(Closed) 10 little monkeys

posted 6 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@jules28:  It will be ok! I promise! We had over 40+ kids meals, so I was super nervous about crying kids, running around during serious parts kids, etc. And in the end, everyone was either well behaved, or their parents were and had them out in the other area. 🙂

I did have one who would not leave my side, but after a while I just made my way to her family’s table and said that I loved spending some time with her and I’d see her on the dance floor *cough*hint*cough* and that took care of it. You have the bonus of all family kids- just tell a grandma or an aunt and they can run interference on a kiddo who’s getting a bit out of control without making mom/dad mad.

And you wanna bet who was 1st on the dance floor and last to leave? The pack of children! Haha. I had 5 year olds breaking it down way past bed time. I think you’ll be plenty okay with props/toys and proper parental/family supervison of the kiddos. 

Post # 4
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

It really depends on the age and the child in question.  If they are all sitting together at one table I’d be pretty nervous.  If they are spread out with parents around the room it would probably go better.  If you are planning on letting them sit together I would look at hiring a babysitter (or enlisting a teenage family member) to sit with them and keep on eye on them.  Or maybe if there is a separate space in the venue arrange for a sitter to take the kids to their “fun room” after dinner to watch movies and hang out while the adults enjoy the speeches and dancing.  

The topic ‘10 little monkeys’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors