Helper bee

I would go to Australia!  (Provided you’re not from there; that would be much less exciting, lol.)

Post # 7
631 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

We did Cook Islands… very exotic and peaceful beaches with rarely anyone. It was a very romantic escape and it’s got all the qualities of Tahiti/Fiji, without all the crowded beaches and “consumerism” or big name brands… just an authentically Polynesian holiday (and muchhh more affordable!). What we did: http://www.downunder-travel.com/south-pacific/cook-islands/cook-islands-holiday-escape.aspx

Post # 8
412 posts
Helper bee

Not a travel expert by any means, however a PP mentioned New Zealand, and I would recommend that in a heartbeat. I traveled there for 3 weeks and LOVED every second of it.

If you consider NZ, I would stay towards the south end of the North Island (you may/may not be able to fly into Wellington) and stay in and explore Wellington a bit, then you can fly or take a ferry to the South Island. I would spend the majority of the time in the South Island, the landscape looks like its from a painting. Queenstown is a MUST go to if you are looking for some exhilarating fun.. they don’t call it the adventure capital for nothing. Sky diving, hiking, horseback riding, lounging in the ski town, etc. Also check out Dunedin, an adorable town with some great eating spots and good tourist things like the Cadbury factory and Speights Brewery (like unlimited beer samples after the tour).

Post # 9
378 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

SE Asia for sure. You’d live like a king with that budget. Island hopping in Thailand would be particularly romantic!

Post # 10
378 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

View original reply
kmmq72 :  To piggyback on this suggestion, make sure you go to Milford Sound if you go to the South Island of NZ!

Post # 11
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

With three weeks, I’d take advantage of that and go somewhere far (since you’ll have time to get used to a big timezone difference). Australia, a few SE asian countries together (Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia), or visit different european countries come to mind.

Post # 12
669 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
alanajar :  The german name is “romantische Straße” and I don’t recommend it. It’s basically a trip in the middle of nowhere.

Post # 13
682 posts
Busy bee

I’d go on an African safari in Kenya or Tanzania 

Post # 14
1307 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

Seychelles/East Africa

Post # 15
412 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
wineandthings :  I unfortuntately didn’t get to go there! We made a trip throughout the entire two islands. Flew into Auckland, drove to the tip top to Pahia and drove/flew our way down to Queenstown, then back up to Auckland to fly home. Still so beautiful. 

I would suggest looking into Marlborough (sp?) while you’re there if you are into wine. HUGE wine country, while we didn’t go to this region, I did do plenty of wine tasting. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors