(Closed) 10 day luteal phase, B6 vitamin

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
4675 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

linz09:  I have taken B6 to lengthen my LP.  It helped me get an average 12 day LP, I didn’t notice a change in my O dates.  I think every supplement works different on diffrent people though.  I took Super B Supplements to help lengthen my LP before B6, and it delayed O.  

Post # 3
3281 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I take B6, and it has not delayed O. If anything, I have been ovulating a day earlier since I started taking it!

Post # 4
2440 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I took it.  It never delayed ovulation.  The first time TTC it helped get rid of the early spotting I was having and I got pregnant the first cycle I started taking it. This time I was taking it for 5 cycles and didn’t notice a difference. 

Post # 6
2440 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

linz09:  I just took b6, 50 mg

Post # 7
1384 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

linz09:  I just started taking prescription progesterone in pill form. I’m currently 7 DPO so it’s a little early to tell ehat is going to happen. I usually start to spot 8 DPO and then start my period at 10-11 DPO. Last month (after a laparoscopy to remove endometriosis in late May) I began spotting 5 DPO to which eventually became my period 5 days later. I asked my OBGYN about trying vitamin B6 and he didn’t seem keen on the idea, though it seems like most bees swear by it. I think it would be worth a shot trying them to see if they help.

Post # 8
2420 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

linz09:  I would suggest a b complex vs only b6. Some women on here will tell you to only take the b6, but I have read that it is most effective when paired with the b-12 and other vitamins in the b-complex. It has to do with the body being able to absorb it better. Plus, most b-complex have folic acid (very important for pregnancy) and are less expensive than b-6 alone. Some things I have read say to even take a b-6 in conjunction with a b-complex. B-6 is also great to take during your first trimester if you are struggling with nausea, so it can’t hurt.

AFM personally, I started to take the b-complex after stopping bcp and having a 9 or 10 day LP. It did lengthen my LP to 11-13 days (never consistent), but I had spotting for 3-5 days before my period each time. After nearly a year of TTC (12 cycles, mine are very short), I saw the RE who diagnosed me with a LP defect to be regulated with a combination of femara, trigger shot and progesterone + iui. (This cycle we are traveling, so no iui just medicated and timed intercourse).

ETA: it did not change my o date at all! 

Post # 9
526 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

CestTresJolie14:  please listen to your ob/gyn.  He knows more about you and your body than the bees.  Prescription progesterone should lengthen your luteal phase.  Best of luck to you!!!

Post # 10
1384 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Annonnie89:  You’re so sweet, thank you! I am listening to him, no worries. He said I could try them if I wanted, but he said he doesn’t think it’s right for me. I’m not taking any since I’m taking progesterone. It should be enough. Also this doctor diagnosed my mom with cervical cancer when she was 27 and saved her life. She didn’t have any health insurance so he actually paid for all of her medical expenses. He was God sent to my unknowing immigrant parents. I trust him and will listen to whatever it is he says he thinks is best for me. 🙂

Post # 14
526 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

CestTresJolie14:  wow, he’s not only an excellent doctor, but a wonderful person, too.  You’re in good hands:) 

Post # 15
2420 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

linz09:  Honestly, my obgyn completely brushed off my 22-25 day cycles and 3-5 days of spotting/light af. It irked me, but I trusted that she was correct and it was just my “normal.” The first appointment with the RE went well because she confirmed my worry about the spotting for half of my LP. I think, yes, your LP I’d considered lengthened even if you are spotting because CD 1 is the first day of full flow. However, for me personally, it was still considered a LP defect by my RE.

I did take b complex all the way through my cycle and sometimes would slack off. I noticed longer days of spotting when I didn’t take it regularly in the beginning of the cycle. Not sure if everyone has a similar reaction, just my body was that way. Not sure about too much folic acid – good question to ask the Dr. I believe the body just gets rid of the excess.

The topic ‘10 day luteal phase, B6 vitamin’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors