(Closed) 10 days late, neg hpt

posted 8 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
558 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

How long were you on BC? Are you still on it? If not, how long have you been off? Is this your first cycle off birth control? There are a lot of factors that go into it, so I wouldn’t stress just yet.

Post # 5
1046 posts
Bumble bee

It might be stress, it might not. Hopefully it is since you aren’t ttc… When I got pregnant HPT didn’t work on me. I had to go in and get a blood test to find out.

Good luck.

Post # 6
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

you can’t waste your doctor’s time – this is her job! go see her – there is no other way to figure out what is going on…..

Post # 7
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I’d wait it out. While it may seem like a century, ten days is not all that long– stress could have delayed ovulation. If you are getting negative HPTs chances are you are not pregnant.

I know it’s stressful! Hang in there.

Post # 8
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I had this happen to me and it was just stress.  I called my doctor and she didn’t bring me in for a blood test, she said to take a hpt and if it was negative to wait 2 days and test again.  I took her advice, took the test, got a negative and had a glass of wine (I hadn’t been drinking for fear I was pregnant).  I relaxed, quit thinking about it and my period started the next day. 

Never hesitate to call your doctor though!  It’s what she’s there for and even though I didn’t have a blood test, just talking to her about it helped me.  Good luck!

Post # 9
3252 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Mines is about 12 days late so I’m in the same boat. I’m going to test again in a few days and if neg then I’m going to see my physician and I would suggest that you do the same.

The topic ‘10 days late, neg hpt’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors