(Closed) 10 month engagement?

posted 8 years ago in Logistics
Post # 17
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I’m half way through an 11 month engagement and I think 10 months is reasonable! I live in a big city, and venues and vendors book up pretty quickly. We ended up choosing a Thursday for our date. Sounds ridiculous at first, I know. But I can’t believe how happy I am to have an off-day wedding! Vendors get booked up quick, and having a Thursday wedding has allowed me to pick the best of the best. I’ve had my choice for a DJ, a band, ceremony musicians, makeup and hair artists, and florists. Some at a discount! Everyone who really wants to be there will make the time to come, and the people that find it inconveient don’t need to be there! 🙂 Just a thought in case you run into jam trying to find a place or are looking for ways to reduce the stress and save money with a 10 month engagement. 

Post # 18
144 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

100% reasonable. My engagement will have been 8 months when I get married. Our wedding is in March and for the past month or so I’ve found myself with not too much to do. Just make a list and stick to it!

Post # 19
5191 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

Totally within the realm of reason. Out of all of our friends, only 2 of us had engagements of 8 months or longer. Almost all of our friends had engagements of 7 months or less.

That said, nail down your guest list before you choose a venue. In order to nail down the guest list, make sure to consult your respective families. If they are contributing $$ or other resources, they also get a say in the guest list.

Post # 20
378 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

We got engaged on October 5, 2013 and are getting married August 16, 2014. Just a little bit over 10 months. Sounds like perfect timing to me 🙂

Post # 20
3791 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Old thread, but good information.

I had debated doing a 16-month engagement, as I just got engaged in February. However, I always wanted a Fall wedding. A couple of our favorite venues had a few dates in October available, so we are meeting with one of them today to get some questions answered and hopefully get a deposit made. I’ve had a lot of friends plan great weddings in 7 months, so 10 months is doable. Just know that you’ll be making a lot of decisions right away – which is where I’ll be at once we get the venue booked.

Post # 21
1306 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
MissJEM1984:  totally reasonable! i’m doing it! engaged 7/20/13, wedding 5/3/14! i actually have enjoye dthe fact that things are moving quickly and i don’t have time to mull every decision over for days and weeks!

Post # 22
Hostess
9747 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Chicago, IL

I had an 8 month engagement, but the brunt of my planning all happened about 2-3 months before the wedding. I’m crazy and booked my venue 2.5 weeks before! I got away with this because I had such a small wedding, and it was local to both of our families. But a big wedding is totally do-able in 8 months!

Post # 23
1172 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
MissJEM1984:  Yep! We have a 9 month engagment, and we’ve got about a month & a half left.

Post # 24
2592 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

View original reply
MissJEM1984:  You got this girl! My mom planned her wedding in 3 months!

The topic ‘10 month engagement?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors