(Closed) 10 lbs. in 3 months… How do I do it?

posted 10 years ago in Fitness
Post # 32
1227 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I second 

View original reply
MrsSl82be. If you try to completely eliminate all sweets, you may end up feeling deprived and then go off track. I have heard that a little bit of dark chocolate every once in awhile is actually good for you. It has a lot of antioxidants and feel-good chemicals. If you’re worried about not being able to control the amount of chocolate you eat, you could set a really well-defined limit – like one piece/square of dark chocolate per week, or something like that.

Post # 33
2312 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

The South Beach Diet is miserable for long amounts of time, but for 3 months, it’d help you lose 10 lbs easily.

Post # 34
1509 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I was a varsity athlete at a Division 1 college and also have maintained 120 lbs being 5’7″ for years with little exercise for the most part.  When I have gained weight like on my honeymoon or after we got married, I dropped the weight again.

To lose weight fast, this is what you need to do.

1).  Write down why you want to lose the weight and how much you want to lose.  Seriously.  Do this.  Carry it around with you in your purse.  Whenever you feel like you are going to fall off the wagon, take it out and reread it.

2). Cut out all alcohol.

3). Drink at least 10 glasses of water a day.  Try for more if you can.  You cannot lose weight while being dehydrated.  Also, the more water you drink, the more you flush all that bad out of you.

4). Do not eat more than 1,200 calories per day if you are not exercising.  If you are exercising, eat 1,200 calories plus whatever amount you are burning.  So let’s say you are running for 30 minutes and burn 300 calories – eat 1,200 calories.  This is THE MOST important part.  While some calories are healthier than others, your body recognizes calories as energy regardless of what form it comes in.  If you consume more than your body needs to function, it will turn these extra calories/ energy into fat because it has to do something with them.  If you create a calorie deficit, but burning more than you consume, then your body uses the calories that was previously stored as fat to function and you start losing weight.  Never go below 1,200 calories as your total net amount daily, or else your body will go into starvation mode, your metabolism will decrease, you will burn less calories daily than you were before and as soon as you start eating more again, you will gain it all back and more.

5). Don’t eat less than 4 hours before bedtime. 

6). Don’t eat simple carbs after lunch.  Complex carbs such as vegetables are fine. 

7). When you are eating carbs, try to eat high fiber carbs.  This means if you normally have white toast in the morning that have 10 g carbs in each slice with 1 b fiber (for example), change that to full grain bread that has (for example) 13 g carbs with 8 g fiber.  The reason for this is that your body cannot process fiber.  The fiber you eat will be pooped out, so the net carbs in that whole grain bread are actually only 5 g, which is less than the white bread. Additionally, if you haven’t been eating a lot of fiber, you should start because as it gets processed through your system, it helps get out a lot of old junk in your intestines that have been sitting there.  I’ve read that people can carry up to 20 lbs of waste in their digestive tract that is never pooped out…. which brings me to my next point.

8). Do a salt flush each weekend.  This is where you put 2 tablespoons of epsom salts (non-iodized salt) – totally separate from table salt, in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it in the morning.  This acts as a natural laxative and helps get out a lot of that old junk in your digestive tract.  Also, do it when you don’t need to leave the house.  Sorry for Too Much Information here… but if your digestive tract isn’t totally healthy, you will be going a lot for a few hours.  The next day you will literally wake up like 2 lbs lighter.  Drink a lot of water the day you do this and don’t eat beforehand or after for about 3 hours.  I’ve noticed that when I break out a bit, and then do a salt flush on the weekend, it helps my skin get back to normal and glow more. 

9). When you feel like 1,200 net calories just aren’t enough and you feel like snacking, snack on celery (with no dip).  The fresh crunch and high water content can be very satisfying and there are virtually no calories in them.

10). Cut down on dairy.  Our bodies are not made to digest cow’s milk.  It is difficult to digest and causes all sorts of problems when you eat it in large amounts.  I love cheese, so this is one of the hardest things for me when I want to lose some weight quickly.

11). Lastly, join http://www.myfooddiary.com or something similar.  It’s a great tool where you can enter in literally anything you eat and it will tell you how many calories you are eating, it tracks the number of waters you have a day, calculates the calories you burn when you do any workout and tracks your weight loss.  It even tells you specifically how many calories you can consume each day based on your current body weight, how much you want to lose and by what date. 

12). YOU CAN DO IT!  I have found its easier to dive head first into doing this and dropping that weight rapidly while not slowing down the metabolism too much.  You can most likely lose your 10 pounds much quicker than your goal time frame.  Once you do, maintaining is much easier.

13). Are you toned?  Try 30 day shred if you aren’t very athletic or in good shape.  If you are in good shape, try the Insanity DVD set.  Both of these workouts are great for toning you up.  Insanity are a set that are 30 – 40 minutes each and combine cardio and body weight resistence strength training – it’s the best workout I have ever hard.  It will whip you into shape in no time.

14). Try to eat out less with your friends and family when doing this.  The hardest part is saying no to wine and delicious appetizers or the bread and butter at a restaurant when you are trying to lose weight.  It isn’t fun, but your family and friends will respect this when you tell them why.  Also, invite them over for dinner and make something healthy instead!

15). Take vitamins.  Pre-natal vitamins are the best since they have the omega 3 fatty acids, which are good fats, which help your skin and nails. 

PM me if you want any more info 🙂 

Post # 35
7172 posts
Busy Beekeeper
Post # 36
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2011

You can easily lose the 10lbs by doing atkins.

Post # 37
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Congrats to all u ladies for loosing pounds! I’m also happy to share that I’ve lost 18 pounds in about 3months! I’m so proud of myself…. I’ve been eating healthier, smaller portions with a lot of water. But one other thing that has definetly helped is a natural supplement called ALCACHOFA! Let me tell u ladies, it works! I was going to the gym as much as I could but I have back problems and wasn’t always able to do it. When my Doc told me about ALCACHOFA I decided to try it, and its been helping… So I do recommend it! Good luck ladies with ur weight loss. Keep up the good work and remember it’ll be worth it!

Post # 38
572 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

INSANITY or P90X.  It also comes with a meal plan

Post # 39
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m doing P90X. I was going to try Insanity but didn’t want to pay for it, and I had a friend that I could borrow P90X from! I love it and hate it at the same time! I want to lose about 10 pounds and I think I can do it…my trouble is that I love food that I know is BAD for you! haha…I’m working on it, but I think if we all check in with each other, it will make me more likely to stay on track!

Post # 40
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I do well with structure so the South Beach Diet Phase 1 worked wonders for me. It was REALLY easy when I was dedicated to it. I think skimming through the book is what gave me the motivation and helped me stick with it. I lost 10 lbs in Phase 1 (2 weeks) AND all my acne went away and my skin was super smooth. I plan to do Phase 1 again right before my wedding.

FYI- I lost all the weight with only exercising 1 or 2 times, but I was committed to moving around more instead of sitting and lounging on the couch. I took the stairs instead of the elevator and walked whenever I had the chance (instead of emailing or calling someone).

Post # 42
1227 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@desert-bride-to-be: Alcachofa? Doesn’t that mean artichoke in spanish? Is it made from artichokes?

Post # 43
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I am a nutrition major so maybe I can help you out a little. First of all, the single greatest tool for weight loss is self-monitoring. This means that you should keep a daily food journal of everything that you eat, which will give you a good idea of about how many calories you are consuming every day. http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/ is a great website to monitor your daily caloric intake, and you can even record your workouts.

In order to lose 1 pound in 1 week, one must reduce their calorie intake by 500 cal/day. With your 12 week time frame, you would need to lose .833 lb/week, so you could reduce your intake by slightly less than 500 cal/day.  Just figure out about how many calories you normally eat during the day using that website, then subtract 500 from that number, and this is your goal for caloric intake per day. A deficit of 500 calories per day seems like a lot, but if you combine healthier eating with exercise, this is very possible. Just make sure that you keep up your self-monitoring, limit alcohol and soda (empty calories), and limit high sugar foods. Also, if your calorie goal ends up being less that 1200 per day, make sure that you take a vitamin/mineral supplement to ensure that you are getting all of the needed nutrients that you might not be getting from food since you will be consuming less. You can do it!

Post # 44
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Bubu82: Yes it is…. Its made with Artichoke and Apple vinegar. I’m hooked and won’t use anything else 🙂

The topic ‘10 lbs. in 3 months… How do I do it?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors