(Closed) 10 days to shower and not many gifts bought yet

posted 7 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Not to worry, I usually give cash, gift card, or buy the day before or the day of.  I think that things have been so crazy with the holidays people are just waiting. 

Post # 5
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper

@Evie19: LOL, yes most of the rest of the world are giant procrastinators like me.  I am well known for stopping on my way to the shower and grabbing a gift card.  In my defense, I am usually putting together desserts to take with me and I just can’t do anything simple, no I have to show off.  My Bad.

Post # 7
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m a super procrastinator and usually don’t get the gift until the week of the shower… usually within a few days of it! I wouldn’t worry QUITE yet πŸ™‚

Post # 9
1426 posts
Bumble bee

Yup! The majority of my gifts were bought a day or two before the shower! Also, a few weren’t bought off the registry, and a couple more weren’t taken off the registry. Its inevitable that some people will not buy off the registry. Just gotta hope that they’re something you will like and use…

I was a registry stalker as well… couldn’t help it! Still got some surprises, including a wall decoration in a shape of a violin w/ music notes from my great-grandfather. By far, the most meaningful gift as he and other family members played, and so does FI!

Post # 11
Hostess
23602 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Most of my shower gifts were outside of my registry.  Don’t worry, you’ll start to get a crazy amount of gifts soon!!

Post # 12
14486 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Yes, most people do wait I think.  10 days still include a full weekend.  A lot of things will probably get purchsed by end of this weekend.

Post # 14
579 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Don’t worry some people might leave it to the last minute or you might get G.C’s!!  I received alot of G.C as I didn’t have alot of items on my registry around the 50 dollar mark.

Post # 16
6661 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

I’ve been a bridesmaid often enough to be able to say for sure that people wait until the last second to buy gifts for showers. I know this because I’m usually in charge of bridal bingo, which I base on the actual gifts that have been purchased off the registry to make it more interesting. So countless times I’ve been up until 1am the night before a shower because people waited until then to finally go buy a present.

The topic ‘10 days to shower and not many gifts bought yet’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors