Post # 46
I would get an attorney if I were you. This is why you signed the contract. Your lawyer can tell you what to do, if you need to sue, how much to sue for, etc. That is part of their job. EVEN IF HE/SHE CAN’T DO ANYTHING, you would have the peace of mind that you did all that you could to make your vision a reality. All they might have to do is send a letter to the venue on their company letterhead; the threat alone should make them do SOMETHING. No matter what, I would contact the Better Business Bureau, the Chamber of Commerce, heck, everyone I could after the wedding to make the unprofessional nature of this venue known. Make no mistake, THEY SCREWED UP by not telling you about this fundraiser when you booked. Even if they somehow “right” what they’ve done, you are still dealing with this 10 days from your wedding and that is a serious problem.
Post # 47
So if I’m reading this right, your reception there isn’t cancelled, you still have the space but there will be tents sent up for another function???
If this is the case, talk to them nicely and get them to do something about the tents. Whether you get some money back or they throw in something. Because honestly even though this majorly sucks at 10 days out it is best to just go with it.
Now if you can’t have the reception there I’d be seeking legal councel as you have a contract.
Post # 48
Any update to what you decided to do?
Post # 49
I was wondering if you had an update too. We are getting married in Tulsa, and I had actually considered this venue, but chose a different one. I’m so sorry to hear about such a terrible experience. I hope it was resolved.
Post # 50
I am wondering how this turned out?