(Closed) 10 days! 9/10/11

posted 7 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
2095 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@SFreeman2187: I feel like climbing into ostrich mode and burying my head in the sand. I get overwhelmed easily and I still have so much to do. The only thing saving me right now is the 4 day weekend I have coming up. I have spent the past few months not seriously stressing, now that it is here I am in panic mode!

Post # 5
2095 posts
Buzzing bee

@SFreeman2187: My mother is one of my main stressors and with her ADD it would not be a good thing! I am struggling with my own wiothout adding hers to it! lol

I need to sit down and write a list of everything that needs to be done. That is part of my problem. I am afraid to see that list and what all I have left to do 🙁 My Maid/Matron of Honor is currently helping with centerpieces so that is off my list, but I still have baking to do and candymaking and other DIY stuff in addition to meeting with vendors. I just keep telling myself to breath and try not to hyperventilate 😉

Post # 6
197 posts
Blushing bee

I can’t believe it is so close…  I have butterlies 24/7 now, I feel like they are going to burst right outta my tummy!  I think I have everything done that needs to be, but I know the couple of days leading up to the wedding is going to be nuts!!!  We are having an outdoor wedding that is pretty much all DIY, minus music, food and photos!

Post # 7
79 posts
Worker bee

Dirty Delete and I are doing the same list-trick:  we have yellow post-it notes with each ‘to do’ stuck up on one wall and with each day we remove a few more.  It feels great to see the holes appearing as we accomplish things and lets us know what is still waiting for finishing.  It is working great!  

This afternoon I have been cutting ribbons for the back wall of the pavilion behind the head table and they are looking so awesome it is giving me goosebumps.   I can totally see how they are going to flutter in the breeze (outdoor wedding here too) and be so beautiful.  A 30′ long, 10′ tall wall of ribbons….cool!  I’m excited too and happy to be making DD’s day so memorable.  

Post # 9
230 posts
Helper bee

I can’t wait. We have been waiting over 2 years for this and I’ve finished everything that needs done. The last item on my list is to wrap the bridal party gifts and put together envelopes for tipping vendors. I actually wish I had a couple of more things to keep me busy…

I don’t think it’s actually hit me yet that it’s happening either. I’m not nervous at all, just a little stressed that everything goes smoothly..

Post # 10
172 posts
Blushing bee

Gah nervous poo feeling! 

Post # 12
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

Ahh Congrats ladies your day is almost here. How exciting!!

The topic ‘10 days! 9/10/11’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors