(Closed) 10 days away and I'm miserable

posted 5 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Wow! I think you just need to take a day to relax. Go to the spa with some girlfriends and try to get you mind off of it.

Post # 5
Hostess
2557 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Try to relax and not sweat the small stuff.  Your wedding is only one day in the rest of your life!  When you look back at it, all you’re going to remember is the job the day brought, no matter what went right or wrong. 🙂

Post # 6
5080 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’m right there with you.  Getting married on the 20th?

Just try to stay calm.  I find myself worrying about completely stupid/crazy stuff I have no control over.

I have to say, I feel sick too.

Post # 7
2106 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m actually really glad you wrote this!  I still have a little bit longer than you (getting married in Dec) but I’m already starting to feel this way  =o(  Good to know I’m not alone.

Post # 9
9484 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I can relate in a way.  I’ve been over emotional.  So glad it’s almost over.   You’ll get there too!

Post # 10
5080 posts
Bee Keeper

@Bostongrl25:  have you been having weird dreams?  A few nights ago I dreamt that I was arguing with a woman and got so mad I bit her in the head.  no joke.

I woke up saying to myself “self, you need to calm down!”

Post # 11
1928 posts
Buzzing bee

Last week I was like that. I was really depressed because everyone was pulling me every which way to ask me the stupidest questions. This week I am feeling much much better. Think of it this way, in 10 days you will be a Mrs!!!! 

Post # 12
9484 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@Mrs.LetsGoPens:  Coworkers would say “omg you’re almost there!!  Aren’t you excited?!”.  I’d just glare at them.  They’re like “you need to smile!”  Another glare.  Hahaha.  Truth be told, I was and still am.  Just exhausted, stressed, and ready to mooooove on.  C’mon Bermuda! 😉

Post # 13
9614 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Big hugs!!   I was in the same boat not too long back since I just got married on Sep 22.  🙂  Yay for me! 

Try not to let it get to you too much.  Most of the time what we worry about going wrong never happens. 

Everything on my wedding day went smoothly and perfectly.  In fact, when I woke up that morning I felt calm and relaxed, weird, I know.  When my hair and make-up went just as I wanted it to, I had a feeling everything else would fall into place and it all did.  A glass of wine helped, too, lol. 

Good luck to all of the soon-to-be-brides – it’s amazing!!  🙂

Post # 14
2459 posts
Buzzing bee

HUGS!! I know we are all going to say to try to relax – but it’s nearly impossible. What I will say is that when it’s over, you’ll feel a HUGE relief and the anxiety will dissipate pretty quickly. I felt similar to you, and now, I feel like a normal person again. (Well, I’m kinda sick with allergy stuff, but apart from that!) 

So yes – take a breather, and just know that things will happen and it’s so much easier to go with the flow instead of letting the little things bother you. It will be amazing no matter what!

Post # 15
26 posts
Newbee

Girls, I’m going to tell you something, JUST BREATHE!!! I felt the same way… and then the big day came and all my best friends and family were there… I looked awesome and I was married to the love of my life… Really nothing major went wrong and and everyone had an awesome time… looking back on it now,I know it’s hard to not stress… but once you start getting ready that day and you’re standing at the aisle… you won’t be worried about all those little details !!! Good luck and congrats!!

Post # 16
26 posts
Newbee

@Rouquine:   It’ll go fast, trust me 🙂

The topic ‘10 days away and I'm miserable’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors