(Closed) 10 days in Kauai, Maui and Oahu. Ideas please?

posted 5 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 2
2792 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
pglt09 :  out favorite part of Kauai was hiking to Hanakapiai Falls, but it’s on the north shore so probably quite a drive for you and pretty intense. But I have never seen anything more beautiful! We liked snorkeling in Kauai as well. A helicopter tour there is well worth the money! 

Post # 3
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018 - Vineyard Lake

We hiked Diamond Head but it’s at the opposite end of the island in Oahu. You could also tour Pearl Harbor if you’re into that kind of thing.

You will love the Marriott in Maui!! That’s where we stayed. 

Post # 5
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Road to Hana on Maui was so much fun! If you can stop by a grocery store before you go, you can stock up on some snacks/a lunch to bring along – look up some stops/significant things to look for before you go, too. We stopped at a couple parks. We bought rice and poke from the store and had that for lunch..mmmmm!!

We also tried 3-on-1 surfing lessons on Oahu but that was on Waikiki… but it was super fun!! Oahu also has tours of movie/TV filming sites (like Jurassic park) and the cultural center on the north/east end of the island (we didnt’ get there though).

Just walking around Lahaina was very nice in Maui as well. Lots of neat restaurants and the huge Banyan tree! And Shave Ice! 

Have fun!!

Post # 6
2792 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
pglt09 :  Ke’e is the big popular spot. Again it’s all the way up on the North shore, like literally where the road on the island ends. We also snorkeled outside of our condo on the private beach there which was just as nice IMO. 

Post # 7
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

We are doing Kauai for 10 days in Sept for our honeymoon !! The Napali coast is a must do! Do a helicopter tour if you can! Waimea canyon, tunnels beach, I gotta check my list!! I have a bunch of things saved!

Post # 8
4556 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Tutle Bay is pretty far out, but that’s part of the charm of it. You can go snorkeling at Sharks cove. You have to go to Haleiwa and eat at a shrimp truck, and tour the cute little down, we also went shark cage diving here and then a helicopter tour. If you have a car, which I definitely suggest, just touring the island is fun. Go to Lanikai Beach and Kailua (we got married in this area), it’s gorgeous and I always wanted to kayak out to the Mokes! Diamond Head (we got engaged here) is cool too, but can be very crowded so go early. And then Waikiki is always super booming. Pearl Harbor is amazing, and definitely a must see at some point, but idk if I’d spend my time doing that if I’m only there two days. Have fun! We just got married there two months ago and I can’t wait til our next trip, but we’re going to Kuaui or the big island then for our anniversary lol.

Post # 9
1616 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2018 - City, State

Oahu: Pearl Harbor, Diamondhead, and the Polynesian Cultural Center are must dos 

Kauai: has the “Pacific Grand Canyon” that was truly breath taking, we also did a coffee plantation tour, that was fun! 

Post # 10
2957 posts
Sugar bee

If you are going to do a snorkel excursion in Kauai, do Captain Andy’s Northern or Southern Star boats. The snorkeling was just ok the day we went (cloudy) but the sailboats are super nice and fun. 

Post # 11
361 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Turtle Bay is gorgeous!!! 

I am assuming you will have a rental car. Turtle Bay is a good distance from the airport and doesn’t have an airport shuttle. The Bus (public transportation) takes FOREVER.

i suggest stopping by Pearl Harbor when you get off the plane! It’s free and you can go online and reserve tickets! It’s an amazing place and if you and / or your hubby loves history, it’s definitely a must see. I would allot about 2-3 hours!

on the way from the airport is a little gem called Dole Plantation! It is a fun little place where you can try all these pineapple concoctions and ride a train around the plantation! Also, it has a fun maze!

On the North Shore, please try Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck! I think you’ll enjoy that as well!! There is also the Polynesian cultural center where you can enjoy a luau in Laie!!! 

Please note traffic can be horrible coming from the north shore to the airport! Please allow yourself several hours to get back into town! Maybe leave early and check out Waikiki for a little while before heading back to the airport! 

Post # 12
207 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
pglt09 :  My husband and I went to Kauai for our honeymoon and loved it! We had several activities booked including ATV tour, Kauai Backcountry Tubing, Smith Family Luau, and a sunset cruise with the Blue Dolphin. My favorite activity was, hands down, the tubing. You take a trip down old canals once used for a sugar plantation on giant tubes. It’s like one giant lazy river. Highly recommend this. Also, for calm waters and not as rocky beaches… Anini beach was the best. It’s located on the north shore. And finally a must see is Waimea Canyon. It’s quite the drive up hill but it’s so worth it. Have fun!

The topic ‘10 days in Kauai, Maui and Oahu. Ideas please?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors