(Closed) 10 day weather forecast woes

posted 3 years ago in Logistics
Post # 2
6107 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

sweetness09 :  the weather forecast doesn’t matter until a day or 2 before the day. Unless there’s a hurricane or something like that. How to talk yourself off the ledge? Well, you just have to accept that there is nothing you can do about the weather and know that you’re not the only one who has gone through this. If the day before your wedding it says it’s definitely going to rain you just have to fake a smile and realize that it won’t be the end of the world. Get some umbrellas and know that you can get some awesome pictures in the rain.

Post # 3
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

I think I’d rather have rain/thunderstorms than the 105 being projected for me…at least we were planning on everything being indoors.

Post # 4
299 posts
Helper bee

10 days out means nothing. Mine changed pretty much every day up until the day of the wedding. Also, 30% is not that high- very likely it won’t rain. When you are closer to the day, check noaa.gov. It is the most accurate and you can check hour by hour percentages.

Post # 5
14949 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

When doing anything outdoors there is *always* the possibiltiy of bad weather.  We just made sure that the venue had a good rain backup option.  We even nixed venues we absolutely loved because it had a crappy rain backup.  Weather is not anything I can change, so I didn’t bother obessing or worrying about it.

Post # 6
73 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Let me tell you something that you probably don’t want to hear. It might rain. I planned our wedding imagining the beautiful outdoor site that made us choose our venue. But guess what? An hour before the ceremony, it poured and it showed no signs of stopping. The venue coordinator gently told me that we had to do plan B. I was devastated, but kept it to myself as I wasn’t going to start drama an hour before I got married. 

The ceremony started, and I got married. It was beautiful. Even though it wasn’t outside as planned, guests told us it was the best wedding they’d been to! We had so much fun and I quickly forgot about it.

Long story short, if you are in it for the marriage and not the wedding, it will be great no matter what 🙂

Post # 7
1765 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Seriously, don’t let yourself look! Start checking when it gets closer. That being said, the night before our wedding all the weather stations said 90% chance of heavy rain. Yet we had a beautiful, sunny outdoor ceremony, and all of our photos were taken outside. We had one shower during dinner and that was it. Have a rain plan, but just know that the forecast can change pretty much right up until your wedding starts. You can’t control the weather, but if you plan for either option, things will go fine no matter what happens!

Post # 9
404 posts
Helper bee

sweetness09 :  Phoenix, so it’s going to be hot no matter what, but I was hoping it would at least be under 100 (the pipe dream was under 90 but I know that’s asking a lot).

Post # 10
1552 posts
Bumble bee

We got married in the UK so we expected rain. The forecast was a heatwave for the week before then sudden heavy rain all weekend for my wedding. The best thing to do is prepare for rain- buy some white umbrellas, some coloured raincoats for you and the bridal party to get some funny pictures in, and check with the venue for any back up options. Search online for wedding photos in the rain and they are amazing- so dramatic and beautiful! We actually had a cloudy wedding day as the rain stopped before the ceremony but its best to be prepared for all weathers as forecasts arent that accurate until the day before. Your day will be amazing- besides rain on your wedding day is good luck in so many cultures! 

Post # 11
994 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

So, this video is about winter weather in Canada but it works for your situation too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDvqQKGgDA

Look, it might rain, but it will be the most beautiful day of your life anyway! 

Post # 12
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Ed Oliver Golf Club, Wilmington, DE

sweetness09 :  I will tell you that up until the rehearsal dinner was done the night before, they were predicting 80% chance of thunderstorms for the wedding day. I was basically sobbing getting my nails done as we only had outside picture locations. Woke up that morning and it was a gorgeous day. You never know what’s going to happen, and either way it will be the best day of your life!!

Post # 13
671 posts
Busy bee

I’ve been checking the forecast a few times a day since July…. Which I know I know I know is too far out (we’re 9/18!) and it’s driving me crazy. Has gone from sunny to cloudy to yep, severe thunderstorms! I know I can’t start freaking till next week but we have an outdoor ceremony too so I FEEL YA! Hopefully you will get a better projection in a few days!

Post # 14
1365 posts
Bumble bee

Do you have a rain plan? 

You’ll just drive yourself crazy if you keep checking. I’d not let myself check until maybe 2 days before. Then, start to talk yourseld round to using the rain plan if you think you’ll need it.

The topic ‘10 day weather forecast woes’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors