(Closed) 10+ Day/Multi-stop Honeymoons

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
6247 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 1900

That sounds fabulous.

Fiance and I are thinking of something not quite as long but multiple destinations and 14 days.  Think I’ll subscribe to this thread so I can keep updated and get pointers from y’all.  =)

Post # 4
13096 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Sounds like an awesome trip!  DH and I were only gone for 8 days and we cruised so it wasn’t the crazy travel schedule you are planning.  But what you described totally sounds doable and I want to join! 🙂

Post # 5
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

That sounds like an incredible honeymoon! We are not traveling quite as much but doing a weekend in LA (we live in NY) then flying to Cook Islands for 6 nights and then traveling the North Island of New Zealand for a week. The part I dread the most is packing!

I love traveling and wouldn’t want to spend an entire honeymoon laying on just one beach 🙂

Post # 6
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

dang.

and here I was thinking that our plans were crazy.. 🙂  I was thinking about possibly hitting a few less stops bc I had the same worries as you.. we’re hopefully doing 3 weeks through russia, mongolia and china. 

Post # 7
3081 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Wow what a cool trip!! We’ll be in 4 different hotels in 14 days – not quite as intense as yours – but I’m just dreading the packing and unpacking (I totally spread everything out when I settle into a hotel). Plus we have a 30 lb limit (small planes) but are doing two totally different climates/locales AND there are a ton of gifts I’ll want to bring home.

I don’t have any great advice, but I’m subscribing because I’m interested to hear what others have to say.

Congrats on booking your trip, you should definitely do a recap!

Post # 9
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@KristenGotMarried: Our friends just spent their entire honeymoon in September in the Maldives and loved it! Their pictures are ridiculously gorgeous. They stayed in one of those over the water villas, which is pretty damn cool. You will love it!

We spent four days in Rome and barely got to see all of it while runnig around like chickens without heads. I hope you use your 2.5 days wisely! And I love Paris, we just went back there a second time a year ago and I can’t wait to go again!

Post # 10
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

We are doing something similar as well. We are doing a 15 day safari and beach trip to Tanzania.

We are spending no more than 2 nights in any one safari lodge/tent camp before moving on to the next one. Then we are ending our trip with 5 nights at the beach on Zanzibar Island.

Our luggage allowance is only 15kg per person (so that’s about 30lbs) but can only be in soft sided carry bags (preferbly 2) and we have to be able to fully carry our own luggage through border checkpoints etc.

We also have to take clothes for safari, beach, and make sure we have full coverage clothing for the main town in Zanzibar and Dar Es Salam since they are very Muslim areas.

Darling Husband is even more of an explorer than I am, so I’m worried I’m going to be the one who gets tired first, but I’m SO excited for all we are going to see. We leave 1 month from yesterday… I cannot wait!!

Post # 11
270 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

while that trips sounds amazingly awesome to me and i would do it in a heartbeat, i know if i even proposed tsomething like that to fi he would kill me. we did a venice-florence-rome 11 night trip last fall and by the time we got to rome, fi completely shut down. 8if both of you are on the go, let’s see as much as we can type of people, then thisVBis definately a great trip. but if you want “let’s just chill” time, i think i would reconsider your itinerary a bit.

Post # 12
14657 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Oh man, we did a crazy journey last winter.  30 days, 2 countries, 11 or 12 cities.  The first two weeks we drove around New Zealand camping and basically living out of the trunk of our car.  The next two weeks we were on a plane every 2-3 days flying to a different city in Australia.  All this was out of 2 carry ons and hauling around a camping duffel.  The flying part was tough just cause that involved truely packing everything back up and going through and airport, but just tossing it in the car was a breeze.  I had a entire print out of like 30 pages of hotel, car rental, a few maps, and flight confirmations.  It was definitely an awesome trip.  I dont think I’d choose to slow it down if I had the choice, I’m definitely a planner and on the go vacationer.

Post # 13
2105 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

You concern is why we’re doing 3-4 days in London and then flying to France to hop on a boat for a 12-15 day cruise around to other bits of France, Spain, Italy, and Greece.  Just make sure you have sleeping aids for the flights and you budget time for exhaustion. I know our first day into the afternoon will need to be a nap. 

Post # 15
2105 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I suggest buying melatonin pills and sleeping on the entire flight. If you’re from the US going to Rome, your flight will begin in the evening and last about 7.5-10 hours depending on where you’re flying from.  Even sleeping through it, I know that, after arrival, I have 3 hours before I absolutely crash with exhaustion.

Post # 16
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Wow that’s a lot of planning and gives me anxiety just thinking about it!  I’m more of a just get there and chill kind of person.  We are doing a bit of hopping around on our honeymoon though, if all goes as planned.  We want to drive to South Carolina and stay on the beach for a couple days, spend a night in Charleston, then fly out to Jamaica for a week of sun and relaxation.  Then we will fly back to South Carolina for a few more days and then drive home!  I want to go right now.

The topic ‘10+ Day/Multi-stop Honeymoons’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors