(Closed) 10 lbs. in 3 months… How do I do it?

posted 7 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
4824 posts
Honey bee

I would incorporate weight lifting 2 times a week and take measurements because you are probably trying to lose that “last 10” and that is the hardest to lose.  Really you are really looking to reduce size, not just weight which means you can lose fat and gain muscle (optimum) to get the size you want to be and look great.

Post # 4
7174 posts
Busy Beekeeper

It’s definitely doable – you can do it!

Since you asked for suggestions, mine are:

1.  No pasta or cheese

2.  No processed foods

3.  No alcohol

…in addition to what you have listed.  Also – I’d switch things up from just doing elliptical to weight bearing exercises (even if it’s your own weight).

Post # 5
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We are at almost the same weight now, and have the same goal weight!   Lets do it!  I’ll be your buddy!! 

Post # 6
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

If you really stick to eating well and exercising until your wedding you will easily drop the 10 pounds. I suggest creating some sort of motivation board of pictures or things that remind you of why you’re working so hard! Good luck and you can totally do it!!!

Post # 8
40 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i will definately do it with you, but ive got 15 pounds to lose in 3.5 months, so i do the 10 pound slimdown on comcast on demand, and on the “days off” i run for 30 minutes at intervaling speeds, and i also try to run an additional 1-2 days along with a normal workout day

Post # 9
7174 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@LoriKay628: I don’t necessarily think a glass of red wine is ‘bad’ – but, when I’m being hardcore about weight loss – I don’t want anything to negatively impact all the work I’m putting in.  Alcohol is dehydrating and red wine, while lower in sugar content than white, still has sugar.  I say – keep it for a 125 pound victory toast!

Post # 11
256 posts
Helper bee

@ LoriKay628……I want to join in!  We are wedding twins!  I need to lose 10 pounds as well!  Right now, I’m at 138! 

I would like to go down a dress size if possible!!! Smile

Post # 13
256 posts
Helper bee

@ LoriKay628…….Lol…..I know the feeling….my height is 5’0″!

Post # 14
903 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I started eating whole grains (whole wheat bread — not the fake “wheat” stuff, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat tortillas, whole wheat pitas, brown rice, etc.) and cut out high fructose corn syrup (you have to read labels, though, because it’s in a ton of stuff), and tried to cut out processed foods as much as possible. I lost 20 pounds over about 8 months, without even trying to diet or lose weight.

Post # 15
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Go to it, @LoriKay628:! I just took measurements for a bridesmaids dress I need this summer, and THERE’S my motivation. Eep! Starting Monday when I’ve got our Wii from FI’s house, I will be partying with Jillian Michaels and Zumba. I’m looking to drop 5-10, which doesn’t seem like much but on a 5’3″ frame, I can tell. I hope your plan goes well, keep up that determination! 

Post # 16
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

I wouldn’t take out the chocolate completely, cuz if you take away everything you likely won’t last as long.  Just have it once a week, and maybe it could be your reward for a week well done

The topic ‘10 lbs. in 3 months… How do I do it?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors