(Closed) 10 lbs. in 3 months… How do I do it?

posted 10 years ago in Fitness
Post # 18
648 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’m nodding my head thinking this all sounds good while eating a bowl of ramen… :sigh: I really just want to lose 5 but 10 would be beyond cool. I’m 5’1″, so every pound makes a difference.

Post # 19
1701 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

In addition to all of the above, I got in the habit of asking myself if it was worth it every time I ate something questionable.  Most of the time, the answer was “no”, I put it down.  However, once a week I allowed myself a reasonable dessert OR a couple alcoholic beverages.  I didn’t feel deprived at all because I had something to look forward to.

I also did 30 day shred several times a week.  I dropped 2 dress sizes in 3 months.  The trickier part is keeping it off now that the wedding is over and I’m not so motivated.

Post # 21
407 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Good luck! If you stick to it there’s no doubt you’ll meet your goal. Like a pp said, definitely add some weight training. Try to change up your cardio too. You’ve got to keep your body guessing and introduce new challenges. Even if you aren’t much of a runner, run just 20 or 30mins of intervals on the treadmill. Its great and you’ll be surprised how quickly the time flies by when its broken up with different speeds. I focus so much on that interval/increment of time I totally loose track of how long I’ve been working away.

Also, if you’re a huge chocolate addict don’t deprive yourself completely. Any time I deprive myself of a favorite I always go wild with it as soon as I allow it again. Make your restrictions realistic and you’ll probably find at the end of your 3 months you can make it a lifestyle change.

Post # 22
407 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

View original reply
@Georgia Bee: That’s what I do. Weekends when DH is home I have a reasonable dessert and have a few beers or glasses of wine. It helps me behave during the week because I know I’ll have my fun eventually and is a good motivator to get back to the gym come Monday morning!

Post # 23
5117 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@LoriKay628: 30 Day Shred is a Jillian Michaels workout that you can get on DVD. I just ordered her vids in a 4 pack from Amazon. I’ve heard the Shred will really do its job if you keep up with it, I’m pretty excited to try it out. 

Post # 25
1312 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Absolutely doable! Keep us posted! I’m looking to drop about 5 lbs before summer and it just isn’t happening! I blame the New Husband winter blues… 🙂

Post # 26
500 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’ll have to plug WW online here.  You can definitely do it and WW is very easy.  You’ll lose most the first week, probably about 4 or 5 pounds and then average around 2 pounds a week after, more if you actually exercise.  definitely doable. 

Post # 29
3977 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

My suggestion is to find different things to do every day.

Go for a long bike ride on Sunday. Go to a yoga class on Monday. Do a circuit of lifting weights (not free weights, but machines) focussing on legs on Wednesday. Take a long walk on Thursday with some situps and pushups. Do the elliptical and then dance around to a bunch of songs you love on Friday. Play a sport you love (might be too short a time to get into a league, but that helped me a lot) on Saturday.

Also, try to excerise a little every morning. Even if it’s just 10 minutes of walking or bike riding or something, get sweating and your blood pumping a bit to start you metabolism running.

And always, always, always eat breakfast. Even if you drop another meal. Always eat breakfast. And eat a little something healthy every couple hours.

And have at least one free day. Sometimes my free day was the day I lost the most weight actually. If you constantly eat very little your body adjusts to that lower calorie intake. You have to keep it guessing by varying the amount of calories you eat.

Which reminds me, as tedious as it is. Track your calories! I used livestrong.com their daily plate function is awesome.

Anyway, that’s my 2 cents from someone who lost 70 lbs in 6 months!

Post # 30
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

May I make a suggestion to weigh yourself only once a week instead of daily. In my experience it’s much better for your psychological health to only weight once a week. If i got on the scale and had gained any weight when I was trying so hard to lose it was very discouraging and just made me want to go eat junk. However, if I worked all week then I saw bigger results at the end of the week and it made me excited to keep it up for the next week!

Post # 31
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Do Zumba! Oh my gosh. It will WEAR you out. Last night, my instructor said you burn about 700 calories per hour. Also, WATER. Veggies, fruit!  🙂

The topic ‘10 lbs. in 3 months… How do I do it?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors