(Closed) 10 day forecast looks AWFUL!!! What should we do???

posted 9 years ago in Honeymoons
  • poll: What would you do?

Go, have a blast, it will be fine

Postpone, it's not worth it if its going to be bad weather

• Post # 16
    10713 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2012

I see weather reports like this alllll the time and we get rain 1 day for 10 minutes… You might get lucky and not see any or have a whole day with rain where you can “stay in bed all day” it is your honeymoon after all 😉

Go for it… worst case- you get to be super intimate with hubby and play in the rain on the beach!

Post # 17
    1554 posts
    Bumble bee

Go. I’m betting it rains for 10 minutes and then it’s fine. I also think weather people get it wrong far more than they get it right.

Plus, rain is totally romantic, so it’s going to be great no matter what!

Post # 18
    971 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

Go! You will rarely see an all sunny weather forcast for anywhere tropical. Thunder showers/scattered showers usually only mean a bit of a downpour before the sun comes out again.

Post # 19
    2889 posts
    Sugar bee

We had the same forcast for our honeymoon in St. Lucia. Ultimately we got rain about 7 of 10 days but it was never much. The first and last day had gray skies but the rest were all sunny and depending where you were on the island, it may have rained soemwhere else and you never even knew it. You can still enjoy the beach/pool/bar in the rain. We really enjoyed the hot tub during that grey day actually becasue it wwas nice and warm as opposed to too warm when the sun was out. Go, you’ll have fun with your new DH!

Post # 20
    284 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

I agree with above posters, go and have a great time!  I went to Grand Cayman this past spring, and like some other bees have said, when it rained it only lasted a little while.  Our rainiest day had a 25 minute downpour, then the sun was shining again and people went back to swimming!  You are going to love it there…its the most AMAZING place I have ever been!  I highly recommend going to see the “blow holes” (natural geysers), also if you are interested in hiking/taking a break from the water for a couple hours the Mastic Trail was pretty neat!

Post # 21
    216 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

That is how the weather forecast was for our honeymoon a month ago from today – We were there from Monday through the following Tuesday.  Monday – Friday was BEAUTIFUL (no rain at all!) and Saturday and Sunday it rained for about a half hour each afternoon so we stayed outside and hung out at the swim up bar and Monday and Tuesday it rained longer but we still went swimming, hung out at the outdoor bars, and enjoyed ourselves!  Don’t let that forecast scare you!!

Post # 22
    4883 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

It rains every day in many tropical environments, don’t worry!! You’re still going to have an amazing time.

The topic ‘10 day forecast looks AWFUL!!! What should we do???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors