(Closed) 10 days before my wedding and i get a call saying my venue is double-booked…

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
5891 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

@elired: um why are YOU getting bumped instead of the fundraiser????

Post # 4
2891 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Ouch!! Ask them what they are going to do. It is their problem!

Post # 5
14402 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Uhhh, but it was, and you have a contract with them right?

Post # 6
2053 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Do you have wedding event insurance?

Post # 7
3375 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

omg!!! This is my worst nightmare!

What’s in your contract?

How many people have you invited? Can you get a tent outside somewhere at this short notice? I’d ask the venue what they suggest.

Post # 8
2584 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Did you have a contract? I’m assuming you paid a deposit?

Start politely, and ask what they intend to do about it. Sure, your wedding wasn’t supposed to be booked, but it was. Their problem. Go higher and higher up until you find someone willing to do something for you.

Post # 9
1671 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

What the heck?!! They should move the fundraiser!!  What does the contract say?  You probably will need a lawyer if they do not budge.  Sorry you are having to go through this.

: (

Post # 10
5784 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2011

I hope you signed a contract with them. This is their problem, not yours and they need to be offering potential solutions (bump the fundraiser, host your event in another room, find you a comparable event space nearby).

Post # 11
660 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

If I were you, I would look over the contract and go down there & talk to whomever is running the place. Go right to the top! What type of venue is it?

Post # 13
2192 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’d be pulling out my contract.

They need to correct this.

Post # 14
2584 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@elired: Oh good, I’m so glad to hear you have a contract and record of payments. At the VERY least make sure you get a refund, but I think for the sake of their business they should be able to do something for you, like find another spot for you to go. I hope it works out, keep us updated!

Post # 15
2216 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

What did they say when they called you to say they were double booked?  Did they seem sympathic? Or were they move like “sorry, you’re SOL.”

Oh my gosh…I feel soo bad for you 🙁

The topic ‘10 days before my wedding and i get a call saying my venue is double-booked…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors