(Closed) 10 days late…

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Silly question, but are you testing correctly? I’ve heard of pregnant women getting negative tests because they did them wrong! 

Post # 3
927 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
amckenz:  All three of those are a possibility.

A friend just told me yesterday that she’s pregnant, 13 weeks, yay! Basically the exact same story as you, went off the pill, had the normal pill withdrawal bleed, had one period a month later, next period didn’t come. She tested and even went to the doctor and he tested as well. Negative. She didn’t get her BFP until like 6 weeks pregnant (dates as confirmed by ultrasound). Apparently it’s possible to be pregnant but just not have enough of the hormone yet to trigger the test? I knew that would  happen when people try to test early, before AF is due, but didn’t realise it could happen that far along!

Anyway, just thought I’d share that story! Good luck and fingers crossed for you!

Post # 6
3728 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
amckenz:  It sounds like you are using the “idiot proof” type of test. I used a cheap test. I pred in a cup, dipped the stick, and checked after I finished doing my business and washing my hands. BFN. My dog was being a pain, so I took her out before throwing out the test. When we got back an hour later there was a clear line. I consider myself a fairly smart person, but I missed a couple BFPs due to not waiting long enough.

I would keep trying once a week for the next month. My cycles were really off coming off of the pill.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by  Pollywog.
Post # 7
832 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

When I came off the pill i had two normal periods and then they disappeared completely for 6 months and I was diagnosed with hypothalamic amenorrhea. I highly doubt that’s your issue since it’s pretty rare but when my period was missing I did a lot of googling and found a lot of people who had the same experience as you. You are probably just having a weird cycle as sometimes it takes a few months to regulate after going off the pill. Keep us updated!!

Post # 8
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Sometimes you can have normal cycles and then realllly long ones coming off the pill.  The EWCM could have been your body ‘gearing up’ for O but then not actually happening.. The only way to really know is temping. 

I hope I’m wrong and you get your BFP though!!

The topic ‘10 days late…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors